What's new

Video/Tutorial - Summoner Using Enhanced Skull post patch. 50%+ Combos

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey guys! Heres some combos I've been working on with Quan Chi. I've hit a few in game but im unsure about the overall viability. Basically using meter for ex rune in any combos creates massive damage scaling, so using enhanced skull doesnt effect that and also makes you plus on block. theres also a few Raiden combos here too so click away if you dont want to see that. Enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

@Israfel
@The_Tile

Hey guys! Heres some combos I've been working on with Quan Chi. I've hit a few in game but im unsure about the overall viability. Basically using meter for ex rune in any combos creates massive damage scaling, so using enhanced skull doesnt effect that and also makes you plus on block. theres also a few Raiden combos here too so click away if you dont want to see that. Enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

@Israfel
@The_Tile
For two bars I have a 53% combo which starts with an overhead, if I remember right it does 52 or 51% off of b23)

Ok, so here I am trying to expand on Demon Skull (yes, this is the correct name for Ex Skull) 2 bar combos in the corner:

F212 starter 52%:

B2 starter 52% :

B32 starter 51%:

BUT!!! Here I am proving that the right use of Ex Rune actually gives more damage in corner combos using a bat and 2 bars of meter:

F212 starter 53%:

B2 starter 53%:

B32 starter gives the same 51% and whatever you cancel it into (rune, skull, demon skull) can be armoured on block, so it is better to use the Demon Skull version (I will show you why right after this):

So using the Ex Ground Burst at the very end of the combo still gives a bit more damage for the most starters. For b2 starter it is of course also better to cancel it into either Ground Burst (Rune) or normal skull as they can not be armoured after it, unlike Demon Skull. But of course if you if you read their armour attempt you can break it with a bat:

And of course a blocked Demon Skull jails your opponent into a hard-to-blockable, which if done a bit late can break armour and catch back dashes:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

@Israfel
@The_Tile

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yep back when bat was Free and mixups to loop was free and there was no difficulty doing B2 or combos, now things got a little tight and you have to use combos and HKD's to get bat out like the rest of the normal cast every left Quan. and your right, They are all Tier Whores, that flock to the Best character, and bitch about the other characters so they can win. Nerf these characters o my 1 OP character can win no matter who i play. Its getting dumb

Ive started to pick up Quan, recently, Summoner and Scorceror and Warlock are very solid characters. Summoner though, maybe a little hard to get some links other than that, has Safe 50/50's at least wiith rune. Great Zoning. And nice Damage, really only lacks a good Wakeup, but really he has plenty of other options, and good tools to keep that from happening.

And Damn still has a good HTB with Meter, i really don't see why anyone said he was garbage after patch. i mean yeah his Dumb as fuck Braindead Loop a 6 year old could do is gone. and his free bat is gone. but he is very Viable and has to be top tier at least A tier or above. better than most the characters i use.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
yep back when bat was Free and mixups to loop was free and there was no difficulty doing B2 or combos, now things got a little tight and you have to use combos and HKD's to get bat out like the rest of the normal cast every left Quan. and your right, They are all Tier Whores, that flock to the Best character, and bitch about the other characters so they can win. Nerf these characters o my 1 OP character can win no matter who i play. Its getting dumb

Ive started to pick up Quan, recently, Summoner and Scorceror and Warlock are very solid characters. Summoner though, maybe a little hard to get some links other than that, has Safe 50/50's at least wiith rune. Great Zoning. And nice Damage, really only lacks a good Wakeup, but really he has plenty of other options, and good tools to keep that from happening.

And Damn still has a good HTB with Meter, i really don't see why anyone said he was garbage after patch. i mean yeah his Dumb as fuck Braindead Loop a 6 year old could do is gone. and his free bat is gone. but he is very Viable and has to be top tier at least A tier or above. better than most the characters i use.
I agree about the Summoner stuff, they need to be careful in the next patch cause he's hella slept on right now. I hope they don't give him any buffs.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I agree about the Summoner stuff, they need to be careful in the next patch cause he's hella slept on right now. I hope they don't give him any buffs.
If HE did get a slight buff? i vote for Trance EX/normal to be less punishable on block.

Example: it should be punishable from half screen but not Fullscreen Punishable. some can like sub Zero freeze OMG that sucks. Agree?