What's new

Video/Tutorial Video: Cyborg techno tackle glitch

I was testing out some rocket oki setups and I discovered that techno tackle will "trade" with his own target acquired missiles. Cyborg does not actually receive damage, but he gets knocked down (techable) as if the move traded. Techno tackle normally does 2% damage with the first hit and 7% with the second hit, but if this trade occurs then the opponent will receive 2% from the trow and only 5% from the missiles, netting a total of 7% that can't be meter burned versus 9% and potentially 16% on MB.

This is pretty disappointing, as it's one of the best ways to make techno tackle a real threat. It will whiff on crouching opponents so the only way to hit with it is to force them to stand block.

Does anyone know how else to make this move useful? It punishes most of deathstroke's stuff from outside of f.2 range, but that's about all I've found.

video demonstration:

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
It kind of makes sense, the same thing happens when Lex tries to throw someone into one of his traps. I'll mess with this though

RYX

BIG PUSHER
well they're stuck in block-stun when the missiles hit, can't you techno tackle immediately after?

RYX, no, it's a throw so it whiffs if they're in blockstun, which puts you in a tremendously bad situation as you're point blank with 50 frames of recovery. You have to land the throw before the missiles hit.

edit: err, I guess you mean wait to tackle after the blockstun, which would work of course, but there's really no mixup there, they can jump out for free.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX, no, it's a throw so it whiffs if they're in blockstun, which puts you in a tremendously bad situation as you're point blank with 50 frames of recovery. You have to land the throw before the missiles hit.
Maybe you can tick that shit. Hit them right as they come out of block-stun.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
The same thing happened in MK9 when Cyrax tried to throw someone standing on a bomb as it was detonating...maybe this is intended as NRS wanted it?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
mononaut you should probably add this news to the glitch thread for easy NRS viewing of it. That should be patched out IMO. No one should trade with themself.

DARKazen

Noob
This is definitely intended and won't be patched out. The reason it happens is because something is hitting them during the throw, not because you're "trading" with your missiles. It's just a safe-guard put in to prevent game freezing glitches from this kind of interaction.