What's new

Tech - Hunter Using EX Air Traps In Conjunction with Neutral Jumps

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all, ever since @dennycascade posted his Predator Hunter Tech Video, I decided to try and find some stuff myself with the variation. While I was messing with the variation in the lab I realized that Air Trap existed. I also realized that EX Air Trap existed and hit the ground very quickly. So I immediately went to work looking for a use involving this trap and I think I found one. When you neutral jump, on the way down as most of you know your NJP will be an overhead. EX Air Trap hits the ground almost instantaneously and is a low. My thought on the matter is you can have neutral jumps on knockdown situations where you don't have a trap up or just in the neutral be a mixup, either Overhead NJP or EX Low Trap. Now eventually, in theory, this method will cause the opponent to begin to respect the options you have from neutral jump and that's when the real fun begins because you can start empty jumping into grabs or strings, or neutral jump, place an EX Far Trap behind the opponent and then grab them and throw them into that trap and begin the set play. I haven't tested this out in game so I'm not sure how effective it is but I figured I would share my concept!

@Dankster Morgan
@Cooljaxx
@ Any one else who cares!

ENJOY!!!

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Its effective ive been using it for a while on jump ins as well not just NJP. Also works on a set ups ending a combo with b22xxdisc then jump in. They block disc standing. EX trap. Crouching jump in punch to the mix

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Its effective ive been using it for a while on jump ins as well not just NJP. Also works on a set ups ending a combo with b22xxdisc then jump in. They block disc standing. EX trap. Crouching jump in punch to the mix
Interesting, ill have to play around with that some more

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
that last bit is confusing....wtf is a crouching jumpin punch?