What's new

Breakthrough - Ravenous Using Low pounce to punish "safe" stuffs

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I can't make a video for what I found, I can only write wall of text to describe. Help me please :D
As you know since XL came out, Ravenous Low pounce has 8f startup. It keeps the old rules when it's gonna hit: if you're in ducking state then low pounce will connect, if you're standing or jumping then low pounce will whiff.
However low pounce can hit opponents in situations that you don't think it can and you can punish a lot of things (which are normally safe against roll and her s2) with it:
Kano: d4 at point blank. From most range low pounce whiffs
Kitana: F112 fan, 111 fan, fan at point blank, d1, B143 (@xKhaoTik look at your bottom 3 character :DOGE)
Quan Chi: d1 (it's harder than Kitana's d1 because of faster startup and smaller window to input reversal)
Subzero: Ice burst (the clone shatter move). Normally you can use 21 roll to punish this, but due to the push back the timing is very weird and 21 is very hard to hit confirm. I recommend using 21 high pounce here to maximize damage and minimize risk --> edit: this move is now safe on block
Kotal: d4 at most range. From max range low pounce whiffs
D'vorah: she has some -8 on block, but low pounce can't punish anything. Her F34 at close range is punishable by reversal roll, but farther away she can block roll
(if a move is not listed here, it means you better use roll/s2 to punish it for better damage OR low pounce just whiffs. For example Pumped Up's gotcha grab is -9 on block with push back, reversal roll or s2 MIGHT work, but low pounce always whiffs)
Low pounce can also hit everyone out of mashing low pokes (Jason's d1 d1 for example), hit "sliders" out of normal slide startup, hit Shirai Ryu Takeda out of his 2nd hit of ground ex teleport if first hit whiffs
If you discovery more weird things with low pounce, please share
I don't know who plays Ravenous so tag whoever you know

Last edited:

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
I play Ravenous, and this is stuff I must know. I usually low poke my opponent and do either a low pounce or an anti air attack. Usually the low pounce gets them. That move is fast.

CmC_HAt

Noob
wao , last night in the lab i test the low pounce with Kitana´s every fan ending, and low pounce worksss, i´ll keep searching in others players

Parasurama

Dragon
wao , last night in the lab i test the low pounce with Kitana´s every fan ending, and low pounce worksss, i´ll keep searching in others players
So after the fan you do a pounce and works as a punish? What if they stay standing and do not crouch?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
So after the fan you do a pounce and works as a punish? What if they stay standing and do not crouch?
she gets hit either way (when I test I use fan then stand there). it's a random weird property that allows low pounce to hit. Like Liu's flying kick is not parryable, but Mileena's telekick is parryable

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Basically what's happening is that the character is crouched low enough to the ground in the animation for the low pounce to be applicable.