What's new

Discussion [VOTE]Who is the WORST variation in the game right now?

Worst Variation In The Game

• Total voters

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Most of these characters would be fixed if they give them a divekick or a teleport. But, this happened only to the priviledge ones (Sonya, Kenshi, Ermac, Jackie briggs (Her ground pound is a dive kick like).Kitana,Mileena,Takeda.... See a pattern?.LOL.
Jacqui's ground pound is nothing like a divekick. Hitbox isn't active till she touches the ground and it's easily anti-aired.

Jacqui's ground pound is nothing like a divekick. Hitbox isn't active till she touches the ground and it's easily anti-aired.
The opponent has to guess if She cancels it or not. It's a 50/50 divekick, that adds a mindgame in Her favor. So Godlike in corner setups.
Also, it's plus on block, So godlike.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Venomous is also pretty damn bad. After the F2 nerf I wouldn't even say her "good neutral" makes up for it. She's really bad. Worse than lackey tho? Maybe not, but wanna hear some opinions about her.

HateMe!

Noob
I really want to see someone show how good Warrior is, because since the last patch everyone disagrees that he's shit, but no one actually proved that.

Compared to Lackey - Yeah, he's ok. Compared to rest of the cast - Lots of characters that can do the same but better. Compared to HQT - He's redundant.

Also: Heavy Weapons isn't bad.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Most of these characters would be fixed if they give them a divekick or a teleport. But, this happened only to the priviledge ones (Sonya, Kenshi, Ermac, Jackie briggs (Her ground pound is a dive kick like).Kitana,Mileena,Takeda.... See a pattern?.LOL.
I don't get what you're trying to get at??? These characters have had these things from the beginning... don't see what makes them so "privileged"

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The opponent has to guess if She cancels it or not. It's a 50/50 divekick, that adds a mindgame in Her favor. So Godlike in corner setups.
Also, it's plus on block, So godlike.
Except, it's not a 50/50, and is easily anti-aired. There is no hitbox on the move till it touches the floor so you can jab them out of the 30+ frame animation. It's useful yes, but nothing like a divekick.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think all of Kung jins variations are pretty solid not as good as they were in season 1 but still solid to say the least
He is very viable. His moveset is fine. Its his persona that is awful. He's just so ... BORING. His character design is thoroughly uninspiring.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
"I'm not saying you should go yolo EX overheading"
-Really? cuz the combo you mentioned seems pretty yolo ex overhead to me if your not hit confirming from your cancels.

"Idk what kinda trash player you are coming at me telling me his execution is impractical"
- well your welcome to 1v1 me and find out and i have pretty darn good execution if you ask me. I know for a fact its better than yours.

-Doing his pre- patch combo online is inconsistent ask any good jax player since you aren't one.

-Ye f21 ex overhead like i said yolo unsafe overhead like your opponent is just gonna let you do that. That's not the combo i am talking about i'm talking about his cancel combo so 2-0 to me so far.

"Wrestler did have the better pressure. HW cancels could be poked out of"
-this is soo stupid a comment i don't even know where to begin. If you do a cancel and you block and your opponent pokes what happens? ye that's right they are minus and its your turn again. Wow you really show your lack of knowledge.

If you think doing his pre-patch combos are easy then you go ahead and hit-confirm anything you want into a cancel then neutral duck or tee-bag before inputing your 123 ex overhead and tell me you think you can do that 100% of the time in a game.

You see unlike you i'm actually showing you why your wrong and willing to have a discussion not just have a hissy fit like a 12year old.
Jax isn't in a great position, but there is no way he is bottom 1 variation in the game tier. Wrestler's pressure was way nicer, HW pressure you didn't even need to poke you could just jab out into full combo, Wrestler had some real nice mixes off so much on block. Meanzuga was a jax main all 3 variations, so I know he knows hes shit on this character and has no reason to embellish in favour of the character. I'm not sure why we are bringing up Jax execution from like a year ago, but its been patched to make it a lot more consistent now so that's not really relevant to his position now.

Also, poking out of pressure is VERY relevant when the gap is so large that you can just open up into a full combo off standing 1, just because he tried to go for a second 3 hit block string. The risk/reward was heavily against you which is why people always said HW's pressure was a gimmick, right?

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Out of the provided list I would say Drunken Master, High Tech and Marksman all share the lowest tier. At least Marksman has projectiles and High Tech has potential C tier dirt. Voted Drunken Master as worst variation.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Jax isn't in a great position, but there is no way he is bottom 1 variation in the game tier. Wrestler's pressure was way nicer, HW pressure you didn't even need to poke you could just jab out into full combo, Wrestler had some real nice mixes off so much on block. Meanzuga was a jax main all 3 variations, so I know he knows hes shit on this character and has no reason to embellish in favour of the character. I'm not sure why we are bringing up Jax execution from like a year ago, but its been patched to make it a lot more consistent now so that's not really relevant to his position now.

