What's new

Using 1,1 in corner combos instead of maximising damage.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Hey fellow Supermans. I wanted to get your opinions on the video below. This is something I got the idea today and was eager to test it out. I explain it in the video but the basic idea is to end your corner combo in J2-11 instead of the usual S3 punch/laser to deny the wake up option and get access to some serious plus frames.

This can also be done ending with 1,1 cancelled into trait so you take away any armour options too. You are giving up about 8% if you go the just the setup instead of the restand but you can net about half it back if you chose to check with a F23 breath and gain some extra metre in the process. I realise this is a very obvious thing but I haven't seen it posted anywhere so if this is already known I'll tag a mod to lock this thread.

@Tweedy @EMPEROR_THEO @gibster13 @PunkMafia83 @Asodimazze - Sorry any Superman players I missed, just went from what I can remember off the top of my head.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Nice also posted this a few minutes later than your post. I do it midscreen too. Throw tech or jump out gets punished by F23. Both can be back dashed but gets caught by slight forward walk F23.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Also Superman players did this in IGAU too. Too bad we lost the heat zap set ups in this version.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hey fellow Supermans. I wanted to get your opinions on the video below. This is something I got the idea today and was eager to test it out. I explain it in the video but the basic idea is to end your corner combo in J2-11 instead of the usual S3 punch/laser to deny the wake up option and get access to some serious plus frames.

This can also be done ending with 1,1 cancelled into trait so you take away any armour options too. You are giving up about 8% if you go the just the setup instead of the restand but you can net about half it back if you chose to check with a F23 breath and gain some extra metre in the process. I realise this is a very obvious thing but I haven't seen it posted anywhere so if this is already known I'll tag a mod to lock this thread.

@Tweedy @EMPEROR_THEO @gibster13 @PunkMafia83 @Asodimazze - Sorry any Superman players I missed, just went from what I can remember off the top of my head.
I like it, could certain help against some wakeup happy players or characters.

The chip set up if fit as well

JTB123

Also Superman players did this in IGAU too. Too bad we lost the heat zap set ups in this version.
I still catch myself doing heat zap combos out of habit then immediately think "shit it doesn't work in this game".

I still catch myself doing heat zap combos out of habit then immediately think "shit it doesn't work in this game".
They teased us, since our old heat zap is an ability that needs to be meter burned lol I use it in casual with my friends to relive the old days...

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

The restand into j2,11 is a good idea, I'll try to add it into my game. Thanks for the video

Tweedy

Noob
I think this sacrifices about 10% if you end with jump 3, s3 xx breath. Idk if it's worth but good stuff.

JTB123

I think this sacrifices about 10% if you end with jump 3, s3 xx breath. Idk if it's worth but good stuff.
I did not know you could combo into that so that's good to know for when you want to take the big damage. Thanks.