What's new

Viability of Karin's EX Specials

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Some fact, some of this my opinion/recommendation.
Agree/Disagree, I got an open door policy...
CFN: MissKanzuki

Now then, as for her EX specials, you can do:

Ex Sappo: is her command dash which if timed correctly can avoid heavy offensive attacks like Rashid's floor-to-ceiling tornado for example.
Video example:

EX Ressenha: Is best used at the end of the combo if you are in the corner, but can be used immediately after a blocked orochi if your opponent tends to push buttons immediately after blocking due to it being armored and only having 5f of startup.

EX Tenko: Is good for setting up the reset into her BnB (cr.MP, st.MP, tenko, light mujinkyaku-5hits) which does about the same damage as the CA and gets the opponent near stun state. (They will stun if you end the BnB with EX Ressenha)

Video example:

EX Orochi: (in my opinion) You're better off not using, and would be better off using the meter for the other two. Regular Orochi has faster start up and you can actually EX Ressenha afterward if it is blocked because it has 5f of startup. It keeps smart opponents from attacking immediately afterwards if they block it and you have meter and fearing they may get hit with that DP.
HOWEVER, you *can* reset off this and the execution is much easier, but smart players will see it coming and makes this reset set up much weaker. You're better off to just put the dojo time in and work on executing the reset off of EX Tenko.
Video example:

EX Mujinkyaku: Is only (again, in my opinion) good for damage only and if I got the life lead and meter to blow lol

Agree with just about everything. EX Orochi into s.HP, seppo, BnB will only work against people who aren't familiar with that setup.

Comboing into EX orochi to get a crumble and then using V trigger into Guren Hosho ~ Super costs a lot more than just doing a combo into tenko, light mujinkyaku ~ super.

I hardly ever use EX Orochi. I'll do it like once a match as a combo ender to see how my opponent deals with the following setup.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Yea on reaction both Orochi will beat out projectiles (11f,12f startup respectively) so if I read that my opponent will do a projectile, I may take the one bar risk and *slightly* slower EX version to set up the reset.