What's new

Question Vortex problems

Hi im roughly new, I have been practicing vortex combo I believe thats what it's called.
Anyways I'm have a lot of trouble after the tele punch 4,3 I can't get the spear to land..
Is it a timing thing? please help.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Its tight. Try to buffer bb while performing 4,3. It depends on the height of the oponent, so if you're too slow, spear will not hit. You have to work on the timing and remember that practice makes perfect.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
These combos are really height specific with a tight input window. Practice will make perfect. The only thing I could really say other than just practice is to make sure you aren't scaling the combo too much otherwise there could just be too much gravity for the spear to ever connect.

Thanks for the advice, LOL damn you guys make all this shit look so easy, i get frustrated with this stuff i finally landed it like twice so damn hard for me.

ryublaze

Noob
Thanks for the advice, LOL damn you guys make all this shit look so easy, i get frustrated with this stuff i finally landed it like twice so damn hard for me.
Umm you are referring to the void (can also be called a vortex).

jip, 11 spear, njp, jk tele, dash f43 spear

Easier combo that does 1% less damage:

jip, 11 spear, njp, dash 2 tele, dash f43 spear

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Wow, this game was such a long time ago, it feels like only yesterday we were complaining about Kabal...

hmm maybe that's another reason it wouldn't work i was doing
jip 1,1, spear, njp dash b+2 jump, kick tele, dash 4,3 spear. which when land i could never do a f4 or a b2 to reset nothing happens

ryublaze

Noob
hmm maybe that's another reason it wouldn't work i was doing
jip 1,1, spear, njp dash b+2 jump, kick tele, dash 4,3 spear. which when land i could never do a f4 or a b2 to reset nothing happens
If you already used b2 in the combo then if you did a b2 after f43 spear it won't launch them for a reset. F4 spear would still work but really there's no reason for opponent to block high if they know you already did b2 in the combo.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ah, yes. I remember getting the vortex down. It was a pain in the ass but it was fun. Plinking the 4 3 was a lot easier for me.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If you already used b2 in the combo then if you did a b2 after f43 spear it won't launch them for a reset. F4 spear would still work but really there's no reason for opponent to block high if they know you already did b2 in the combo.
Damn, and so I thought that damage scaling reset already means that those "launcher counters" are reset aswell. FML for all that time I wasted trainig the combo with b2. Thanks for the info though.

Edit: wait, do you mean that it's only b2 against standing opponent that matters? I use it like NJP, dash, b2 etc. (so it's against opponent in the air in my case). While we are at it, is it even sensible to begin juggle like that?

ryublaze

Noob
Damn, and so I thought that damage scaling reset already means that those "launcher counters" are reset aswell. FML for all that time I wasted trainig the combo with b2. Thanks for the info though.

Edit: wait, do you mean that it's only b2 against standing opponent that matters? I use it like NJP, dash, b2 etc. (so it's against opponent in the air in my case). While we are at it, is it even sensible to begin juggle like that?
umm any b2 in a combo would make it not launch after f43 spear. so NJP dash b2 wouldn't let you b2 after f43 spear. Actually, the f43 spear won't work off of that because the spear only hits once. and yes to your 2nd question, you just won't end the combo with f43 spear. instead you would just do something like NJP, dash b2, jump kick teleport dash 1,1 spear then proceed with the crossover jip f21 teleport vortex

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
umm any b2 in a combo would make it not launch after f43 spear. so NJP dash b2 wouldn't let you b2 after f43 spear. Actually, the f43 spear won't work off of that because the spear only hits once. and yes to your 2nd question, you just won't end the combo with f43 spear. instead you would just do something like NJP, dash b2, jump kick teleport dash 1,1 spear then proceed with the crossover jip f21 teleport vortex
Thanks for the input, now I at least know where to look and what to test.
Truth to be told, I should've started with reading up estabilished combos actually :)

If your having vortex problems
I feel bad for ya son
I got 99 problems
But overheads ain't one

Couldn't resist.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2