What's new

Viennality 2019 MK11 Stream!

Europe's Premier MK11 Pro Tour event, Viennality is going down this weekend. The stream is live right now, go check out who is gunning for tomorrow's Top 8.

live stream

brackets

First match was Liu Kang vs Shao Khan. Of course Shao Khan get his a*** kicked and switched to Liu Kang and equalize the game.
Liu Kang imba. I expect to see more and more PRO using him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

This tournament will give me heart attack. The force are so even when SonicFox is not in the tournament. So many close matches at turn arrounds. We can say with easy just by watching this tournament that KB, FB, and throws are so so IMBA, and some characters benefit so much from them.
I feel so bad for Yammini and his Jonny Cage. He was doing so good, but Jonny has not one viable KB and his FB is bad as hell. But still gratz for him and making top 8.
I really, really like Jonny Cage in MK11.

MAd respect for using Kotal in a Major. I honestly feel he isn't capable of consistently making top 8's and feel it's an uphill battle with his hitbox issues, lower than average KBs and damn near nothing up close.
Its refreshing to see a character loyalist put in work.
I'm using Shang in the upcoming tourney I basically dropped Kotal until he gets his hitboxes fixed.

Do you have your sets on hand? Are you in losers bracket and when is your next match.
Finished top 17.

This tournament will give me heart attack. The force are so even when SonicFox is not in the tournament. So many close matches at turn arrounds. We can say with easy just by watching this tournament that KB, FB, and throws are so so IMBA, and some characters benefit so much from them.
I feel so bad for Yammini and his Jonny Cage. He was doing so good, but Jonny has not one viable KB and his FB is bad as hell. But still gratz for him and making top 8.
I really, really like Jonny Cage in MK11.
Goes to show you how good Johnny can be if he did have viable Krushing Blows

As for his Fatal Blow, its not a bad move, its just not easy to utilize to its full potential.

Yeah i do think Jonny Cage deserve good KB, cause right now this ia big difference between him and other character.
KB and FB is probably the most important thing in the game.
BTW KB on throws just needs to go. They should be 1000% removed. Don`t know who decide to put KB on throw this is really, really bad idea.
Throw damage needs to be nerf as well. Should be lowered to some number between 8% - 12%

Yeah i do think Jonny Cage deserve good KB, cause right now this ia big difference between him and other character.
KB and FB is probably the most important thing in the game.
That and his issues against female characters are pretty much why he's viewed as more mid-to-lower tier for the moment. Those both get fixed, he'd be in a much better position.

LoL that grand final.

Absolutely LOL
Well at least it was entertaining which is more than what I can say for Top8 whenever Sonya showed up. Grr beating Dragon yesterday was a much better grand final in my opinion.

That being said, Good on NRS for helping to showcase Viennality.
I wasnt aware of that tourney until the Tournament stage changed and the NRS stream.

I have watched every streamed major: CB, CEO, and this. This one was where I feel like it all came out. Top characters: Geras, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron. Finale: Erron V Erron.
The online final I heard was a Scorpion V Scorpion, and my god this was a boring tournament to watch. Boki was the only interesting thing in it, but we kinda knew he was too wreckless to win it all.

Foxy is never gonna do it on Lao. Not with the above characters in the game in their current state.

Wow, it's almost like if you create and promote a core gameplay design, and then make characters that ignore it, those characters dominate the game. No fucking duh?!

Foxy is slowly counting the days Lao gets buffed and we're all going to hate it. and Lao is not terrible by any means.. I just think against the Top 5 he struggles a bit too much and that's what matters.

Also this Tournament stage being updated is a very underrated marketing tool. I had NO idea this existed (Since I don't follow social media traditionally) and I tuned in to watch it on the side. Not the best tournament, but high level MK is high level MK. Thanks NRS and please keep using this tournament update tool as often as possible.

I have watched every streamed major: CB, CEO, and this. This one was where I feel like it all came out. Top characters: Geras, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron. Finale: Erron V Erron.
The online final I heard was a Scorpion V Scorpion, and my god this was a boring tournament to watch. Boki was the only interesting thing in it, but we kinda knew he was too wreckless to win it all.

