What's new

Vote Mortal Kombat 11 as Best Fighting Game for TGA

Espio

Kokomo
I voted for Mortal Kombat 11. Samurai Showdown is fun and a nice addition to the fighting game renaissance, but more content among other things definitely puts MK over it. Only other fighting game I feel like is legit in the running is Smash. The others? Ehhh

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Is there a reason why no DBFZ, Tekken 7, SFV? is this by release date?
Yes, that's exactly the reason. They were all released in previous years, not 2019. Also SFV and DBFZ took the award for 2016 and 18, and IJ2 got the award for 2017.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Smash Ultimate is going to win for sure. The only game that can kinda go toe-to-toe with it is MK11, but I'm pretty sure Smash has more copies sold, more players, more viewership online, and honestly the game is an achievement considering it was able to bring back every previous fighter including guests like Snake. Pretty sure it broke records by becoming the fastest selling Nintendo game also, so I think all those things mean Smash is going to have more voters and the people behind-the-scenes at TGA that make the final deciding factor have more of a reason to see Smash as "the best FG" on the line-up.

MK11 has the best visuals out of any fighting game if we are ignoring animation and talking about realistic graphics only (kinda unfair to compare to anime FGs, for an example), but I don't think that's enough for MK11 to take the win. You can argue that Smash "Isn't a real FG" so MK11 would be the winner, but 1) that's dumb, and 2) If they didn't see Smash as a real FG it wouldn't be on the list.

Dead or Alive 6, Jump Force, and Samurai Shodown are niche to win.

Seriously, Smash is probably bigger than every other nominated FG on this list combined.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Smash Ultimate is going to win for sure. The only game that can kinda go toe-to-toe with it is MK11, but I'm pretty sure Smash has more copies sold, more players, more viewership online, and honestly the game is an achievement considering it was able to bring back every previous fighter including guests like Snake. Pretty sure it broke records by becoming the fastest selling Nintendo game also, so I think all those things mean Smash is going to have more voters and the people behind-the-scenes at TGA that make the final deciding factor have more of a reason to see Smash as "the best FG" on the line-up.

MK11 has the best visuals out of any fighting game if we are ignoring animation and talking about realistic graphics only (kinda unfair to compare to anime FGs, for an example), but I don't think that's enough for MK11 to take the win. You can argue that Smash "Isn't a real FG" so MK11 would be the winner, but 1) that's dumb, and 2) If they didn't see Smash as a real FG it wouldn't be on the list.

Dead or Alive 6, Jump Force, and Samurai Shodown are niche to win.

Seriously, Smash is probably bigger than every other nominated FG on this list combined.
MK11's animations are awesome like all NRS game, but on top of that, Smash's animations are terrible, they were proven to not only look bad, but even being copied from Smash Brawl from 2008 while the devs didn't bother to fix them since then. MK11 has the best visuals all around. And yes Smash sold more copies, but MK11 is the best selling game of 2019 since Smash was still released only last year, and MK11 is the overall better product, not only with visuals, content, fan service and sales, but also the netcode, as Bandai Namco are the ones who develop Smash and they just using the same input delay netcode that they got for SC6 and Tekken 7, and MK11 has the best netcode of all fighting games right now.

MK11 is gonna win, guaranteed.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That's sad fucking list of options. I'm not even a fan of MK11, but boy does it shit on everything else. I don't even consider Jump Force or Smash fighting games at all.