What's new

Using UMK3 Mileena just like MK2 Mileena

Kaiba

Noob
Quite a few times on DS lately, when I play someone who is not using a teleporter and I'm Mileena, I use her air sai spamming just like how one should in MK2. I've only found one person to get lucky and actually beat me (in 3 rounds with very small difference in damage) but most everyone drops on me. Anyone who usually sticks for the whole match probably gets pretty pissed off because there are alot of players who don't know how to counter w/o a teleporter character. Also spamming sais seems to keep players from running in, jumping at or away. Most of the time I do a random of high, low, and mid air sais.

Sai Spamming in UMK3, good idea or bad idea?
And I think once some people perfect it, Mileena should be number 20 in the tier.

I got kinda good doing that for awhile, but it only worked for me against random newbs. Everyone who was even slightly decent caught on and would kara jab over to me, pinning me in a corner, or throwing a projectile against me, teleporting, or hell, Just Running. That works very very well in MK II because of the lack of Run. UMK3's Run seriously negates that strategy.

Fun to use against people who don't know how to play, but that's about it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sai spamming in UMK3 is not as good as MKII because the Sai shot is so much higher, but that's not to say it's bad. In MKII you could literally do an air Sai shot lower to the ground than a ground Sai shot. Mileena can be very fun to use but after a few matches she becomes very predictable. Her damage is so low and her higher combos require a lot of effort. I can get consistent mid to higher 30 and 40+% combos, and sometimes her 50% counter. Utilizing her Roll to the best of your ability without it ever being blockable, mixed with well timed Sai shots is the key.

As ABC said, the lack of run or dashing option makes Mileena very hard to compete against in MKII.

I got kinda good doing that for awhile, but it only worked for me against random newbs. Everyone who was even slightly decent caught on and would kara jab over to me, pinning me in a corner, or throwing a projectile against me, teleporting, or hell, Just Running. That works very very well in MK II because of the lack of Run. UMK3's Run seriously negates that strategy.

Fun to use against people who don't know how to play, but that's about it.
yea i do the same thing on XBLA. Just like u said tho, it dont work as well cuz a the whole run thing an nebody who is decent will just end up pinning u, makin the 2-3 times u shot them useless compared to wut they can do to u n the corner. Good way to practice with her tho with a friend or w/e: Charge ur sai shot and fire it off as high as u can. Gradually keep it going lower and lower. Ur timin will get more precise. Sorry felt i had to share that.