Also, poking out of pressure is VERY relevant when the gap is so large that you can just open up into a full combo off standing 1, just because he tried to go for a second 3 hit block string. The risk/reward was heavily against you which is why people always said HW's pressure was a gimmick, right?
The problem with their argument is that they're both getting the wrong end of the stick of what they're trying to actually argue.

Wrestler has more 'mixups' in the binary sense (although the only standing normals/strings he can actually tick from have such laughable frame data that they scream "armour me" in most matchups anyway, even if the command grab hits has fuck all hit advantage I might add)

Most of Heavy Weapons cancels are negative on block but that's largely irrelevant since base Jax already has good frames on most normals by themselves. Unlike a variation like A-List where while most of his cancels are plus on block, the normals by themselves are relatively limited once you're out of juice.

In HW's case the cancel is there for the sake of conversions/safety, so that you have a means of launching them meterlessly (the only variation of Jax that can do this and this alone dismisses the idea that variationless Jax is better than HW as complete lunacy), and so you have means of confirming single buttons (nobody is forcing HW to press buttons about the negative cancel) instead of taking a chance with EX OHDP and end up looking like a complete buffoon if the initial button was blocked.

So if we're just talking offense, it's pretty much just semantics between more offense vs safer offense.

Also no amount of experience makes a player immune to plain false logic. A common notion within the Jax community was that besides standing 4, ALL of HW's cancels were negative on block. Yours truly had to prove that one wrong.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The problem with their argument is that they're both getting the wrong end of the stick of what they're trying to actually argue.

Wrestler has more 'mixups' in the binary sense (although the only standing normals/strings he can actually tick from have such laughable frame data that they scream "armour me" in most matchups anyway, even if the command grab hits has fuck all hit advantage I might add)

Most of Heavy Weapons cancels are negative on block but that's largely irrelevant since base Jax already has good frames on most normals by themselves. Unlike a variation like A-List where while most of his cancels are plus on block, the normals by themselves are relatively limited once you're out of juice.

In HW's case the cancel is there for the sake of conversions/safety, so that you have a means of launching them meterlessly (the only variation of Jax that can do this and this alone dismisses the idea that variationless Jax is better than HW as complete lunacy), and so you have means of confirming single buttons (nobody is forcing HW to press buttons about the negative cancel) instead of taking a chance with EX OHDP and end up looking like a complete buffoon if the initial button was blocked.

So if we're just talking offense, it's pretty much just semantics between more offense vs safer offense.

Also no amount of experience makes a player immune to plain false logic. A common notion within the Jax community was that besides standing 4, ALL of HW's cancels were negative on block. Yours truly had to prove that one wrong.
you're right on all accounts. I do think the weight of experience does matter, but nobody is immune to being wrong. I'm just saying meanzuga isn't trolling or anything. I do think the character isn't bottom 1, a spot reserved for truly the worst

aka Cyrax :p

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
you're right on all accounts. I do think the weight of experience does matter, but nobody is immune to being wrong. I'm just saying meanzuga isn't trolling or anything. I do think the character isn't bottom 1, a spot reserved for truly the worst

aka Cyrax :p
Fair enough, I agree either way lol.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
interesting that this thread turned into people naming variations they wanted to main but the variation ended up mediocre or bad.

i guess people don't like reading the op and just start typing stuff based on the title.
:rolleyes:

lackey is the absolute worst imo.

outlaw crossed my mind but at least you have a decent whiff punishing string and tick throws that don't throw your opponent across the stage.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
You just mentioned the only good tools he has. The armor +6 is overrated. What good is it if you can only follow it with d4 because of the push back? b3 and insta air OH DB2 is just a 50/50 that requires meter in order to combo how good is this compared to Sonya or Kung Jin 50/50 that are meterless and lead to combos? Self destruct setups are good but they are situational and can only be set up in the corner after you have landed a combo. You can't just set it up in HKD like other set play characters.
I don't see how an armor move that can be thrown out there with little consequence since its plus can be considered overrated when there are other characters have to be careful armoring or they will get full combo punished if blocked.

Metered or not, a 50/50 is still a 50/50. Either choose to spend a bar and launch, or use it like Scorpions F2 and dunk on opponents til they are tired of getting dunked on, then open up for he low. Besides im not sure why you are bringing higher tier chars into this conversation when this thread is about low tiers. Its obvious he is nothing like those chars. I never said this variation was great, top 5 contender. I just said he was better than the variations that are really really bad which imo is Lackey and Heavy Weapons with Warlock and Drunk Master close behind.

Warrior can set up self destruct after any bnb that starts midscreen and ends in the corner, and yes he is able to activate self destruct after HKDs. More specifically raw F4s and insta air pounces.

Do you have a good Warrior? Can we play so you can show me? maybe i'm wrong but I do believe this is one if not the worse variation.
Hell no im not about to play Warrior vs any variation of Kitana if the player is at least half decent. That MU is ass...

where can I learn more about him?
Either check out the forums or I can show you some other stuff with the character that hasn't been posted on the forums.