What's new

Guide - Tarkatan Vertical, Not Horizontal: The Complete Guide to Slicing & Dicing with The New Tarkatan

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
You just admitted to not playing the character.. I think that just invalidates your opinion. One requires meter, the other does not. Can not make it any more simple
You're saying the guy who wrote the guide doesn't play the character? Like what kind of ignorance is that.

Also to correct you, he said he hasn't played Alien lately.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You're saying the guy who wrote the guide doesn't play the character? Like what kind of ignorance is that.

Also to correct you, he said he hasn't played Alien lately.
He doesnt play him thats the point. Im just trying to let you guys know you have the character with the best aa in the game. Most peiple dont know this. Hope you take advantage of it. Do i need to bring in a "top" player to vouche?

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
He doesnt play him thats the point. Im just trying to let you guys know you have the character with the best aa in the game. Most peiple dont know this. Hope you take advantage of it. Do i need to bring in a "top" player to vouche?
Nah, my Alien is kinda taking a back seat for CSZ as of now, I tuned up some of the descriptions on here, but I don't have a huge amount to add as it stands. At least the guide is in a pretty good state for anyone who might be needing a guide, I'll add more stuff as more comes to light I guess but there isn't a huge amount to add. I think I'm gonna tune some combos up the NjP one isn't practical at the moment, and ill add that the B1 214 route is much easier for anyone looking for the best alternative at -1%. I'll get to that later today hopefully
"Taking a back seat" does not mean not play. You can't be that dense.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
"Taking a back seat" does not mean not play. You can't be that dense.
aré you that dumb that you really dont get the point im trying to make. I dont care if he dropped him or is still 100% maining. Im just trying to bring to light a tool that is barely mentioned and used that complétely changes the character.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You just admitted to not playing the character.. I think that just invalidates your opinion. One requires meter, the other does not. Can not make it any more simple
So now I don't play the character, because I picked up Cyber Sub 2 days ago?

I mean the logic you are using here that this "invalidates my opinion" literally invalidates your own opinion as well, so maybe you should think about that

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Youre using it wrong then be cause u3 is a ridiculously amazing crossup aa
Lmao wat. If u are talking about u3 in acidic then yes its godlike. Regular u3 is good but not the best. It has a weird hitbox, it whiffs on certain females, and if they are crossing over you it will take it u some time to hit u3 which usually gets you jump punched or kicked out of it lol. Cyclone also has armor. Shit jax and mileenas down 2 have dumber hitboxes then u3

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

aré you that dumb that you really dont get the point im trying to make. I dont care if he dropped him or is still 100% maining. Im just trying to bring to light a tool that is barely mentioned and used that complétely changes the character.
Dude lmao are u serious? Everyone has been fapping over Alien u3 since he came out. You know why nobody is making a huge deal out of it? CAUSE IF ITS NOT ACIDIC ITS NOT THAT AMAZING THE WAY U ARE MAKING IT SEEM. Kano upball, mileena roll, kenshi rising karma, jax u2, mileena u2, mileena air sai, jax up rocket, KITANA FANS. bruh im not saying you are wrong, but there are plenty of better anti airs than regular u3 from alien

EDIT: I MEANT D2 FOR JAX N MILEENA

Last edited:

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Dude lmao are u serious? Everyone has been fapping over Alien u3 since he came out. You know why nobody is making a huge deal out of it? CAUSE IF ITS NOT ACIDIC ITS NOT THAT AMAZING THE WAY U ARE MAKING IT SEEM. Kano upball, mileena roll, kenshi rising karma, jax u2, mileena u2, mileena air sai, jax up rocket, KITANA FANS. bruh im not saying you are wrong, but there are plenty of better anti airs than regular u3 from alien
d2*

Gilbagz

Joker here~
@I GOT HANDS
Was labbing some rough Alien Rekka Frame Data
Perfectly Delayed Rekkas are -6 at worst
Jailing Second Rekka is -7 to -8
Jailing Second Rekka into delayed 3rd Rekka is +1/2~
Fully Delayed Rekkas feels upwards of +7~

Did most of this by feel and using reversals and did jump tests and judged based on height

More accurate results need video recording hardware which I don't have :(

Last edited:

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Did the patch really hurt tarkatan that bad? just made rekkas normal and not broken being completely safe and gapless. the Meter building nerf does suck though

I GOT HANDS

Did the patch really hurt tarkatan that bad? just made rekkas normal and not broken being completely safe and gapless. the Meter building nerf does suck though
Well, the Rekka is pretty much trash now, the character as a whole is still fine but I think this variation is kinda done, pointless choice over the other two

x TeeJay o

Lol bunch of dumbass sheep crying about rekkas when they had absolutely no idea how they worked..
Nrs is a joke for listening to them..
It hasn't been 24 hours and you are already claiming it useless. Your'e worse than the sheep you are mentioning.. u realize he has access to an armored launcher in tarkatan that nets him, 36%. When they have 1 or no bar, hell even 2, the rekka forces a mindgame of if they want to armor or not. oh and it still does up to 32% with grab ender and in case you haven't noticed, his B3 into rekkas still work on hit. grants you 32% MIDSCREEN for free. i actually think this is the way they intended for them to work. no character should have safe jailing 60% bar building half screen normal combo starting shenanigans. hes awful though fuck it...