Foxy is never gonna do it on Lao. Not with the above characters in the game in their current state.

Wow, it's almost like if you create and promote a core gameplay design, and then make characters that ignore it, those characters dominate the game. No fucking duh?!
But did you see Scorp getting mauled by Asodimazze's Cetrion?
Please just stop typing and go hit training mode, you will always be a bad player if you can't change you current mindset.

But did you see Scorp getting mauled by Asodimazze's Cetrion?
Please just stop typing and go hit training mode, you will always be a bad player if you can't change you current mindset.
Yes I saw that and it was the best thing about the top 8, but that Scorpion player... I was watching that game live with my wife and literally calling out what the scorpion player was going to do as the match went on. Player was absolutely carried by his character, and watching Asod blow him up was fantastic.

The rest of that shit was unwatchable. I actually did fall asleep during the intermission before the grande finale, and had to wake up and rewind the stream to watch it again.. and o what a joy it was lol.

I'm not as good at the game as most of the TYM guys are, but I'm better than most of the general population, and I understand not only the mechanics of this game, but the mechanics of 4 of 5 other more complicated fighting games. In this top 8 the problems with the handful of characters that dominate the top tiers were exposed and the game looked like shit. It was bad. I don't need to be Daigo Umehara to tell you that.

ZeroSymbolic, wow you are talking a lot of nonsenses you know ? Shark Teeth is great player, but Asodimazze played great sets and Scorpion always going to have problem against Cetrion. Just not a good match for him.
And you realize Tekken Master used like 5 character, not only Erron ?
He used Kung Lao as well in the final and he could have won that third set if he didnt make crucial mistakes. He lose one round due to FB as well.
He was playing great with Lao, who is pretty okay.
Foxy was relying too much on his throw and he get punished a lot for that and he missed a lot of opportunities.
Foxy make top 8 in second tournament in a row, thats speak for itself. Againt nothing wrong with Lao.
BTW you realize how stupids it sounds to say that Kung Lao cant make it, because of that "tier bulls..." ? There is 3 Kung Lao in Top 8 in this tournament. They pretty much dominate the tournament .... And Kung Lao placement in this tournament is 2nd, 3rd and 5th. Your beloved Scorpion place last in top 8.
And you cant make your mind just of 1 tournament, where most top names wasnt at it.

Where you was at the CEO ? Where there wasnt any Scorpion at all, same for Sonya, Geras and Erron Black. The tournament was literally dominated by Liu Kang and Jacqui players.
There is nothing wrong with Scorpion, if you can`t handle it, the problem is in you.
But i just realize you are a pure crybaby just by this statement: This tournament was boring to watch.
This was the most excitement tournament to watch to date, even with so many top name missing.
There was so many epic and close matches.
And Yammini with Jonny Cage was so nice to watch. Gratz for cracking top 8.

^ What is going on with the format? You got to fix that before I'm going to read it.

OK after decoding it.

"Shark Teeth is a great player."
-I'm sure that he is good, but nonetheless I play against Scorpion so often that I can read them. I was able to call out most of the things he was going to do before he did them as I watched the match. The power level of that character has never been my complaint with him, it's the way that he plays, not Shark, but Scorpion. The character is so basic that there isn't room for imagination with him. They are all going to do about the same shit, it's just that the teleport has so many options off of it in Reborn that you are not going to outguess him every time and sometimes he will get the better of you. If you are on point with your punishes against Scorpion and you match the correct punishment to the option he chose and the spacing it leaves you at on block, you can beat him most of the time. It's even possible that Shark was limited by his character. Scorpion does one thing, he does it amazingly well but it's all that he does.

"Scorpion is always going to have problems with Cetrion, it's just a bad match up for him."
-Scorpion is actually a direct counter-pick to Cetrion. The commentary said this a couple times as well, so you don't have to take it from me. The fact that I main Cetrion is probably why I have so much experience against him. I fight that character like 8 out of 10 matches I play, and it's usually not my opponents main.

