What's new

Video showcasing "Mercy" in action

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
rejoice!!! now the question is, what purpose does it serve... if any?

• is it a prerequisite to a new type of finisher we haven't seen yet, like animality, etc.
  • is it a prerequisite for perhaps specific brutalities? Maybe ultra-difficult brutalities that require a mercy be done first? Make them super hard to do but very rewarding for the person who pulls it off.
  • are they really there just to troll/embarass your opponent? You beat them, you Mercy, then beat them again and do a fatality. If nothing else, it coudl give you a 2nd shot to get a specific brutality on them if you accidentally killed them before getting off the brutal you were trying to do. Give yourself a 2nd chance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'd like Friendship to be back but only if it's like Fatality in that you don't have stupid restrictions, you can just choose to be nice to someone.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I understand that. I was explaining it to those who have a problem with it at the moment.

It might be a bit confusing if you only just discovered this thread now, but before it was believed that Mercy was literally "don't do anything and wait for them to fall down", only later was it discovered that it's An Actual Mechanic. Unfortunately, the new OP doesn't really give any context for the original group of replies. In any case, the lack of an apparent Actual Mercy is what caused all those disgruntled replies. I think most people are happy with the real thing as it's been discovered?

E

Eldriken

It might be a bit confusing if you only just discovered this thread now, but before it was believed that Mercy was literally "don't do anything and wait for them to fall down", only later was it discovered that it's An Actual Mechanic. Unfortunately, the new OP doesn't really give any context for the original group of replies. In any case, the lack of an apparent Actual Mercy is what caused all those disgruntled replies. I think most people are happy with the real thing as it's been discovered?
What more context can I give outside of explaining we were given misinformation prior to the update and it's since been fixed? >.>

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
What more context can I give outside of explaining we were given misinformation prior to the update and it's since been fixed? >.>
Didn't mean to point fingers at nobody, just noting that there was an unfortunate misunderstanding and trying to clarify.