What's new

Tech Using tele to blow up wakeups.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So basically pretty sure this is old news but you can blow up the vast majority of wakeups in this game using tele. Just tele either away from or behind the opponent just before they wake up. If you do it right, (and you tele behind them) they'll wake up facing forwards while you're behind them. If they wakeup, you get to punish their whiffed move. If they don't, you can now zone from a distance and no harm done. Once they start respecting your tele you can open them up with iaj1 and b1 on wakeup.

E

Eldriken

Man, is it "Tech Week" or something around here? Keep it up, guys! Let's get all this stuff fleshed out. :D

Not that I play many of the characters that tech is getting posted for, but I know other people do and there's no harm in anyone benefiting from this.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Man, is it "Tech Week" or something around here? Keep it up, guys! Let's get all this stuff fleshed out. :D

Not that I play many of the characters that tech is getting posted for, but I know other people do and there's no harm in anyone benefiting from this.
The character forums needed a spark of life. This site has been too much about drama lately and we should focus on what really matters-leveling up in the game.

ryublaze

Noob
i've actually been messing with this with Ares. I'd do 3d2 tele ender, then tele away but all i can punish with is with projectile.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Really? I don't think I've ever seen a single GL use it, not even @Orochi.
I've actually been using this more often, it actually works best off a hard knockdown IMO, the problem is people see it coming from a mile away they just don't wake up, though I have a couple of ideas for some setups with it, if only I actually logged in the game to practice.

E

Eldriken

I've actually been using this more often, it actually works best off a hard knockdown IMO, the problem is people see it coming from a mile away they just don't wake up, though I have a couple of ideas for some setups with it, if only I actually logged in the game to practice.
Yeah...you need to. I need to get some more practice in against a really good GL player, which is you. Our matches are generally always neck and neck.

E

Eldriken

Quick question while I'm thinking about it. Did you get your name from Okami?

Rodrigue

Spongerod
@Pan1cMode have you tried it against Catwoman? If she wakes up with a catdash, wouldn't it put you at a distance whether you reverse it or not? Does it catch you if she meter burns it?

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
@Pan1cMode have you tried it against Catwoman? If she wakes up with a catdash, wouldn't it put you at a distance whether you reverse it or not? Does it catch you if she meter burns it?
You can punish wakeup trait by teleporting away then catching with puppet master. Very easy to bait in the corner but if I was expecting cat dash on wakeup I'd just block and punish. Against a lot of the cast you're better off just not allowing the option to wake up.

We should run this MU I've only ever played against your flash as her for some reason..

Rodrigue

Spongerod
You can punish wakeup trait by teleporting away then catching with puppet master. Very easy to bait in the corner but if I was expecting cat dash on wakeup I'd just block and punish. Against a lot of the cast you're better off just not allowing the option to wake up.

We should run this MU I've only ever played against your flash as her for some reason..
We should! I'm just really focusing on flash right now because it kinda feels good playing him lol I'm surprised you haven't seen my kitty in action yet! Last set I played against ryu using CW was pretty even btw. Anyway I'm down for a good set. Maybe tomorrow after my exam.
Edit: i missed the "as her" part lol my bad!

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
We should! I'm just really focusing on flash right now because it kinda feels good playing him lol I'm surprised you haven't seen my kitty in action yet! Last set I played against ryu using CW was pretty even btw. Anyway I'm down for a good set. Maybe tomorrow after my exam.
Edit: i missed the "as her" part lol my bad!

Oh I've seen your kitty and those Wayne manor shenanigans I just haven't played against her since I mained WW. I am free tomorrow evening hopefully get some games in man