"You realize Tekken Master used like 5 character, not only Erron?"
-Yeah he used Erron, Sonya, and Geras from what I remember, and those are the characters I pretty much say are the problem with the game.

"Foxy made top 8 twice in a row."
-Yeah he's world-class. Imagine if he played a top 5 character. He might have won one by now?

"There were 3 Kung Lao in this tournament."
-And they all lost to Geras, Sonya, and Erron.

"Your beloved Scorpion placed last in top 8."
I am a Cetrion main, and my hate for Scorpion is pretty well documented. He took 8th here, and the other Grand Finale was a Scorpion Mirror.

"There is nothing wrong with Scorpion, if you can`t handle it, the problem is in you"
There is a lot wrong with Scorpion. I handle it all the time. Pretty much my entire damn MK11 experience is handling Scorpion. I'll even make a hot take. I think he's bad. He is supposedly a counter to Cet, but I watch Cet beat Scorpion in these majors all the time, and I beat him too. His move set is extremely limiting and forces him into predictability. He's in an odd place where he is broken as fuck and still sucks. How ya like them apples?

"But i just realize you are a pure crybaby just by this statement: This tournament was boring to watch."
More mirror matches in this Top 8 than any other top 8, mirror match grande finale. Dragon, Tweedy, Sonic Fox, etc. Not participating. Predictable Top tiers running the top 8. O BOY that hype... Also love the hour long Scud Shot standoffs. That shit was so damn exciting.

Did we watch the same event?

Last edited:
@lordlosh "Scorpion always going to have problem against Cetrion."
What's that matchup for him? 5-5 dont think he has a single bad matchup
That match up is not a 5-5 at all. It's in Scorpions favor at least 4-6 if not 3-7. Just most Scorpions eat crayons and most Cetrions are damn near Jedi (Look at our start up, Block, and recovery frames, we kinda have to be.)

Interesting people saying the finals were boring. Yeah maybe for casuals who don’t understand what they’re watching. But there was so much adaptation, reads, great reactions that as a competitive player it was highly entertaining.
I understand what I was watching, I understand what I watch when I watched the other NRS majors. I understand what I'm watching when I watch SF or GG, or even that dirty AF Sailor moon game (for the lulz). This was boring fam.

Scorpion at top-pro level has a lot of bad matches. And Cetrion if played right is one of them.
Some people are just bad at reaction to his teleport and thats the hate coming from and probably because a lot of people plays him, but a lot of people plays him in MK9 and MKX/XL, Scorpion is always going to be the most played character.
No one will make his teleport worst, cause it will be totally useless that way. You just needs to learn what to do against and improve your reaction.
As i said in the other topic, that Cetrion player showed best how you can handle his teleport. He punish Scorpion every time he teleported, every single time. Thats tell you the whole story how "imba" that teleport is.

No one cares how casual or low tier players cant handle things. What is important is how the matches are at top level. If they nerf teleport, casual/low/mid tier can handle him more easy, but at top-pro level it will suc** completely, so this move will be totally useless, you get that?

And Kung Lao players beat Geras, they beat Sonya, they beat Erron. Happen in Ceo, happen in here.

Hayatei won cause he was prepapre this time and was the BEST and do all the things he needs to do right, unlike in the CEO, where he lost to Kotal Khan, and then lost again, but you were no where near that threads to comment on the "tier" list and how "unbalance" this game is.
So far this is the most balanced MK game. There is a very little stuff to be balanced.
My view is KB some characters needs some, other needs to have less, and it should be just 1 KB for the whole set, not like that 1 of the same type otherwise you can have 3-4-5-6. FB should not work on combo and balance for some char, throws(less damage and more reaction time need), and this is all mechanics stuffs.
And then you have just 2-3 characters that needs to be balanced.
But i dont see a reason or expect they nerfing character, maybe only Sonya combo damage.
If they start nerfing/buffing almost all character, you will have a completely mess, just like they did in MKX/XL and there was big sh*** going on.

