What's new

Tech - Hunter Using EX Smart Discs in the Corner with Hunter

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ok so all of these combos/set ups revolve around using the EX smart discs as an opportunity to put down a non-enhanced net trap mid combo to extend the same combo after giving it time to activate. I have a feeling that the damage scaling on the EX scimitar slam will be toned down after the casuals buy their copies of Predator, so I decided to look into EX smart discs as a combo extender. EX smart discs let you do a bunch of stuff as they allow for you to drop down a mine as the second disc keeps them in the air, then combo into the mine. The damage is solid and can even allow you to heal mid combo. Sorry I was too lazy for youtube, but here are some gifs of what I've found so far. I will explain each of the three scenarios as to how the extensions work. The point of this thread is to release the juggling concepts I've been working on to the rest of the community so that we may expand on these ideas and level up the smart discs to the super intelligent disc levels and find maximum style and practicality in the corner with them. Anyway, here's what I've been working on, they will all start with 212, JB3xx EX discs into mine set up.

Example 1: Combing off of uppercut.

Inputs: 212, JB3xx EX BF2, DB4B, 4xxBF2, D2, NJP, 32 1+3 = 42% 1 Bar

This was the first combo I found off of these. They will all start with 212, JB3xx EX discs into mine set up. Since the normal smart discs don't have a hitbox on them until they become stationary, it allows for S4 to be cancelled into them once the mine is out, allows the mine to capture them and then gives you time to uppercut before the smart discs homes in, extending the combo after the uppercut.

Example 2: Uppercut out of the corner, grab back onto mine

Inputs: 212, JB3xx EX BF2, DB4B, JF3xxBF2, D2, Throw, NJP, 32 1+3 = 40% 1 Bar

This one can probably be optimized more to match the damage from example 1, but that's where you guys come in, multiple minds are better than one!

Example 3: Mid combo heal

Inputs: 212, JB3xx EX BF2, DB4B, 4xxDD3, NJP, 32 1+3 = 38% 1 Bar plus 5% health recovery

This one is probably the most practical and might even be able to sneak in more damage too. the 4xxDD3 gives plenty of time to combo after kicking them into the net.

Example 4: Placing a mid range net rather than close

Inputs: 212, JB3xxBF2, DB4, NJP, 32 1+3, DD3, 32 1+3 = 42% 1 Bar plus 5% health recovery

Using a mid range trap rather than close allows you to combo off of 32 1+3 since the close net would go off mid string.

So that's it for now, please play around with these ideas so that we may maximize the intelligence of our discs and make the most stylish corner combos at the same time. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Damn fam, very creative and a five star post. Keep it up.
Im in mid set so sorry if its not much contribution. But props when given. I love it

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nice combos. Good to know to maximize a punish. Right now we have multiple ways to go about a combo for different purposes. Set up a trap combo, maxing damage, healing.

For that first combo, can you heal before the d2?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
man i was playing around with this yest and found some very similar stuff.. also i was trying to see about blowning up the mid net mid combo or tossing the net from the air after - it worked a few times but didnt seem consistent if i come up with anything useful/practical to add ill post but great work man.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Forgot to mention this but I think these 212 starters will be best as a run in confirm into combo after a stray smart disc on hit. If they are on the ground when they get hit then it wont effect the gravity at all

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Really interesting stuff, It will be difficult to confirm 212 being his most punishable string (-23 on block) but the overall idea is great

SEV

Noob
Love the format, but if you could, put the GIFs in spoilers so that they aren't all trying to load at once; took a good couple minutes for them all to fully load to actually see what was going on.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Really interesting stuff, It will be difficult to confirm 212 being his most punishable string (-23 on block) but the overall idea is great
Yeah I forgot to mention it in the OP but i think these will be most useful as a confirm into combo after a smart disc on hit

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Yeah I forgot to mention it in the OP but i think these will be most useful as a confirm into combo after a smart disc on hit
Have you tried invisibility also instead of healing? Just a thought

Wetdoba

All too easy...
man i was playing around with this yest and found some very similar stuff.. also i was trying to see about blowning up the mid net mid combo or tossing the net from the air after - it worked a few times but didnt seem consistent if i come up with anything useful/practical to add ill post but great work man.
I'm going to test out blowing the net up mid combo now that's a good idea, can't imagine it would scale too much