What's new

Version 1.03 out now on PS4 (FULL PATCH NOTES NOW AVAILABLE)

UPDATE: Full patch notes out.

Version 1.03 is out on PS4.
300-400MBs.
Patch(es) for Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch "coming soon"

Changes:
  • General Gameplay Adjustments:
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
    • Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
    • Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
    • Move list and frame data corrections
    • Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
    • Tweaks to online match-making
    • AI adjustments
    • Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
    • Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
    • Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
    • Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
    • Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
    • Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
    • Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
    • Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
    • Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
    • Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
    • Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
  • Towers of Time Adjustments:
    • Adjusted AI difficulty curve
    • Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
    • Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
    • Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
    • Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
    • Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
    • Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
    • Increased post fight Koin rewards
    • Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
    • Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
    • Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
    • Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
    • Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
    • Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
    • Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
    • Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
    • Improved targeting for several Konsumables
    • Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
    • Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
    • Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
    • Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
  • Developer Notes:
    • Later this afternoon the Community Gift will be distributed via update for PS4 players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox, PC, and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!
    • On other platforms:
OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES LINK:

Thank you to @Eldriken, @BadMoodBarry, @M.D., @Samsara, and @HeavyNorse for updates.

Last edited:

Comments

E
I wish they patched the stupid tower requirements. Why do I need to do 50 grabs 50 D2s etc. ONLY in towers? SMH
While I hate it myself, thankfully you can do this in Klassic Towers and set the difficulty to very easy. It makes it take a lot less time and is way less frustrating than trying Towers of Time.

I have to get like 35~ more Fatalities and Brutalities for Skarlet's character tower.

While I hate it myself, thankfully you can do this in Klassic Towers and set the difficulty to very easy. It makes it take a lot less time and is way less frustrating than trying Towers of Time.

I have to get like 35~ more Fatalities and Brutalities for Skarlet's character tower.
It’s still a ridiculous requirement. At lease it made sense in Injustice 2, since you put all that work in and got a nice piece of legendary gear. In this game, after spending a couple hundred thousand coins, and a few hundred soul fragments, who knows what else, in addition to winning 150 matches with a single character, you just get what... altogether, a skin or two, a Brutality, and some gear pieces? All the same things you find elsewhere with significantly less effort. And that’s only the first two stages.

Meanwhile I can spend 30 mins in one of those rotating timed towers, and get a skin, gear pieces, and a Brutality.

The grind is just not proportional to the payout.

Just wait 'til you get to Krushing Blows. Level 4 (I think) towers require 100 KB's and 25,000 pints of blood spilled. Then the next level requires 150 KB's, at least 50 Flawless Victories, etc.

Worst part is as I stated earlier that Shao Kahn's KB's are bugged so only two actually count and they both require the AI to do something specific before you trigger them. Here's hoping Skarlet's aren't bugged.

Just wait 'til you get to Krushing Blows. Level 4 (I think) towers require 100 KB's and 25,000 pints of blood spilled. Then the next level requires 150 KB's, at least 50 Flawless Victories, etc.

Worst part is as I stated earlier that Shao Kahn's KB's are bugged so only two actually count and they both require the AI to do something specific before you trigger them. Here's hoping Skarlet's aren't bugged.
That’s just plain ridiculous. What is the reward for those?

I don't know if anyone has made it to gauntlet stage 12 yet but there's a tower there that's just disproportionately hard. It's a sub zero boss, with plenty of increased health. He gets armor dropped onto the stage. Meanwhile you are being permanently frozen, kind of like imagine standing in that captain cold level 2 ice sphere, except it's the whole stage. It's unblockable, completely disrupting combos, nothing you can do about it, you just get frozen. Meanwhile, you get damaged by hail falling onto the stage as well, unblockable also; if you're frozen get ready to eat 20% from just the hail. The worst part is that you can only select scorpion for this fight. This to me is completely crazy, since not only do you have absolutely insane modifiers to deal with, you are suddenly forced to learn a character you might otherwise give zero efs about too, just to progress the gauntlet. Also, if someone does beat this tower, don't F up your fatality, because that's a requirement for the next fight.
The patch was good to address some of the issues in the earlier stages but I don't think I'll make it past this boss, not because me or the AI couldn't eventually beat it, but because the gauntlet simply isn't worth it; I'm on stage 12 and only seen 1-2 skarlet rewards up to this stage. Devs definitely didn't have fun in mind when they designed this particular fight.

It's so disappointing with what NRS and WB are doing. Releasing a patch on one platform only, with the rest "coming soon"?? Seriously? We all know their "soon".
PC players still don't have a single patch, except for one that did basically nothing and had completely wrong patch notes. Can they be more incompetent than this?

Can any of the PS4 users check something? Some ppl on discord are saying they lowered the severed head requirement from 50 to 25 fatalities. No idea how to check this though. But it would be really great if they did.

Wait till you get to the 50 flawless rounds one...

It's so disappointing with what NRS and WB are doing. Releasing a patch on one platform only, with the rest "coming soon"?? Seriously? We all know their "soon".
PC players still don't have a single patch, except for one that did basically nothing and had completely wrong patch notes. Can they be more incompetent than this?
If you played Mortal Kombat X on PC at launch, you wouldn't be saying the bolded part. I'd rather wait a few more days for them to properly test and incorporate the patch(es) than have them rush and create truly game breaking issues.