What's new

Viennality 2019 MK11 Stream!

Europe's Premier MK11 Pro Tour event, Viennality is going down this weekend. The stream is live right now, go check out who is gunning for tomorrow's Top 8.

live stream

brackets

First match was Liu Kang vs Shao Khan. Of course Shao Khan get his a*** kicked and switched to Liu Kang and equalize the game.
Liu Kang imba. I expect to see more and more PRO using him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Add jacqui's dash punch or sub zeros/EB's slide to that list too. There are many moves that cant be reacted to (especially online) but that is why they are usually unsafe (block scorpions tp or subs/EB slide > full combo, neutral duck jacqui's dp > full combo). Not every move should be reactable, reads are a major part of fighting games. But unreactable moves are balanced by being risky and requiring a read by both the attacker and defender.
I don't thnk Scorp's tele is OP, but I also think you guys should be honest that getting hit with Jacqui's DP and getting hit with Scorpion's tele are worlds apart in terms of what it leads to.

Imo they're really nothing alike. If Scorp's tele just did 100-something damage and gave him a knockdown, or if he could only combo off it from a KB, nobody would be complaining.

I don't thnk Scorp's tele is OP, but I also think you guys should be honest that getting hit with Jacqui's DP and getting hit with Scorpion's tele are worlds apart in terms of what it leads to.

Imo they're really nothing alike. If Scorp's tele just did 100-something damage and gave him a knockdown, or if he could only combo off it from a KB, nobody would be complaining.
Except with jacqui's dp it is faster, you have to NEUTRAL duck it to punish, it is safe on block, it gets her in, etc. AND it has a high damage crushing blow. Scorpion's 1 bar bnb from a hit amp teleport does like low to mid 20's percent wise depending on ender but it is full combo punishable on block. I dont think they are as far off as you think. Different, yes, but both are extremely strong tools given the rest of the corresponding character's moveset.

Except with jacqui's dp it is faster, you have to NEUTRAL duck it to punish
You can also just space her out or low profile it and if it whiffs she dies. The KB only happens from a certain very specific distance.

Scorpion gets his damage no matter how far he is from you when he starts the tele, and he doesn’t need a one-time KB to get it, either.

This is really, really a stretch. Swap Scorpion’s tele for Jacqui’s DP and I guarantee you won’t see any of these threads complaining about Scorpion ever again :)

Last edited: