What's new

Tech Very useful thing that you likely don't know

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I thought this would've been common knowledge among Smoke players, but I remember seeing Aris on the Dev stream and he didn't use this, when it could've won him the round.

Yeah, really simple but if you didn't know; Air Throw is unbreakable. So if they get their second bar, don't jump kick first, just air throw.

Sasuga

Noob
Yes, throws are generally unbreakable. I say generally because sometimes I still see a throw being broken. :confused:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yes, throws are generally unbreakable. I say generally because sometimes I still see a throw being broken. :confused:
You will only see grounded throws broken. The air throws can't be interrupted no matter what the circumstances are.

Anyway, I too have known about this bit with Smoke's gameplay, since I main him myself and all.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
second smoke bomb in a combo is also unbreakerable damage, be it very small amounts of damage. Cant say that this will ever be useful, let alone "very useful" but info is info yada yada yada..

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I thought this would've been common knowledge among Smoke players, but I remember seeing Aris on the Dev stream and he didn't use this, when it could've won him the round.

Yeah, really simple but if you didn't know; Air Throw is unbreakable. So if they get their second bar, don't jump kick first, just air throw.
I've seen him do stuff like this before and I think it's on purpose to get them to blow their breaker. Then, if he still wins the round, he starts with big meter advantage.

I didn't realize that anyone was unaware airthrow is unbreakable...

It's more habitual than anything than to just jk xx airthrow.

I don't always naked airthrow, but when I do,
I got the input bug.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I've seen him do stuff like this before and I think it's on purpose to get them to blow their breaker. Then, if he still wins the round, he starts with big meter advantage.

I didn't realize that anyone was unaware airthrow is unbreakable...
Yeah, but he went on to lose the round and the match T_T and if I remember correctly, he had already won a match. If he hadn't, then a very good player like REO wouldn't be dumb enough to waste his breaker at the end of a round like that.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yeah, but he went on to lose the round and the match T_T and if I remember correctly, he had already won a match. If he hadn't, then a very good player like REO wouldn't be dumb enough to waste his breaker at the end of a round like that.
Yea, it's risky but it's a big pay off.

And if the player wants to save their breaker and doesn't use it then it doesn't matter whether you use the jk or not

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Yea, it's risky but it's a big pay off.

And if the player wants to save their breaker and doesn't use it then it doesn't matter whether you use the jk or not
When you're a few hits away from losing the match, and you're in a combo, your only option is to break (or just hope that they drop their combo, but that's unlikely)

Ummm.... i think that letting them fall to the ground does same damage.... but u get wakep pressure on them