What's new

Match Footage - Ethereal Visual Enhancements Pt 2 by Eddy Wang: Semiij (Mileena) vs RedRaptor (Takeda)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The visual enhancements has gained some updates:
Now the Kounter Speed Trap Radar is individual, and it will present itself individually to each player vulnerability opportunity.

The number of stats per round have been increased from seven to eleven:

New stats are
Throws - Will show the number of times a player throws his opponent
Throw Escapes - Will show the number of times a player techs a throw.
Trip Guard Punish - Will show the amount of times a player makes jump attack trajectory reading and punish jump attacks on their recovery frame on the ground.
Jumps - will display the number of time a player jumps on neutral (doesn't count while player is doing combos)
Meter Usage - will display the amount of bars a player spent during each round.
Note: Breakers will add 2 points to the meter usage

Old stats that are still present
Kounters - Will display the amount of time, is punished or counter attacked
Clean Hits - will display the amount of time a player gets opened up by a normal, special, anything which isn't blocked but could be blocked (unblockables and throws doesn't count here)
Hard Read Kounters - Will display the amount of time a player counters his opponent on a hard read
Dropped Combos - Will display the amount of times a player has dropped a combo
Breakers - Will display the amount of times a player uses a breaker
Anti-Airs - will display the amount of times a player anti-airs

Human reaction time helper
Will be triggered mostly on counters situations to measure eye recognition time, in between an action from the opponent and the player reacting to it determining if its a reaction, a hard read counter or punish input timer.

I have 3 more videos to Edit, but i have an event to attend today, so i won't be uploading for the next 24h, just to let you guys know, the 3 next matches that will get a visual enhancement are:
Noble Illusions vs Forever King
Destroyer vs Dragon
Semiij vs Scar

@STORMS
@SneakyTortoise
@Red Raptor
@Semiij

promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
And don't worry, i have pre-rendered alpha channels to display a good chunk of these helpers, so i can re-use them in way less time than the first video from past week, so the time to edit these videos have been shortened.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Promoted! Thanks @Eddy Wang !
Thank you too, i have more of these coming, its just being kinda difficult to manage my professional life with the gaming one, the tiring part is just get the stats right, i need to watch the same set over and over to make sure i haven't missed them.

Editing is the most easier thing now, due the pre-alpha renders.

Also, if NRS is willing to gather some ideas, having visual enhancements as an option on replays would help the competitive scene as well somehow.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I dont feel that that way to be honest. There is a huge list of things way worse then this move, not to mention it requires meter.
invincibility frames on startup, avoid gaps, picks where to go, creates an huge opening on recovering normals or specials, linkable from strings, makes juggles extendable, is looks pretty good to me for a bar.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
invincibility frames on startup, avoid gaps, picks where to go, creates an huge opening on recovering normals or specials, linkable from strings, makes juggles extendable, is looks pretty good to me for a bar.
Looks great, but not in stupid way, that's what I mean. She still requires... that's the main reason why she is rarely picked up.

Skedar70

Noob
Mileena is still #1 character in the game. All of her variations are still top tier stuff. Nobody seems to be noticing this. I believe that she is the only character in the game that is above the rest, maybe all of these Semiij placings will make people notice this.

On the teleport thing. Don't try to go for a combo, just punish it with a d2 its better than nothing. Raptor not punishing it at all allowed Semiij to abuse it.

shura30

Shura
don't forget the stupid issue in which your character with the teleporting sai on his back still faces mileena as she's still there

and please don't tell me she can be grabbed there..lost count of the times in which I got punished for that