What's new

Tech - Bartitsu Using Skeezer's Setup On Bartitsu

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Before I start, i'd like to thank @Skeezer12 for the concept. If anyone has found this tech before, apologies, I haven't seen a post on this for Bartitsu. Anyway, let's get into it!

In case you aren't aware of what Skeezer's setup, go check out this thread https://testyourmight.com/threads/kinetic-skeezer-bo-rai-cho-setup-82-2-bars.61930/ and then come back here when you are informed!

Basically, Bartitsu trades out having to use Bump n Dump for the meterless Cane Snag. Which has its ups and downs, first we'll go over exactly what those ups and downs are.

UPS
So Bartitsu has the pleasure of being able to do this setup for only one bar (if he launches you with one of his two meterless launchers, will go over later) He also ends this setup with a restand (DF1) which allows you to either mix, grab, get some chip, basically whatever you want. It also has the flexibility of putting more resources into it for more damage. Minimum amount of bar you can use on this is 1 but you can actually use 3 bars (Launcher before the setup, EX Fart on the setup, Launcher after the setup) to get a lot more damage, this also can be looked at as "You decide how many bars you want to use on this setup" which makes resource management even more flexible on a character that builds his meter relatively quickly.

DOWNS
The bad parts of this setup while not plentiful, they still exist. For one, in order to do this for one bar, you need to have started with your fairly slow F3 or B3. Which granted in certain situations (Such as after a fart restand into 50/50 reset) isn't too hard but it make the advantage of being cheaper a bit harder to use, but not too hard to use. Not only that but it DOES do less damage than the Dragon's Breath/Drunken Master versions of the setup but you switch that out for the better pokes and range of Bartitsu, which is a trade off you are most likely okay with.

Okay! So now that I've gone through the ups and downs, lets get into the meat of it shall we? What are you going to be doing to get this setup off? Well! Glad you asked!

Meterless Starts
Low Option
B322, NJP, B1 xx DB4 (21%)

Overhead Option
F34, 21, B1 xx DB4 (25%)

What Metered Starts Look Like
*STARTER* xx EX DB2, NJP, B1 xx DB4 xx Setup Time

Basically, like the other variation setups, you'll do some form of combo into a fart restand. After that, you have a few options, here are the meterless ones.

Low Option
B3 xx DF3, Run, 341, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (38%)

B1 (Cancel before the overhead hit) xx DF3, Run, 341, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (Damage Pending)

Overhead Option
F3 xx DF3, Run, 341, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (38%)

B1 xx DF3, Run, 341, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (Damage Pending)

Here are your metered options.

Low Option
B3 xx DF3, Run, B233 xx EX DB2, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (47%)

B1 (Cancel before overhead hit) xx DF3, Run, B233 xx EX DB2, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (Damage Pending)

Overhead Option
F3 xx DF3, Run, B233 xx EX DB2, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (47%)

B1 xx DF3, Run, B233 xx EX DB2, NJP, 21, 21, B1 xx DF1 (Damage Pending)

So as you can see, the setup is pretty self explanatory when you know about the original but I figured I'd share what I found so that you fellow Bartitsus know that we have this setup too! Happy drinking!

@myri
@Mr Aquaman (Might get you interested in Bartitsu?)
@Percimon
@BanTheTesters
@ETC Mcfly
@Youphemism (I can't remember if you play Bartitsu or Dragon's Breath but here's a tag!)
@pretty flocko (I believe you've used something similar to this?)
@dennycascade (Is this in that Bo vid you're working on?)
@TamedLizard
@Sunny_D
@Anyone else who wanted a tag that I didn't think of.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Yo mang consoles have built in streaming capabilities, no clips at all?
I just decided to post this on a whim, I remember the inputs and some of the damage numbers and decided to post em, I can try and get some clips at some point tho!