What's new

Tech Using Corner Interactables Mid-Combos: OTGs & Gimmicks

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't know if this is known, but I found a way to use corner interactables during combos when you have your opponent cornered.

Unfortunately, though, not only does Nightwing get owned by interactables in Injustice, he also doesn't get much out of them offensively, especially the lame, weak bomb interactables. However on a few stages this is useful and he gets some true OTGs and some nice damage.

There are two ways to link interactables during combos:
1- After an Escrima Fury in the corner, with the right gravity and height, B2 will cross up, so B2 xx R1 links. This is easy to hit and you get some OTGs out of it.
2- After an Escrima Fury, a well-timed Standing 2 will hit the opponent and Nightwing ends up on the opposite side so he can use the interactable. This is hard and the timing is weird, but it gives NW some true OTGs when B2 doesn't.

Combo example:
B2, 33 xx EF, B2 xx R1

Now to the stages:

1- Watchtower - Reactor: Fire Interactable:
After a B2, you can hitconfirm with 33 xx Escrima Fury B2 xx R1. This is a true inescapable OTG. This does 24% + 18% = 42% meterless off a B2.
If you hitconfirm the B2 with 112 or F213 (full 4 hits, not 3) the interactable can be escaped by Roll + wakeup. However the timing of the roll+wakeup is impossibly strict, I tried recording it and try to escape it myself, and I could do it about only 1 or 2 times out of 10. This does higher damage, it does 26% if you use 112 and 27% if you do F213.
If you start a combo with F213 instead of B2 (say you bait a wakeup and punish) and do: F213 xx EF, J3, 112 xx EF, B2 xx R1, you'll get 34% + 18%. This is also escapable by only rolling+waking up. The timing to do that is also very, very strict. If you do F213 xx EF, J3, 11 xx EF, B2 xx R1 I think you'll get a true inescapable OTG.

In the combo that starts at 0:47, you see that I use standing 2 instead of B2, and it results in an inescapable OTG.

2- Watchtower - Bridge: Fire Interactable:
Pretty much like the description on the Reactor above. You can get a true inescapable OTGs, or the ones that can be escaped using roll+wakeup, but are extremely difficult to escape.

NOTE: The interactable whiffs on small hitbox characters if they don't do anything. If they decide to roll they will get hit by the interactable.

3- Ferris Airport rockets:
Inescapable OTGs all over the place.
The combos you see AI rolling+waking up out of aren't that easy to do it yourself. Doable, but you'll still get hit like 50% of the time.

4- Themyscira Port:
Using the cannon interactable, a combo using B2 xx R1 OTGs if they don't tech roll, and they can wakeup if they tech roll. If you use 2 xx R1, it's the opposite; it OTGs if they do tech roll, and whiffs if they don't tech roll.

The Donkey Kong barrels OTGs if they don't roll. If they do roll they have to wake up as well to get out of it. It's easier to escape than the interactables on Watchtower, but you can catch your opponent off guard here.

5- Insurgency Lab Green Laser:
B2 xx R1 can be escaped using an invincible wakeup, however 2 xx R1 can only be escaped using tech-roll + wakeup. Wakeups are tricky because of the double input reverse.

6- Other stages:
The rest of stages are mostly just gimmicky stuff that won't really hit people who are focused while playing.
Bomb interactables are shit and have crappy hitboxes, and can be escaped easily by rolling or waking up. Some of them will catch your opponent if they just stand there.
Atlantis corner interactables are way too slow and the invincibility of wakeups take the hit and you end up getting hit with the wakeup. The water might stuff wakeups that have slow startup, especially if they tech roll before the wakeup.
Water tower on Gotham top will stuff most wakeups if they tech roll before waking up, but won't hit them if they don't tech roll.

Note: Waking up from the escapable setups need input reversing, because once you hit the B2 or standing 2 you switch sides. If your opponent is expecting that you'll go for the interactable it will make it easier for them. However, reacting to most of these setups is a little too hard if they weren't expecting changing sides.

Last edited:

Braindead

In the videos I drop some B2s after an Escrima Fury, but it's actually very easy to hit. My execution just becomes awful after long hours in the lab.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
cyborg can do this if he end his wall swaggy combos with 113 sdc. my favorite is the tree in thmiscara and the ship in FOS.

Braindead

cyborg can do this if he end his wall swaggy combos with 113 sdc. my favorite is the tree in thmiscara and the ship in FOS.
The tree in themyscira does shitty damage when NW uses it and ends up throwing the opponent full screen. It doesn't OTG it just combos. It's basically useless.

NW can't headbutt the opponent into the ship on FOS, he can just set a bomb on it, which sucks :(

Braindead

Hmmmmm. I want to use but his execution on these seems questionable. Will practice though
Hitting the b2 is super easy. The standing 2 is weird.
Don't take my execution as a standard. I still regularly drop F213 xx EF.

Last edited:

Braindead

You can do it starting from Staff as well, if anyone is interested.

46% meterless starting from a standing 2, 56% with one bar starting from 1f1 xx MB GP.

If you are comfortable switching from Staff to Escrima you should have no problems with this. Hitting the B2 xx R1 is a piece of cake.
Again, this can only be escaped using roll+wakeup, but the timing on that is extremely tight and the wakeup inputs are reversed. They have to mash like hell in preemptive reversed inputs to get out.