What's new

Tech - Sun God Using Soul Scorch/Soul Burn Mid-Combos (+Bonus Blood God Combo)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So when I finally started playing MKXL (yay 6 months late) and saw how much mileage Sun God can get off the new Ex command grab connecting on hit buff, I realized that I have to utilize Soul Scorch (FDB1) a lot more than I used to for better meter management.

So I came up with combos that maximize the damage while trading your grab charge levels for meter or health, I began from Blood God's totem summon combos since totems have similar frame data to soul scorch and soul burn, and worked my way from up there.

Bonus: At the end there's a Blood God combo, 32% meterless off a F1B2 midscreen, I believe that is the highest damage he can get? I don't play Blood God so feel free to tell me if it's useful or not.

By the way, the timing is strict on the standing 1 into f2 after Soul Scorch, needs practicing.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
so Sun God can build almost 20% life or 75% meter off of his main combo starter? Confirmed trash :DOGE

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
So when I finally started playing MKXL (yay 6 months late) and saw how much mileage Sun God can get off the new Ex command grab connecting on hit buff, I realized that I have to utilize Soul Scorch (FDB1) a lot more than I used to for better meter management.

So I came up with combos that maximize the damage while trading your grab charge levels for meter or health, I began from Blood God's totem summon combos since totems have similar frame data to soul scorch and soul burn, and worked my way from up there.

Bonus: At the end there's a Blood God combo, 32% meterless off a F1B2 midscreen, I believe that is the highest damage he can get? I don't play Blood God so feel free to tell me if it's useful or not.

By the way, the timing is strict on the standing 1 into f2 after Soul Scorch, needs practicing.
I like the utility aspect of the combos, because sometimes a life swing/meter gain can be more important than damage. I'm finally getting XL tomorrow since I only have a PC, so I'm looking forward to exploring the new Sun God stuff!! :D Very nice work!