What's new

Tech Utilizing EX RH for max damage and chip out situations

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
In looking through old unused tech I found the EX RH cancel mid combo to land 4,3 into another 4,3. When using this with my new BnB's I found that with practice as a full combo punish it can lead to 60-70% easy with one-three meters. I only use it when I know a jip will connect, or if the opponent has done something incredibly stupid. It is easy to confirm into meter drain as well if you are keeping tabs on your opponents meter. Massive damage and no breaker. Here is a taste of the damage you can get off of doing this, I did this in a terrible setup with almost a full second lag. Still only took a couple tries.

The damage certainly can be viable but I only go for it with a health lead and feeling cocky, or if I need to risk the damage. What is 100% viable is when you have a health lead and are within I would say about 25% damage from winning the match or round. Three EX RH cancels can lead to 19% chip 100% GUARANTEED. There is nothing your opponent can do about this. Anything in the game that they try will be blow up into a minimum of 50% and a maximum of 71%. There is no poking out, armoring out, or glitching out. I still need to try a few small things so if you find something please blow me up. In the corner finishing with either 4,3 naked rh, or 4,3 b4 will leave to full combo's if your opponent tries to jump or poke out after you run out of meter. 4,3, b4, d1, lightning, RH, 4,3, bubble, uppercut, 4,3, geyser 35%. Puts them back in the corner with massive damage meterless. If the RH connect's back dash, uppercut back into the corner into 4,3 shenanigans.

Now looking at this closer, in the corner, using 3 bars, a great player will try and escape RH pressure with a jumpout, armor, or a 6 frame move. I notice this alot, well when pressuring them with EH pressure there is simply nothing to do but eat chip, they see no meter they try and escape. Well I connect alot with 4,3, b4. 4,3,b4 is real nice cause you have all day to see the hit and d1 into lightning. On block is has pushback and is safe. The chip damage before the b4 is 18%, now add the 35% from the following combo. 53%. ( Smarrgasm added 4% with b4, 3,3, bubble, uppercut, 4,3, lightning, DJK, 4,3 geyser 39%, bringing max potential to 57% off of this situation)

Now your thinking well thats just wasted meter, if everything is blocked, midscreen or corner, 19% chip, well you were building meter this whole time, depending on if you have 3 or 2 bars of meter. You build more meter doing this pressure with 2 bars of meter, you build roughly 82% of a bar of meter using 2 bars, 70% using 3, giving you one more normal rh pressure away on both from another meter.

This is something I looked at and decided to revise and use my own way, is it viable? You decide for yourself. Enjoy and I look foward to the next rain addition.

Sincerely Yours,

The King of Atlantis

The unholy abomination that is DAMAGE

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
if your fingers on your controller are unreliable, then this becomes unreliable, canceling into complete advantage takes practice

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
This can add 7% damage per bar on the combo which is awesome but it is relatively strict on timing meaning you could drop a combo that would be 50% or more. If this were as easy as kitanas ex fan then i would use it all day especially with meter drain readily available too. As for the on block stuff it is very viable. Using Ex RCH when you are stacked on meter like aqua said gives huge amounts of chip and it should be inescapable except maybe by xray. Going into throw at any point is also useful to get a little guaranteed damage and not have to blow away all your bars of meter. This is actually what i was going for at raleigh against 16 bit when i got the worst negative edge error of my life and got 4 geyser instead of 43 EX cancel.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Its funny astronout liked this because I used the chip out and unpokeable 4,3 b4 on him alot and he HATED IT. :]

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This can add 7% damage per bar on the combo which is awesome but it is relatively strict on timing meaning you could drop a combo that would be 50% or more. If this were as easy as kitanas ex fan then i would use it all day especially with meter drain readily available too. As for the on block stuff it is very viable. Using Ex RCH when you are stacked on meter like aqua said gives huge amounts of chip and it should be inescapable except maybe by xray. Going into throw at any point is also useful to get a little guaranteed damage and not have to blow away all your bars of meter. This is actually what i was going for at raleigh against 16 bit when i got the worst negative edge error of my life and got 4 geyser instead of 43 EX cancel.
It is actually very high execution unlike people would think lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
someone tell me the chip percentages and how fast this needs to be executed, chip is my favourite thing in mk

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
12% raw chip, how about meter gained back? its 48% of a bar with normals but idk about rh cancels
With cancels you get probly close to 60% it looks like. and you can add more chip cause you get a 4th repitition after the 3rd cancel still.

Somberness

Lights
each part of 43 is 2%. pretty much every part is 2% and im not sure exactly what the frame data on this is. Somberness any idea?
To jail your opponent, you'd have to do it within a 3 frame window. Frames 13-15 after the roundhouse begins. For it to combo, the window is from 13-17.
edit: fixed 2nd range

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I posted about this back before TYM reset. as far as adding on damage with EX RHx, it's good but the timing is very very very strict. IMO it's not worth it. if I happen to finally land a JIP, or 4 3, I wanna get my damage. it's not worth the extra 7% to possible lose a bar of meter, and almost half my damage. glad you reposed it though so players know it's out there

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I agree the damage is not worth it, but the chip and jail I'm finding highly viable.

BookBurning

Voidwards
This is actually really old tech, not to be a Debbie Downer.

No though they can't jump out of it or do anything, it combos into a blockstring. If you time it correctly and you hit them, you can actually connect all the 43s into a legitimate combo as many times as your meter allows.
I've used it in my day to chip people out or attempt to but the situation is really...Situational.

Useful to know but utilizing it not always as useful; you're better off using it for guaranteed chip to win and nothing else because you'll be wanting to save your EX Roundhouses to crash through their combos with moveable armor.

Note: The MOST interesting thing about this though besides it actually comboing is that the damage scaling does not increase with each successful EXRH cancel this way so you can do ridiculous amounts of damage. My whole rebuttal though is that Rain already does ridiculous amounts of damage and needs his meter to be safe. Make no mistake, Rain is a defensively offensive character who is scary to attack when he has meter, yet not so scary when he doesn't.

TSRPrince

kombat doctor

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Reno_Racks used the ExRH cancel LIKE A BOSS on the atlantakombat stream last night. He used it a bunch but the mind-'sploder was a 63% beast of a combo against pride of botswana. After watching how easily Reno used ExRH cancel on stream it seems like it's a competition-viable tech. Here are a couple of links to the most impressive combos from last night

http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/377823680?t=200m37s

http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/377823680?t=215m27s
Smarrgasm
The_SNKE
WoundCowboy
Glass_Sword
Trepound380

I finally broke out the two bar 63% I was showing you guys in an actual match!!

TSRPrince I don't know who you are but I want to buy you some drinks cause I completely forgot that that happened. Pride and I had just vigourously vaporized some Sleepwalker kush and I forgot I did that shit. Thanks pimp you made my night :)

TSRPrince

kombat doctor
Smarrgasm
The_SNKE
WoundCowboy
Glass_Sword
Trepound380

I finally broke out the two bar 63% I was showing you guys in an actual match!!

TSRPrince I don't know who you are but I want to buy you some drinks cause I completely forgot that that happened. Pride and I had just vigourously vaporized some Sleepwalker kush and I forgot I did that shit. Thanks pimp you made my night :)
Haha no problem, if not drinks that sleepwalker sounds pretty nice too :cool: