Triborg
  • Cyber Sub-Zero 4/6
  • Cyrax 5/5
  • Sektor 5/5*
  • Smoke 4/6*

Last edited:

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I don't play much DN even though I think its a dope variation (mainly because of your guide) but you can't outspace Mileena with that long ass staff? I was thinking that alone could keep b12 in check. Her zoning would probably cause fits but I'm just curious of why its 3-7 in Mileena's favor?

I don't play much DN even though I think its a dope variation (mainly because of your guide) but you can't outspace Mileena with that long ass staff? I was thinking that alone could keep b12 in check. Her zoning would probably cause fits but I'm just curious of why its 3-7 in Mileena's favor?
B2 is +1 on hit and -17ish and has horrible recovery and mileena rolls under it.
4-6 vs Bartitsu? What theee

What's your reasoning for that Vak? :)
I cant wakeup, get antiaired and get mopped by that d2

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hmm..nope.
So if you are going to say something really constructive like "Hmm... nope", maybe give a reason why.

Vak is easily one of the most knowledgeable people with this variation as he mains it and it is not a variation that you come across almost ever. Almost no one plays it apart from a few of us that are learning from Vak. It is hard to argue with him about this unless you have had extensive experience playing against the variation (which is doubtful).

Can you explain why you feel he is wrong?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Vak - Can you please explain why you feel Grandmaster may be 6-4 Tanya?

Is it because he has a more difficult time keeping control with clones due to tele/pogo?

EDIT:

Also Flamefist being favorable?

Is it because he has a more difficult time keeping control with clones due to tele/pogo?
Yes, you can easily shut down his full screen zoning with iceball and klone toss, while tanya does jump back teleport pogo. Also while he knocks her down and sets up clone in corner and either goes for oh/low or waits instant air pogo 3 beats his options, if he goes for oh u hit him, if he goes for low you hit him while she slides down the pogo, and if he waits pogo slide goes through the klone and touches him.

EDIT:

Also Flamefist being favorable?
Everytime he does windmill punch the regular one, instant pogo punishes it for full combo, so you take away his main tool, he has to committ to exing the windmillpunches, and i highly doubt that they will do that on block after a string.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So if you are going to say something really constructive like "Hmm... nope", maybe give a reason why.

Vak is easily one of the most knowledgeable people with this variation as he mains it and it is not a variation that you come across almost ever. Almost no one plays it apart from a few of us that are learning from Vak. It is hard to argue with him about this unless you have had extensive experience playing against the variation (which is doubtful).

Can you explain why you feel he is wrong?
Well, I am one of the few players that plays fisticuffs cage since day one and still do, which is also a variation that is rarely seen, so the situation is the same. I doubt he finds many fisticuffs out there.

First of all, there's absolutely no reason to consider the same matchup numbers for the three Cages, so I think he considers 4-6 A-List and Stunt double, and he said...ok, fisticuffs must be the same.
There is absolutely no matchup where fisticuffs can do equally or better than any of the other two variations.

With Tanya in particular (any variation) she has the possibility to armor through the speedbag gap, the only fisticuffs "pressure" tool.
And she can do it with a low, that leads to full combo. That, automatically, makes fisticuffs uncomfortable in the close up game. She also has a teleport in case Fisticuffs tries to zone her, and in this variation she has better range than him.