What's new

using ex-AA grab as a tool for a reset

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
this looks like a great set up for when there are moments when you fuck up
Exactly. This is also awesome to use if you mess up the timing of his more commonly used bomb resets... kinda like recovering your reset if you fail.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
In unusual situations this may come in handy. Online is entirely different game. I havent played for very long online and I am amazed what ppl been doing online - there are setups that wont work in offline match (unless You are retarded scrub). The ex AA also have similar setup in the corner.
Its a gimmick that is semi-reliable online imo - thats it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's not a terrible idea, but take into account that training mode doesn't take into account the extended invincibility frames of an EX wakeup so you might be beaten by EX ND in that situation..

However.....

This probably sounds monumentally ridiculous on paper, but hear me out, using a naked teleport as an okizeme there may actually be safe since Cyrax (well, Robo Cyrax) is invincible on the front side and will override the wakeup, which puts combo starting specials into blockstun.

But anyway, I've always been curious, is the armor on EX AA actually bad or do people just downplay it to save meter for resets? As far as I know Somberness never clarified where/when the armored frames are active.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
It's not a terrible idea, but take into account that training mode doesn't take into account the extended invincibility frames of an EX wakeup so you might be beaten by EX ND in that situation..

However.....

This probably sounds monumentally ridiculous on paper, but hear me out, using a naked teleport as an okizeme there may actually be safe since Cyrax (well, Robo Cyrax) is invincible on the front side and will override the wakeup, which puts combo starting specials into blockstun.

But anyway, I've always been curious, is the armor on EX AA actually bad or do people just downplay it to save meter for resets? As far as I know Somberness never clarified where/when the armored frames are active.
This beats EX-ND... at least online.

I had to google "okizeme" =) Yes, I use this quite often also. Robo-Cyrax's naked teleport beats Kabal's EX-ND. It causes block stun, and Cyrax reappears on the other side ready to attack.

I find the ex-armor on AA to be really good, personally. It's one of his most well-abused moves in my opinion. Helps get out of traps/pokes by faster enemies, like Kabal, Cage, Sonya, Jax, etc. Helps defeat wake-up attacks. Works as anti-air... obviously :p Faster than dashing (if you feel safe doing it). If the enemy is high-pressing you, you can ex-AA grab over them to add necessary space behind them for a new position... etc. D4-AA Grab as a simple poke move really adds to Cyrax's pressure also. He ends up right in their face.

Curious to see what you guys think. I've had a lot of success using this tactic online. I feel like it definitely confuses people.

Follow-up video also:
You know what I don't get.?? How did you get the second bomb out in the second video there.??????????You do your set up, the bomb launches the opponent and starts a new combo which ends in a hanging Net and you do a second bomb there. The second Bomb usually doesn't come out if your opponent is already launched by one in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what I don't get.?? How did you get the second bomb out in the second video there.??????????You do your set up, the bomb launches the opponent and starts a new combo which ends in a hanging Net and you do a second bomb there. The second Bomb usually doesn't come out if your opponent is already launched by one in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because the first bomb never hit, the opponent jumped out of it and was hit by the neutral jump punch but not the bomb which meant he could use the naked bomb later

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

However.....

ex ND only has 5 active frames of armor besides being 15 more invincibly frames, however delayed wakeups lose invincibility frames so this should work.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
You have to teleport first.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
ex ND only has 5 active frames of armor besides being 15 more invincibly frames, however delayed wakeups lose invincibility frames so this should work.

I knew the armor on EX ND was limited (I still see people that think it's completely drenched in armor from left to right of the screen lol), but honestly, this explains a lot...

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Oooh I misread - sorry. The first bomb never hits. That particular scenario shows what happens if they try to jump out of that trap... they get hit my a NJP.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Curious to see what you guys think. I've had a lot of success using this tactic online. I feel like it definitely confuses people.

Follow-up video also:
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
2 questions:

1) Why EN? Why not the regular?
2) If you have a bar to spend on a mix-up leading to a potential 60%, why not just spend it on guaranteed 70%?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
1) EN has armor, which will negate most wake-ups attacks, including Kabal, Jax, and Sonya. I think it's very important to negate high-tier characters' EN-wake-ups. Regular D4-AA works fine only against certain characters, like Scorpion. Neither work on Kung Lao wake-ups.
2) If you can go for a guaranteed 70%, do it. I usually resort to this D4-AA tactic if I screw up the timing in a guaranteed reset. I also like using this tactic to basically sucker my opponent into wasting a bar of meter. Cyrax only needs one bar of meter to do an insane amount of damage, whereas most opponent require 2 or 3 bars of meter. If I can make my enemy waste their meter - I will - and I'll still likely have one bar of meter left for massive damage - which means they can't breaker.