What's new

USF4 Final Changes released

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nah, you can't compare RF to 3S parry. Skill requirement aside, RF still gets beat by armor breakers so you can't go through everything.
I know it doesn't go through amor break moves or throws, but still, it goes through everything that doesn't face those conditions, with RF you can go trough ryu metsu hadoken easely because that ultra doesn't has armor break proprieties, same goes with a few ultras and supers, hell, you can even go through Cr. Mk, Sakenetsu hadokens now and still get a counter hit.
RF Crossup to cr.LP rains and avoid lots of crap that in AE was a real pain in the ass, Basically the whole meta changed, even if i don't completly thrust on them, RF is powerfull but still can be avoid tradictionaly by its 4 ways.

1. Grab it
2. Backdash and punish
3. using a armor break move.
4.Jump/Phase through it (some characters can do this) and punish from behind.

I'm already thinking what desk will come up with for his next FADC series.
Dammit why couldn't have added Doctrine Dark from Street Fighter EX series, he was the only new character from that series that I liked. smh.
you can blame on Arika for that, Ono wanted to put some Ex characters in the mix so he went talk to them, however, Arika didn't accept the offer to sell the characters to capcom and just kept them for the their pride shit and fucked all up.

i would main Doctrine Dark as 1st character before any other in the game if he was in, along with Shadow Geist, Garuda and Volcano Rosso, and surely lots of ppl here in my country would buy SF much earlier.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
She just doesn't give a fuck

Ah, so that was Shimauta?

I haven't been paying great attention to the setups he's using. He's already incorporated DWU timings, so I wasn't aware that his stuff was working basically off of reads. Plus he was playing vs pretty bland players. I want to see footage of him vs people who will actually switch between normal and DWU.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ah, so that was Shimauta?

I haven't been paying great attention to the setups he's using. He's already incorporated DWU timings, so I wasn't aware that his stuff was working basically off of reads. Plus he was playing vs pretty bland players. I want to see footage of him vs people who will actually switch between normal and DWU.
Based on what i saw in this video, a few players where actually switching between normal and DWU what whas happening is that now, the setup from ibuki seems to be option select in case you read wrong.

Safe jumps for normal wakeup, kunai traps for DWU, that was how it was paying off. PPL who didn't use DWU where being blown up by crossups and regular SSF4 stuff, and DWU were blown up by kunai traps, the F+LK or B+MP before the jump is just to set the timing on.

Besides Cr.LP now is a 3frames jab now, and she got a new link for Tsumuji loops to ppl who is getting hit crouched, that is why on Oni he went to, MP, MK, Tsu xxx Cr.LP even tho he missed the link, but a few ibuki players were testing that with the change mod, and figured out that now is very possible to perform a new variation of Tsumuji loops with Cr.LP even on low hitbox characters.

I wonder how this will develop tho, i've seen daigo using evil ryu as well.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I know it doesn't go through amor break moves or throws, but still, it goes through everything that doesn't face those conditions, with RF you can go trough ryu metsu hadoken easely because that ultra doesn't has armor break proprieties, same goes with a few ultras and supers, hell, you can even go through Cr. Mk, Sakenetsu hadokens now and still get a counter hit.
RF Crossup to cr.LP rains and avoid lots of crap that in AE was a real pain in the ass, Basically the whole meta changed, even if i don't completly thrust on them, RF is powerfull but still can be avoid tradictionaly by its 4 ways.

1. Grab it
2. Backdash and punish
3. using a armor break move.
4.Jump/Phase through it (some characters can do this) and punish from behind.

I'm already thinking what desk will come up with for his next FADC series.
Also unlike parries, you can't FA or RF wake up pressure nor can you bait AAs with it by air-parry.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Having read http://www.eventhubs.com lately, most of Dhalsim's and Guile's buffs have apparently been reverted.

It is unfortunate that the anti-zoning scrubs of the SRK community are just as prevalent as the anti-zoning scrubs of the NRS community.

Was hoping for more hit advantage on Roses attacks to reduce her dependency on one frame links.

El Fuerte quesidilla bomb buffs look good though, so I'll probably just go back to him, if I end up buying the update.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
They took away Guile's auto-track U1 and what's wrong with that....the shit actually look like damn glitch.Beside Guile is where he is because his a defensive char in a MORE defensive game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Since when did you play SF? I thought you'd be more of a Sagat fan.
I am, but I also like Dhalsim and Guile.

They took away Guile's auto-track U1 and what's wrong with that....the shit actually look like damn glitch.Beside Guile is where he is because his a defensive char in a MORE defensive game.
Dieminion has played the game and claims that this version of Guile is the worst of the entire Street Fighter IV series.

The majority of the japanese players who already played ultra said they don't like the changes.
Only Wao seems annoyed so far by delayed wake up. The majority of top japanese players who shared their thoughts are liking the changes. Even Mochi, top Dhalsim player says Sim is strong enough with or without s.mk. Daigo is loving Hugo even if he sucks and the new and improved Ryu. Kazunoko and Nemo are loving Rolento. Reiketsu loves Vega. And kojiKOG is loving T.Hawk. Only a few japanese players like Mago have changed their main or picked up a new pocket. Momochi picked up Juri as backup but still likes the new Ken.

Most players welcome the new system and balance changes. A lot of them have trouble adapting to delayed wake up but it doesn't mean they hate it.

Only Wao seems annoyed so far by delayed wake up. The majority of top japanese players who shared their thoughts are liking the changes. Even Mochi, top Dhalsim player says Sim is strong enough with or without s.mk. Daigo is loving Hugo even if he sucks and the new and improved Ryu. Kazunoko and Nemo are loving Rolento. Reiketsu loves Vega. And kojiKOG is loving T.Hawk. Only a few japanese players like Mago have changed their main or picked up a new pocket. Momochi picked up Juri as backup but still likes the new Ken.

Most players welcome the new system and balance changes. A lot of them have trouble adapting to delayed wake up but it doesn't mean they hate it.
where did you get this info?

where did you get this info?
Where everyone else gets their SF info. SRK/Eventhubs. They had multiple articles translating the japanese players impressions. And numerous vids.

I am, but I also like Dhalsim and Guile.

Dieminion has played the game and claims that this version of Guile is the worst of the entire Street Fighter IV series.
But as good and as smart as Dieminion is, his impressions are still based on AE 2012. He hasn't played enough USF4 to truly know how weak or how strong Guile really is with the new system and mechanic changes.

Delayed wake up buffs all zoners and nerfs vortex characters. And RFC allows Guile to have comeback potential which he didn't have before. He had decent frametraps but no good damage. But now he can hit confirm into sonic boom then RFC > Ultra.

The changes are universal but they help characters like Guile/Rose/Chun a lot more than characters like Akuma, Abel or Sakura. So even if on paper Guile might seem weaker than in AE, he might still be stronger due to all the matchups having changed. He will have less bad matchups, not more.

Plus he said he would stick with Guile, win or lose, low gunshots or not. And that he trusted Combofiend's judgment. Classy guy. :)

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
And that he trusted Combofiend's judgment.
Yeah, Combofiend and the rest of Capcom saw what was up. I'm pretty sure Sim lost his s.MK because it might have been causing some big problems vs taller characters, especially the 3 grapplers. Also, they apparently still have the autocorrect Ultra for Guile.

Sim gained back his EX blast HKD, EX flame has juggle potential now, and I'm guessing better combos in general. Also, the system changes definitely favor zoners and footsie characters.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I don't think Dieminion has played USFIV enough to even say that,but ok.Even if he thinks guile will be pretty bad in this version, how can he overlook the buffs guile is getting from just DWU and the nerfs to his bad MUs.