What's new

Version 1.03 out now on PS4 (FULL PATCH NOTES NOW AVAILABLE)

UPDATE: Full patch notes out.

Version 1.03 is out on PS4.
300-400MBs.
Patch(es) for Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch "coming soon"

Changes:
  • General Gameplay Adjustments:
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
    • Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
    • Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
    • Move list and frame data corrections
    • Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
    • Tweaks to online match-making
    • AI adjustments
    • Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
    • Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
    • Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
    • Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
    • Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
    • Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
    • Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
    • Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
    • Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
    • Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
    • Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
  • Towers of Time Adjustments:
    • Adjusted AI difficulty curve
    • Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
    • Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
    • Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
    • Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
    • Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
    • Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
    • Increased post fight Koin rewards
    • Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
    • Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
    • Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
    • Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
    • Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
    • Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
    • Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
    • Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
    • Improved targeting for several Konsumables
    • Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
    • Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
    • Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
    • Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
  • Developer Notes:
    • Later this afternoon the Community Gift will be distributed via update for PS4 players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox, PC, and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!
    • On other platforms:
OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES LINK:

Thank you to @Eldriken, @BadMoodBarry, @M.D., @Samsara, and @HeavyNorse for updates.

Last edited:

Comments

Okay, I got it now.

"Thank you all for an amazing Mortal Kombat 11 launch! As we work on addressing some of our major concerns from the community, please accept this free gift to help you along the way. We take your feedback to heart and are always looking to improve our game. A patch is imminent, thank you for your patience."

Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
Now that I’ve already broken everything... lol of course.

Still annoyed about the soul fragments. Coin earnage seemed perfectly fine. I have every regular chest already opened, aside from the last Kytinn Hive area which I don’t have access to yet. Because I need 10,000 soul fragments... and I only have 5,700. Then of course there’s the bridge for 2,000. And every single cache for 100 each.

Why didn’t they adjust these as well?? Ugh :(

Still annoyed about the soul fragments. Coin earnage seemed perfectly fine. I have every regular chest already opened, aside from the last Kytinn Hive area which I don’t have access to yet. Because I need 10,000 soul fragments... and I only have 5,700. Then of course there’s the bridge for 2,000. And every single cache for 100 each.

Pretty sure it's talking about the pots and stuff. Those come back.

Is there a thread that breaks down currencies and their uses? I’m still labbing thru the characters but I’m bout to start experimenting w the krypt

Ok so i went to notification to try and claim the rewards and when i got there i also saw the daily log in bonus so i clicked on that first to get it but after it wouldnt let me get the other rewards it just keeps saying no notification and i dont have anyone else have this problem

Heh, I was breaking all of them in case that unlocks an Easter egg. Can't believe they respawn :confused:
When I first entered the Krypt, I swung the hammer at EVERYTHING just in case it could break and offer something, even if just for funzies. :p

Because people didn't complain about souls as much as koins/hearts, unfortunately. They also only gave us 1000 souls in the free gift (the equivalent of 100 games won) compared to 500 hearts (the equivalent of 250-500 games won before this patch). Souls are still going to be a huge grind. You need over 3000 wins (and only in towers? not sure) to have enough for everything. That will come naturally, but it will take weeks.

Where can I claim my "reward" of the 500k coins etc.?

It says the 'Player Tab,' where is that?

Edit: Never mind, I see it.

I'm so lost with this game.

I'm not retarded, just lost!

Thanks to the two above.

Another question. Call me O-C-D; but, I like my shit to be clean.

I just want to find the two tournament variations and set them as my "default."

Right now I've been playing as the native two variations per character.

I have no clue what is going on in this game.

I don't give a fuck about "Kustomization" either.

I want to play and unlock everything.

Also, with the Kronika voice announcer; can I get this without linking my mobile shit via someone's code? Thanks in advance.

Thanks to the two above.

Another question. Call me O-C-D; but, I like my shit to be clean.

I just want to find the two tournament variations and set them as my "default."

Right now I've been playing as the native two variations per character.

I have no clue what is going on in this game.

I don't give a fuck about "Kustomization" either.

I want to play and unlock everything.

Also, with the Kronika voice announcer; can I get this without linking my mobile shit via someone's code? Thanks in advance.
Go to Kustomization, pick the character you want, choose a variation, then scroll over to Abilities. Click Square and it will bring up presets. The ones with the Tournament Cup are the competitive variations. Choose one. Head out back to variation select, click Options, then I believe Square to rename. Rename it after the tournament variation you selected. Repeat this process for all variations.

This is how I converted my casual variations into the competitive ones.

Last edited: