What's new

Vortex Characters

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Generally in " back to block" FGs crossups can be much more deadly. Characters that excel w/ their crossup game are considered vortex characters.So my question is which characters do we speculate to be heavily based vortex characters.

It might be vortex heavy if untechable knockdowns mean anything in injustice. In mk9, you can still do delayed wake up and delayed tech roll.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Even though its back to block couldnt you just still dash out of the way?
Thats correct but usually vortexes come from untechable knockdowns and safe jump setups etc. See akuma/cammy in ssf4ae12.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think Batman and Cyborg are going to be pretty big crossup characters.

Pretty sure those zip-lines are going to get real annoying, real fast.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Well judging by how Batman has a divekick, a glide, a nice crossup, and those electric bats, I would guess he has good mixups on wakeup at least.

In the lastest CPU Dubai videos posted it shows Superman has a nice wakeup mixup after he ends combos in his airgrab because he could airdash and go for an ambiguous crossup, go for an air laser, or maybe some other option we don't know yet.

So yea, so far I'd have to guess, Batman and Superman. =/

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I can't tell enough yet to predict this. I can see that Batman has a good crossup, but its hardly enough to define if he's a vortex guy or not. I mean Terry Bogard is a vortex guy, but it took awhile for folks to figure that out. It'll probably be awhile after launch before we can tell if there are any in Injustice IMO.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
In the lastest CPU Dubai videos posted it shows Superman has a nice wakeup mixup after he ends combos in his airgrab because he could airdash and go for an ambiguous crossup, go for an air laser, or maybe some other option we don't know yet.
Where can I find these videos?

SLy

Noob
Im mad nobody said Hawkgirl

I can honestly see Hawkgirl having a Vortex game and I have a feeling her Divekick will play a big part in it.. As of Now it looks really ambiguous and with her flight Im pretty sure she will also have other options that will put stress on the opponent on wake up