I GOT HANDS

It hasn't been 24 hours and you are already claiming it useless. Your'e worse than the sheep you are mentioning.. u realize he has access to an armored launcher in tarkatan that nets him, 36%. When they have 1 or no bar, hell even 2, the rekka forces a mindgame of if they want to armor or not. oh and it still does up to 32% with grab ender and in case you haven't noticed, his B3 into rekkas still work on hit. grants you 32% MIDSCREEN for free. i actually think this is the way they intended for them to work. no character should have safe jailing 60% bar building half screen normal combo starting shenanigans. hes awful though fuck it...
The armored launcher unique for Tarkatan nets him 30-31%, the same as the universal armored launcher

The rekka is no mindgame, its literally option selectable and will be punished EVERY SINGLE TIME against someone who has labbed it.

The Rekka is useless outside of being a low damage 15f advancing mid opener, there isn't really two ways about it

x TeeJay o

The armored launcher unique for Tarkatan nets him 30-31%, the same as the universal armored launcher

The rekka is no mindgame, its literally option selectable and will be punished EVERY SINGLE TIME against someone who has labbed it.

The Rekka is useless outside of being a low damage 15f advancing mid opener, there isn't really two ways about it
i just got 36 off of kanes son into ex blade spin midscreen. i mean on block sure the rekkas aren't anything special IF they armor you but who will armor you ALL game long? you will run out of armor at some point. If they were gonna do all this they should have kept the meter building the same. It's not a mind game in a sense of how it used to be, but it's more of if they want to armor or not due to in game situations and honestly you should not use the rekkas all game like the used to be used. The ex blade spin offers more midscreen possibilities than ex tail flip tho. All im saying is the same way everyone said don't trip over the safe jailing, the same could be said about these changes. I honestly think he's fine still in all 3 variations.

EDIT:BTW You can make the last part of the rekka plus still with a delay. You can do the fast rekka at the start to throw off the OS timing because it has no gaps and then delay for plus frames. If they press a button too early or late they get caught in the rekka combo. I mean this is OBVIOUSLY nowhere near as good, but lets give it a few days maybe and see if we can find tech.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

i just got 36 off of kanes son into ex blade spin midscreen.
But thats not 36% off the blade spin, which is what you said, pretty big difference there

i mean on block sure the rekkas aren't anything special IF they armor you but who will armor you ALL game long? you will run out of armor at some point.
you will run out of HP quickly before your opponent runs out of meter lol. if your point is "only ever use the Rekka when your opponent has no armor" then yes you would be correct, and that's why this variation is now borderline useless

x TeeJay o

But thats not 36% off the blade spin, which is what you said, pretty big difference there

you will run out of HP quickly before your opponent runs out of meter lol. if your point is "only ever use the Rekka when your opponent has no armor" then yes you would be correct, and that's why this variation is now borderline useless
not really if u get 1st hit you have the advantage. you 2 bars, them 1 thats free rekka pressure if they dont armor. and yeah i know i meant 36 off of ex spin period

I GOT HANDS

not really if u get 1st hit you have the advantage. you 2 bars, them 1 thats free rekka pressure if they dont armor. and yeah i know i meant 36 off of ex spin period
So why would your opponent not armor the gaps if it's guaranteed tho :/ and what if you don't get first hit, it's not like Alien is particularly good at getting it

x TeeJay o

So why would your opponent not armor the gaps if it's guaranteed tho :/ and what if you don't get first hit, it's not like Alien is particularly good at getting it
cause they could just block and full combo punish instead of wasting a bar ? lol also unrelated RIP CYBER SUB holy shit man u weren't kidding... i just used him.. wtf

I GOT HANDS

cause they could just block and full combo punish instead of wasting a bar ? lol also unrelated RIP CYBER SUB holy shit man u weren't kidding... i just used him.. wtf
if they can block and full combo punish then isn't that why Rekka is bad?

And yeah, there is no comparison, however bad Tarkatan got it, CSZ got it 10x worse

Seriously, his nerf makes the Tanya nerfs before look light handed. He is the worst character in the game now, which is disappointing

x TeeJay o

if they can block and full combo punish then isn't that why Rekka is bad?

And yeah, there is no comparison, however bad Tarkatan got it, CSZ got it 10x worse

Seriously, his nerf makes the Tanya nerfs before look light handed. He is the worst character in the game now, which is disappointing
yeah thinking about it more deeply, there's no reason to use the rekkas on block outside of the mix up and they both do nothing anyway lol. rip csz tho smfh