And btw if the game is boring to you, than just dont play it/ watch it. To me its the most interesting FG. And definitely better than MK9 and MKX/XL.
In this game you actually have to be good in a lot of stuffs, and a lot of stuffs matter and its so exciting, unlike MK10 where you that just matter is 50/50s rush down/pressure and that is it. Now your skills is shown. Your micro matter the most. Neutral/footsie, zoning(and how you deal with it), how smart you are, reads and so on.
Its just so much better thank MK 9 and MK 10.
I loved it so much.

Last edited:
^ What is going on with the format? You got to fix that before I'm going to read it.

OK after decoding it.

"Shark Teeth is a great player."
-I'm sure that he is good, but nonetheless I play against Scorpion so often that I can read them. I was able to call out most of the things he was going to do before he did them as I watched the match. The power level of that character has never been my complaint with him, it's the way that he plays, not Shark, but Scorpion. The character is so basic that there isn't room for imagination with him. They are all going to do about the same shit, it's just that the teleport has so many options off of it in Reborn that you are not going to outguess him every time and sometimes he will get the better of you. If you are on point with your punishes against Scorpion and you match the correct punishment to the option he chose and the spacing it leaves you at on block, you can beat him most of the time. It's even possible that Shark was limited by his character. Scorpion does one thing, he does it amazingly well but it's all that he does.

"Scorpion is always going to have problems with Cetrion, it's just a bad match up for him."
-Scorpion is actually a direct counter-pick to Cetrion. The commentary said this a couple times as well, so you don't have to take it from me. The fact that I main Cetrion is probably why I have so much experience against him. I fight that character like 8 out of 10 matches I play, and it's usually not my opponents main.

"You realize Tekken Master used like 5 character, not only Erron?"
-Yeah he used Erron, Sonya, and Geras from what I remember, and those are the characters I pretty much say are the problem with the game.

"Foxy made top 8 twice in a row."
-Yeah he's world-class. Imagine if he played a top 5 character. He might have won one by now?

"There were 3 Kung Lao in this tournament."
-And they all lost to Geras, Sonya, and Erron.

"Your beloved Scorpion placed last in top 8."
I am a Cetrion main, and my hate for Scorpion is pretty well documented. He took 8th here, and the other Grand Finale was a Scorpion Mirror.

"There is nothing wrong with Scorpion, if you can`t handle it, the problem is in you"
There is a lot wrong with Scorpion. I handle it all the time. Pretty much my entire damn MK11 experience is handling Scorpion. I'll even make a hot take. I think he's bad. He is supposedly a counter to Cet, but I watch Cet beat Scorpion in these majors all the time, and I beat him too. His move set is extremely limiting and forces him into predictability. He's in an odd place where he is broken as fuck and still sucks. How ya like them apples?

"But i just realize you are a pure crybaby just by this statement: This tournament was boring to watch."
More mirror matches in this Top 8 than any other top 8, mirror match grande finale. Dragon, Tweedy, Sonic Fox, etc. Not participating. Predictable Top tiers running the top 8. O BOY that hype... Also love the hour long Scud Shot standoffs. That shit was so damn exciting.

Did we watch the same event?
So scorpion is both "broken" but also "sucks" and "is bad"? Dude your anti scorpion teleport thread was already full of cringe wothy posts but this one has to take the cake...

Games are not balanced properly because of players like him, just because they cant find a way to counter/deal with one move/character/s, their starting to cry all over the place and wanting nerfs/buffs and when you have so much crying from different places about different stuffs its get really hard to please everyone and to make the game balance at all.
Just watch this match and you will realize how to deal with Scorpion teleport:

So scorpion is both "broken" but also "sucks" and "is bad"? Dude your anti scorpion teleport thread was already full of cringe wothy posts but this one has to take the cake...
Yeah that guy is funny to read, basically says hes a better player then sharkteeth, wants scorpion nerfed because his teleport gives him too many options, then says scorpions move set is very limited. Also says he mains cetrion (scorpions biggest counterpick supposebly) and think scorpion sucks because he beats scorpions all the time online. lmfao comedygold