What's new

Void Stream: Nostalgia Fight Night 10/25 - PS4

A few weeks ago during the Wednesday Fight Night Broadcast, a few chatters asked if we'd ever consider hosting a Fight Night for Injustice 1. After putting up a poll, the majority voted that they would be interested in such an event. So, as announced on Twitter last week, this Thursday 9/27 our stream will host a special Nostalgia/Time Capsule edition of Fight Night dedicated to Injustice 1. Since PS4 is the primary console for the stream that is the medium we will be hosting the platform on.

So, given that the game is obviously older and the netcode not quite as up to par as MKX or Injustice 2. We're hoping that some Injustice 1 players may come out of retirement if for 1 night only to strut their stuff on stream. The show will follow the same format as Fight Night. The stream will be live at 8pm est and each set will be a FT5.

So, all that being said. Looking to unearth the Draugr of Inj1 players here on TYM.

Anyone interested in taking part?

If so, sign ups are being taken over Twitter to try and keep 1 organized list, but you may also say something here as well. We'll try to keep everything orderly.

https://twitter.com/Ragnarok_FGC/status/1044736619289481216

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Thanks for hosting this. I caught some of the stream and the nostalgic matches were fun. But I had a question (sorry if I'm missing the obvious):

Why was it that after a real fight, the players would start a new game and the previous loser would pick Joker and then just stand there while the previous winner proceeded to knock him out? I think it happened after every fight (the ones I caught anyway).

Maybe this was explained early on, but I joined late and didn't hear the commentators mention it. And I couldn't figure out what the purpose of it was. I have to tell you, although the show was fun, it got really tedious sitting through all the fake Joker fights waiting for the real ones.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Thanks for hosting this. I caught some of the stream and the nostalgic matches were fun. But I had a question (sorry if I'm missing the obvious):

Why was it that after a real fight, the players would start a new game and the previous loser would pick Joker and then just stand there while the previous winner proceeded to knock him out? I think it happened after every fight (the ones I caught anyway).

Maybe this was explained early on, but I joined late and didn't hear the commentators mention it. And I couldn't figure out what the purpose of it was. I have to tell you, although the show was fun, it got really tedious sitting through all the fake Joker fights waiting for the real ones.
Injustice 1 did not have AFK mode in king of the hill. So during Ragnarok's stream, when two players finished a match, the loser was moved down and Ragnarok was then forced to play the new king. To make this match go as fast as possible, the default p2 character (Joker) is picked and he just stands there so that p1 can kill him ASAP and play the next match against the actual opponent. So anytime you saw a helpless Joker getting beat up, that was actually Ragnarok and not the losing player.

It's a crappy situation, but that's how those older-gen games worked unfortunately

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Injustice 1 did not have AFK mode in king of the hill. So during Ragnarok's stream, when two players finished a match, the loser was moved down and Ragnarok was then forced to play the new king. To make this match go as fast as possible, the default p2 character (Joker) is picked and he just stands there so that p1 can kill him ASAP and play the next match against the actual opponent. So anytime you saw a helpless Joker getting beat up, that was actually Ragnarok and not the losing player.
Ahh ok, got it. Thanks for explaining! You can't just start the match and immediately pause and quit and have that count as a forfeit, huh? It has to be played through? What a PITA.