What's new

Question - Takeda Video: Unable to Land Long Range Kunai

Bhagwad

Noob
Yesterday I got some advice to practice my long range kunai against opponents who zone me at full screen.

The problem is that I'm pressing the buttons as fast as I possibly can, but still can't get it out...

Here's a 13 second video of me trying: You can see the button inputs on the left hand side...

Do you have any tips to make it land?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
That's what I'm doing. Check the video.

You can see the button inputs on the left hand side. After each kunai, I'm pressing forward as fast as I can. But it's not coming out.
If you read the small names and inputs in the special attacks list in the menu, those inputs have their own meaning. Others to hold, others to press after a certain time, and others to press after you hold the inputs (such as the Run Cancel).

In the case of the kunai, you need to HOLD the Forward button AFTER you press the inputs.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It works! Holding (not pressing) forward/back makes it a long/short range kunai.

Is this a known bug? The documentation doesn't specifically tell the user to hold the button...

http://i.imgur.com/G7T33cP.jpg
It's not a bug. It's intended to tell you how to control your kunai there. Train with the kunai distance to help you get used with it. It's the same with Displacer Raiden's teleports, Takeda's air spinning kick, etc. A selected few of the characters do have such options.