What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Wake up pressure

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I noticed f33 has 25 active frames , way more than any other combo sub has. Wouldn't that make it the go to wake up pressure string? And it's -4 on block so it's hella safe. And yes I know if they have meter they can armor thru. But is that 25 active frames threw the entire string? If they have no meter they would have to respect it right?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I noticed f33 has 25 active frames , way more than any other combo sub has. Wouldn't that make it the go to wake up pressure string? And it's -4 on block so it's hella safe. And yes I know if they have meter they can armor thru. But is that 25 active frames threw the entire string? If they have no meter they would have to respect it right?
its a high so no and on females clone doesnt work off of it

F+3,3 is going to be the main pressure string you want for Sub. You can OS EX ice ball after forward+3 if one of the first two hits connect. Don't think the clone will work because the low causes push back. Just stick with F+3,3 and you should be good

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
F3, 3 is changeable into any sub special in in variation. I believe it leads to the second highest damaging combos, second to b1, 2.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
F33 as a pressure string seems decent. It's fast, advances (maybe beats back dash?), safe on block, clone cancelable. But the first hit is a high, so match up pending, it could be dangerous (thinking Mileena ball).

It's worth experimenting with, mixing up your string into clone to keep from being predictable. I'd mix it in with 12, b12, b33, f42, f12 (+2 in GM) etc.

Matix218

Get over here!
F33 as a pressure string seems decent. It's fast, advances (maybe beats back dash?), safe on block, clone cancelable. But the first hit is a high, so match up pending, it could be dangerous (thinking Mileena ball).

It's worth experimenting with, mixing up your string into clone to keep from being predictable. I'd mix it in with 12, b12, b33, f42, f12 (+2 in GM) etc.
Wait what? The first attack is a high? F33 is mid, low, mid isn't it?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Does it hit mid first? Lol I'll be honest I don't use it much as is, so please correct me if I'm wrong. My bad.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Mileena is someone you never wanna use wake up pressure on anyway , her roll beats almost everything. Way easier to jus block

Matix218

Get over here!
Does it hit mid first? Lol I'll be honest I don't use it much as is, so please correct me if I'm wrong. My bad.
Yeah the first hit is definitely mid. I think this string is one of sub zeros most important tools. It starts up in 8 frames with a mid, it is (iirc) only -3 on block. It knocks down on hit and can be cancelled after the second hit into special (and with practice option selected with ex iceball).

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Oh wow, 8f f33?? I thought it was slower than that. For some reason I thought 11 and slide were his fastest punishes at 9 frames.

Matix218

Get over here!
According to Tom's Guide it is listed at 8frame startup. Unless it has since been changed I assume that is what it is

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
F33 is a great string... Yes... the first hit is high or mid, but the second is a low and hits often...

I like to do F33 clone and cut the string off after the low on a knockdown or let the entire string rock and end -4, but you ex ice shatter right after to blow up their attempt at offense.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@Matix218 I think that's an error on the guides part, or maybe they did change it on release. I think f33 is something like 12 or 13 frames now. Really should've saved that frame data guide to my phone.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah mid/ low/ mid, 9 frames, only 2 frames slower than 11 at 7 frames. It's as fast as slide for reference, which is crazy. B33 is the 13 frame one I was thinking of. I really should start using this more.