What's new

V3 Sheeva needs a buff

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
def not pointless bro ... her d3 is -4 on block and +15 on hit you can jail into various mixups if you land ... i have atleast a 1000 games in with her
d3 also frametraps on block into a lot of her special cancels. In v3, you can enforce a 50/50 on touch. In v2, d3~db2 is an amazingly good tool: if they block, amplify to reset neutral and break their pressure; if they don't block, amplify to build towards her KB, or let it rock and leave them standing and you +14.

So yeah, a d3 whiff can be risky, but the reward is worth it. Definitely an underrated button she has.

In v2, d3~db2 is an amazingly good tool: if they block, amplify to reset neutral and break their pressure
You cannot hit confirm that d3, you just go right into the DB2 spin. Which starts with a high. If they were going to poke back after blocking the d3, the poke hits you automatically, while low-profiling the shield. Let alone if you've done this before and they just let go of block to d2 you under it...

Even if they block, you have to amp the shield to remain safe. An amp that is an easy flawless block (with little punish for messing it up and getting hit by the very last hit - in fact, you're creating space for them).

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Im taking all the buffs i can get but i love her playstyle i dont care where people put her on the tier list
What is the song in this video? I like some of the comebacks. The walk back into overhead KB is absolutely fantastic comprehension of spacing and reads.

I've never tried variation 3, but maybe I should....it gives me Cheetah vibes.

Last edited:

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
You cannot hit confirm that d3, you just go right into the DB2 spin. Which starts with a high. If they were going to poke back after blocking the d3, the poke hits you automatically, while low-profiling the shield. Let alone if you've done this before and they just let go of block to d2 you under it...

Even if they block, you have to amp the shield to remain safe. An amp that is an easy flawless block (with little punish for messing it up and getting hit by the very last hit - in fact, you're creating space for them).
You're totally right; she's taking a gamble trying this and could get blown up for it. I should've added that.

Even still, it's a mix meta that I think is favorable for Sheeva. The spin will catch any button or reversal that doesn't low-profile. If you know they can FLB the last hit, try not amplifying; it's not an easy punish if you're not ready for that. If you read a poke or d2, use the shield bash instead of the spin and punish with a combo, or try to FLB punish the poke. And if they're respecting all her options and staying on block, she's only -4 and can try to keep pressure going instead of using a cancel.

Damn we need to focus all this energy to v3 fujin. A character that actually needs buffs.
Ha... it's easy to forget that Fujin has a v3...

Damn we need to focus all this energy to v3 fujin. A character that actually needs buffs.
I’m begging for that too. In fact v3 fujin needs buffs more than v3 Sheeva. Give him Jet Stream. That would compliment his v3 kit really well since it (temporarily) gives his meterless Wind Push damage, and adds range on some normals going w/ the space control theme. NRS could also make his corner combos a tiny bit easier to pull off

Lol I’m so sick of seeing my own bad take thread title

You just need good movement and timing with Sheeva and then her range isn’t as bad as it looks

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Lol I’m so sick of seeing my own bad take thread title

You just need good movement and timing with Sheeva and then her range isn’t as bad as it looks
Yeah I agree. Which is why my Sheeva is mediocre at best lmfao. I feel like out of all the characters in the game that have broken wave dashes, you almost NEED to be able to wave dash with her to break into that next lvl.

I do wish she had more options off F1 besides Dragon Stance, I think at low lvl that's a main reason why Dragon Stance works (hat tip @Evil Canadian). I feel like if you suck at wave dashing (like me), F1 becomes even more important, bc you can regular dash and utilize it's utility easier than her other buttons (other than B4).

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
In her kustom variation guide I refer to here reach being as effective as a "t'rex in a boxing match" despite her being almost 7ft tall... her d4 is the worst it's like nightwolf's which was bad for nightwolf