What's new

Vibu Wins MKATX Season 2 Finals

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Square One HQ
Austin, Tx
05/22/2016

The culmination of 8 weeks of tournaments came to an end. The story of season 2 was that of ATP's dominance with Alien. The question leading up to our Finals was if ATP would dominate once more, or if the other top 8 could defeat him for the first time this season. It was a large chip to bear but Austin's last chance warriors came ready.

1. Vibu (Shaolin Kung Jin)
2. ATP (Acidic/Tarkatan Alien)
3. RyuuJin882 (Ronin Takeda)
4. Dust (Lasher Takeda, Piercing Mileena)
5. Izzzzymode (Shaolin Kung Jin)
5. Brytor (Goro, Sektor)
6. JD (WG Kotal)
6. BlitzTheWolf (KL, Alien, EB)

Brytor, known as a Sektor main, surprised everyone with his Goro pick. He actually played more TF/DF Goro in tournament than Sektor! Dust also performed well with the underused Lasher Takeda. He nearly defeated ATP on the Winners side and proved there was more to his season ranking than consistently showing up. In Winners Finals Vibu still seemed unprepared for ATP and lost the set with a heartbreaking 0-3. Austin seemed doomed to once again bow down to The Alien that controlled ATP. In Losers Finals the last of Austin's heroes fought to earn the right at a shot at ATP in Grand Finals. It was Vibu vs my own Ronin Takeda. It seemed Vibu would snuff me 3-0, but I managed to steal game 3 before Vibu closed the curtains on me.

Grand Finals ATP (W) vs Vibu (L)
The runback of runbacks. ATP's Alien was undefeated this season. But Vibu made all the right adjustments, plus all the right reads. It seemed The Alien's power was draining from ATP with each lost round. But with Vibu up 2-0, ATP started mounting a comeback. Was ATP entering his Final Form? Either way, Vibu did reset the bracket with a close 3-2. The room sighed with relief but Vibu's game was just beginning. Like a true hero he finished off ATP 3-0, and can now call him self Champion of Mortal Kombat.

Next Time...
We are currently debating how to proceed with another season, since EVO is right around the corner. The one certainty is that SQ1 Vibu will be at Combo Breaker next Weekend. Look out Kombatants!

Bracket
http://challonge.com/Mkatxs2finals
Archive

@DaZengie
@Freak_Shadow_616
@JerzeyReign
@SUNB Perm
@Lovein60FPS
@ATP2014
@Dust
@Anonymiz
@RM Cossner