What's new

Vent/Rant Thread

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Yeah, I’m starting it. If you eat some bad losses or just think Johnny sucks in general, post here. I’ll start.

Fuck. Sonya.
12f rings? REALLY? GOOD ONE, NRS! Yall think you’re real funny?!

Idc about the mixup, it’s a stubby high, but uh:
30% meterless
40% for one bar
50% in the corner

Oh, I’ll just keep her out. A good player doesn’t get put in the position to guess a mixu-

OH, NEVERMIND BECAUSE SHE’S THE BEST ZONER IN THE FUCKING GAME!!! TIME TO APPROACH!!! Life lead = gg.

And here’s a dude I just played who switched from Thin Ice Sub Zero after I 2-0’d him. Can’t stop laughing. Fucking tier whores, man. Can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

wrongblackkid

can't throw break
why is it that whenever i play against a certain character, they all play the same regardless of who i actually matched up with

all kitanas jump back with their bummy zoning as soon as the match starts and repeat the same low/overhead combo
all scorpions will teleport even more than they'll use b141 and f423 especially when they think you're gonna whiff punish
all geras' cancel into sand trap from any combo, on hit or block
all liu kangs will f43u4 like it's the safest combo known to man in any fg ever
all erron yeehaw blacks will slide or dropkick, making shadow kick johnny cage's best moves for that matchup cos that counters both

thank u for reading my poorly written vent

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Makes 50 reads and neutral plays, guesses right 20 times more than the opponent, gets 11-14% chunks each time.

Eats 6 KBs and a fatal blow and loses.

The guessometer must be shit off the scale to compete with this.

Since KB and FB are once per match, let us view a mk11 match as an injustice one.

Only one round, each player has 200% health.

Cage: d2 kb 35%, fb 35%. That leaves him to take 130% fair and square, footsies, throws, 12%chunks, and the eventual combo.

Subzero: 40% string kb. 30% d2 kb. 30% overhead kb. 35% fb. That leaves him to take 65% life fair and square.

Kabal: 30% d2 kb. 35% db4 kb. 35% b12d2 kb. 20% f224 kb. 30% saw kb. 35% fb

That leaves him 15% to take fair and square LOL.

See where I'm getting at?

We can do this exercise for any other char, but the fact is the lack of KB is making cage work a SHITLOAD harder to win in this meta.

Yeah, I’m starting it. If you eat some bad losses or just think Johnny sucks in general, post here. I’ll start.

Fuck. Sonya.
12f rings? REALLY? GOOD ONE, NRS! Yall think you’re real funny?!

Idc about the mixup, it’s a stubby high, but uh:
30% meterless
40% for one bar
50% in the corner

Oh, I’ll just keep her out. A good player doesn’t get put in the position to guess a mixu-

OH, NEVERMIND BECAUSE SHE’S THE BEST ZONER IN THE FUCKING GAME!!! TIME TO APPROACH!!! Life lead = gg.

And here’s a dude I just played who switched from Thin Ice Sub Zero after I 2-0’d him. Can’t stop laughing. Fucking tier whores, man. Can't make this shit up.

View attachment 14718View attachment 14719
Sonya is able to dish out over 400.00 damage in the corner with one bar. Is Geras even capable of that?

mook

Noob
NRS made some questionable ass balance decisions. Luckily it‘s balance stuff, which means it can be fixed pretty easily. Only question is if NRS will work on it in a timely manner or at all.

I also wonder why they‘re dragging ass on the DLC, weren’t MKX and IJ2 DLCs both shown or at least teased already? Are they not confident in it? Or is even Shang not close to ready yet? If the game was rushed then that would make sense.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
She.
Needs.
A.
Weakness.
Git over it.
Lrn to play footsies invalidate footsies with your godlk f2 and b2
She does have other weaknesses besides that.

-Poor reach on crouching pokes
-Has a DVorah-esque D2
-Practically no corner game
-Struggles against counter-zoners
-Her low starters, one of which leads to her meterless launcher, only work as whiff punishes

She's in a much better position than Johnny, but she's still got some issues (granted, hers are much easier to work around)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think the mb forceballs whiffing off of block strings for certain characters is complete bull shit. other than that I think he would be fine

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Make D'vorah viable ffs.
Give Frost buffs, make the core overcharge ability work for ALL HER MOVES not just 2 borderline useless strings.
And change back the circle game reference for Johnny's belt gear peace instead of the fucking middle finger that makes no sense. Since when is Mortal Kombat afraid of the medi-...what WB's? Oh nevermind, forget I said anything...

After learning most matchups, I think Johnny is super viable if NRS just fixes the hit box problems for his stuff that whiffs and lowers damage output from the higher tier characters. Nothing worse than outplaying your opponent the whole match and one touch takes 40% plus life away.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I hate that super slow start up on Fatal Blow tbh. You have to be fucking frame perfect to hit it in a juggle, it either whiffs or even worse - costs me sets