What's new

Question - Raiden Vicinity Blast uses? Anyone?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Has anyone found a use for vicinity blast yet? So far it looks like a decent anti-air or anti-teleport punch move. Your thoughts brethren?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Has anyone found a use for vicinity blast yet? So far it looks like a decent anti-air or anti-teleport punch move. Your thoughts brethren?
Half decent wake-up option when you're getting rushed down but don't wanna risk the teleport bait because of awkward n.j. Hitboxes?

Just an idea, idk

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Half decent wake-up option when you're getting rushed down but don't wanna risk the teleport bait because of awkward n.j. Hitboxes?

Just an idea, idk
Will definitely take that into consideration. Thought I saw Tony T try to use it against Tyrant's rushdown and it didn't even hit him. Just kind of whiffed point blank lol.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Will definitely take that into consideration. Thought I saw Tony T try to use it against Tyrant's rushdown and it didn't even hit him. Just kind of whiffed point blank lol.
Didn't see that match, maybe it's a decent combo ender? It might provide a unique knockdown situation that allows for some dirty set-ups.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Didn't see that match, maybe it's a decent combo ender? It might provide a unique knockdown situation that allows for some dirty set-ups.
My totally clueless guess would be that it's a good anti-air and can be ex'd for a hit of armor to extend to a combo similar to ex-shocker from mk9. His current shocker seems to be ground based. It doesn't seem to have that upward angle anymore.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
My totally clueless guess would be that it's a good anti-air and can be ex'd for a hit of armor to extend to a combo similar to ex-shocker from mk9. His current shocker seems to be ground based. It doesn't seem to have that upward angle anymore.
seems like every wake up option needs some form of meter otherwise you're screwed

Shit, even some metered specials can get blown up. Can't think of which ones at the moment though.
You want invicibility frames: tech roll into back dash.
OR tech roll(if opponent chasing you down while doing it) and mb wakeup or delay the wakeup the bait the pressure and punish with mb wakeup... just some ideas read tom brady's guide:D

nugava

Noob
EX db2 seems a pretty good anti air. According to Aris, it's like an option select. If you do EX db2 and your opponent crosses you up, the move becomes EX df2. Boom: Combo starter. He said Raiden is the king of Armor: EX db2, EXdf2, EX db3, EX teleport.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
The non ex version is the best antiair for goro's telestomp.. and the ex db2 is pretty good also for jump kick to teleport! Has 180 degree angle! Love it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Timing is strict, but you can follow up ex-vicinity blast with a f12b2-superman for a little extra damage.

coolwhip

Noob
I'm no Raiden main but ex vicinity blast is a great anti air, especially from distances where you're not sure if your opponent will cross up or not since it option selects with shocker.

against kenshis from the top teleport- hold it and zap his ass

against mileenas teleport- hold it and zap that hoe

against any scrubs that dont know random crossup jumps are dangerous in this game- zap that bitch

im gonna test it on goros teleport, it seems that any vertical tele gets zapped and its the funnest thing ever

in the corner, land a neutral punch and instantly EX it and d1 just in time to do a df2 (if you want MB it for more)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm no Raiden main but ex vicinity blast is a great anti air, especially from distances where you're not sure if your opponent will cross up or not since it option selects with shocker.
Only problem is that ex shocker isn't good for jump ins that are close, especially for crossovers. Or at least sometimes. If you watched my match with Fill Pops today you'll see the nonsense that is ex-shocker completely whiffing because my body went through him and he somehow lands behind me for a full whiff punish. Happened twice.

Ex-shocker has a more horizontal shape than it did in mk9.