What's new

Question Vortex

Real talk how many people actually use the sinestro vortex..? Like I only do the b12 shackles into a j2 j1 b13 b3 j3 b12 shackles j2 into f2d13 then i just zone and build trait. I have never seen any sinestro actually vortex constantly every match. I played 1 sinestro who didnt zone and tried to rush down, but it didnt work out well for him...

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Real talk how many people actually use the sinestro vortex..? Like I only do the b12 shackles into a j2 j1 b13 b3 j3 b12 shackles j2 into f2d13 then i just zone and build trait. I have never seen any sinestro actually vortex constantly every match. I played 1 sinestro who didnt zone and tried to rush down, but it didnt work out well for him...
Personally, it depends more on the matchup. I want to vortex characters like Martian and Batman alot because Sinestro loses to them in the neutral game. But there are other characters like Catwoman and Green Lantern where you are better served by putting them full screen and building the trait so that you can have an easier time when they do get in.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
i think it depends on the match-up like cowboy said but it also depends on the player. If you like to keep your opponents guessing then keep looping the vortex. On the other hand, if you like to keep characters out (with the exception of all teleport characters minus captain marvel or characters that win the neutral game) then go for zoning but a lot of the time it's not just MU's but it's also about a certain player's playstyle.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
A rule of thumb for Sinestro:

-Vortex characters you cannot zone or that can punish you for trying to zone too much (Batgirl, MMH, Ares, sometimes Bane)
-Zone characters that struggle to deal with zoning (GL, Deathstroke, Cyborg, NW)
-Try to mix it up between the two for well-rounded characters (Batman, Supes, WW)

That's it.

TKB

Noob
A rule of thumb for Sinestro:

-Vortex characters you cannot zone or that can punish you for trying to zone too much (Batgirl, MMH, Ares, sometimes Bane)
-Zone characters that struggle to deal with zoning (GL, Deathstroke, Cyborg, NW)
-Try to mix it up between the two for well-rounded characters (Batman, Supes, WW)

That's it.
I totally agree but you feel that Deathstroke has trouble with zoners? Lol he belongs in the well rounded category my friend. :) Cyborg too... His zoning is stronger than most in the trade and grapple is a good tool against zoning.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I totally agree but you feel that Deathstroke has trouble with zoners? Lol he belongs in the well rounded category my friend. :) Cyborg too... His zoning is stronger than most in the trade and grapple is a good tool against zoning.
I'm talking in the Sinestro Matchup. You DEF need to be zoning DS and Cyborg. You get frame advantage and then trade with boulder or ex boulder. GG.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I think his vortex is the shiz especially in the corner you just have to condition your opponent to block one way then mix it up like any other vortex some situations if done correctly can leave you at advantage to do an overhead after

TKB

Noob
I'm talking in the Sinestro Matchup. You DEF need to be zoning DS and Cyborg. You get frame advantage and then trade with boulder or ex boulder. GG.
Hm alright fair enough. My personal experience against sinestro has been that I can counter zone no problem with Deathstroke, but he may win the trade. Up close I think they're pretty evenly matched, both have strong corner games too.

Everyone and their mothers block my vortex... Idk how they do it because truthfully I dont even know which one i'm gonna do. So I just zone and occasionally throw out a combo or two.