What's new

USF4 Final Changes released

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
And we E.Ryu mains rejoice!

Seriously, I'm so stoked for these buffs.
Really? I feel like these buffs turned him into something he's not. With Ryu getting cr.MK xx fireball as a blockstring and E.Ryu getting 950 life, these already similar characters are becoming even MORE similar.
Evil Ryu filled a niche before as the resident glass-cannon. You could say Seth and Gouki do that, but I'd call those two 'swiss army knives' instead of 'glass cannons' like Evil Ryu.
I would've been happy if he got a life nerf and more offensive buffs.
Imagine if F+MK put an aerial opponent into a juggle state. SRK FADC F+MK xx HK tatsu could carry them pretty far to the corner, or SRK FADC F+MK xx ex tatsu U1 for some huge damage.

I don't know, I guess I'm just a bit sad that to become 'better', he had to become more like Ryu instead of being his own thing. Sure, he has a dedicated low-crush with F+MK and awesome resets with LK tatsu ~ jab FADC under them, etc but still...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
BUT... If you played a game like SCV or Tekken at a high level, where the use of footsies, high execution and strict frame data is common, it wont be such a big deal, just transfer your FG knowledge to SF, as SF is the FG father, it is not that different.

If you only played injustice, which is not exactly a traditional FG, then you might have some trouble, but it´s for the best. Just practice
Like Qwark said, 3D Fighters and 2D are completely different. NRS games are more like 3D Fighters than 2D so the transition is smoother there, but going from NRS to 2D is a pretty tough transition without prior knowledge.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Dammit why couldn't have added Doctrine Dark from Street Fighter EX series, he was the only new character from that series that I liked. smh.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Previous changelogs specified horizontal, IIRC.
Good to hear. Still kind of wish I could do Cl.HK ~ Cl.MP xx HK Dan kicks or Cl.HK ~ Cl.MP xx knee ~ U2. They fixed the end of the combo, but I feel like the part that needed fixing was the beginning.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

II'm so glad neck breaker is still a hkd
it was putting her at negative on hit in the corner, so the had to revert the nerf back.
I'm glad that now i can target combo blanka and Ryu even if they crouch it.

With this new Red Focus system, this game will be a bit like 3rd Strike now, everything that can't be FADC with be RFADC, and i'm sure ppl will combine both just to armor trough what ever is comming to pull off another EVO 37 moment.

Sami

Noob
On a serious note, my exasperation with standing resets is a bit overdone as it applied to wake-up attacks anyway.

Is there anyone left with a jump-back dive kick? Brewing up some tasty reset mix-ups, fakes and baits outside of just crossing-up with the reset.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
On a serious note, my exasperation with standing resets is a bit overdone as it applied to wake-up attacks anyway.

Is there anyone left with a jump-back dive kick? Brewing up some tasty reset mix-ups, fakes and baits outside of just crossing-up with the reset.
Juri and Cammy have ex command divekicks that can be done while doing a backwards jump. I think T.Hawk might also be able to do the same with his condor dive, not 100% sure though.
Rufus can also jump-back divekick, as can Dee-Jay with his knee and Makoto with her axe kick special.

Sami

Noob
Juri and Cammy have ex command divekicks that can be done while doing a backwards jump. I think T.Hawk might also be able to do the same with his condor dive, not 100% sure though.
Rufus can also jump-back divekick, as can Dee-Jay with his knee and Makoto with her axe kick special.
Juri's backwards one is being removed in USF4 :'(

edit: wait, that might be the normal one

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'm gonna assume these videos are from the most updated version of USF4.

She has tonnes to work with as is. Powerful keepout normals, a respectable anti-air, a 1-bar positive on block hitconfirmable launcher that can lead to resets, setups or an ultra, a 0 bar launcher in LP shouken, she kept runaway air tatsu for 2 iterations that Ryu, Ken and Gouki didn't, along with massive damage and stun output.
Didn't mean to come off like she was gonna suck or anything,is just that we didn't get anything new,just fixes but then again I guess you can't buff perfection.:D

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
it was putting her at negative on hit in the corner, so the had to revert the nerf back.
I'm glad that now i can target combo blanka and Ryu even if they crouch it.

With this new Red Focus system, this game will be a bit like 3rd Strike now, everything that can't be FADC with be RFADC, and i'm sure ppl will combine both just to armor trough what ever is comming to pull off another EVO 37 moment.
Nah, you can't compare RF to 3S parry. Skill requirement aside, RF still gets beat by armor breakers so you can't go through everything.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You'll thank them when a character without a half screen poke makes it out of pools.
Yeah, tbh, it was for the better. I think the cr.LK chain nerf was retarded, though. At least keep him as a character that's got something good offensive.

Man, I can't wait until the Goukens over in JP start incorporating his buffs more. His buffs aren't major, but they do so much in addressing his weaknesses so that they aren't so debilitating.