What's new

USF4 Final Changes released

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its been 5 days and no one posted, well here it is:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/10/ultra-street-fighter-iv-final-change-list-released/

I'm actually satisfyied my Ibuki wen't closely unscratched, all her nerfs got reverted (she doesn't need it) aside from the overhead nerf.
Overall, she looks much better now, and with the Red Focus and UCD i can see the mixups possibilities in the arise.
Can't explain how i'm satisfied with this, all i can say is:

Last edited:
I never really understood how SF combos work...so this doesn't make sense to me.

At least in NRS games, combos are strings and they do something.

Combos in SF seem to be just kicks and jabs?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I never really understood how SF combos work...so this doesn't make sense to me.

There is a free build up combo in SF as long as frames allow it, there are chainnable hits that have enough frame advantage to connect another normal or special, those are regular, and depending of the complexity of certain characters, there are those who do more damage from simply chains, and there are those who do less from simply chains.

And there are the Links, Links are much harder to do, most of them are 1 or 2 frames to connect, it allows in example to conect, an special move, into a normal, into another normal with a room of 1 frame to each one of them, is a lot harder to connect without constant practice, but do a good chunk of damage, this sistem is universal, but the most technical characters of the game might have the harderst links to connect. Like, Ibuki, E.Ryu, Chun li, etc etc...

Evil Ryu can stun someone fast from 2 combos right away
Ibuki can put someone on a hard time to figure out which side to block when she is comboing, because she can end with resets and start doing the same stuff all over again she can stun somone that is having a hard time figuring out what is happening, but this isn't easy, because most of her both direction mixups are stupid in execution level.
Gouken also has some crazy stuff that as the both characters above, and so other technical characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Combos are links based on frame data. If an attack's startup is lower than the frame advantage of an attack on hit, then it will combo (unless other factors such as range or hitboxes interfere).

Gouken's changes are buffs, but I don't feel like they all will actually impact something.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I believe you have to link all of the kicks/jabs yourself, with your "1-frame links", and then you use some kind of special like a Shoryuken or something to extend said combo.

This is just a layman's observation from watching streams.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Combos are links based on frame data. If an attack's startup is lower than the frame advantage of an attack on hit, then it will combo (unless other factors such as range or hitboxes interfere).

Gouken's changes are buffs, but I don't feel like they all will actually impact something.
thanks for simplifying that lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I did some calculation according to the 75% Ultra combo Double damage.

Ibuki Raw Yoroitoshi does originally 501 DMG, Raw Hashinsho does 469
With UCD Raw Yoroitoshi will do: 375.75, and Raw Hashinso will do 352.75 Which is basicaly 38% and 35% respectively, hope it should be enough to kill some characters, that have 1000 points in stamina. Its a double edged sword, you get more options, but it stops being a comeback factor, because that is the damage dealt with the revenge bar fully.

However, RedFocus makes the bar build faster than normal focus absortion, so metsu Hadokens, and all other ultras that doesn't have armor break will get red focused to build up full revenge bars without the life being to low.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Tsumiji got buffed!

I hope this means the loops will work on more characters. One of the things I hated about the loop was that I had to memorize which characters it worked on... Leave it a just frame but don't make me memorize sh*t! lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
While we're on the topic how many of you here are on 360 and still plays AE? I only picked the game up like a month ago because my friend doesn't like 3rd Strike so I had pick up AE to play with him. I find it really slow though compared to 3s but still kind of fun. And watching it is more entertaining as I understand more of what's going on.

Anyways, got sidetracked, anyone want to play me on 360 to help me lvl up? GT is Enuma Eliish I main Ryu but I dabble with Cammy , Dudley and Ken

Sami

Noob
So who's the most like Batgirl in this game? Teleport aside, I mean things like mix-ups, resets, rush-down and usable by complete scrubs. I'll be playing this very casually on a pad so Juri is out (storing fireballs with a pad? fuck that), otherwise it would be her as she looks fun to play with and really annoying to play against.

Vagrant

Noob
T Hawk will now be a threat
Gief isn't as screwed as everyone thinks he is.
Deejay is gonna be alot better
Gouken will be better
E Ryu and Oni both will be better

Uhhh more importantly though can we talk about Guys Ex Hurricane Kick now being 2 frames? wtf

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
T Hawk will now be a threat
Gief isn't as screwed as everyone thinks he is.
Deejay is gonna be alot better
Gouken will be better
E Ryu and Oni both will be better

Uhhh more importantly though can we talk about Guys Ex Hurricane Kick now being 2 frames? wtf
He needs it man.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
So who's the most like Batgirl in this game? Teleport aside, I mean things like mix-ups, resets, rush-down and usable by complete scrubs. I'll be playing this very casually on a pad so Juri is out (storing fireballs with a pad? fuck that), otherwise it would be her as she looks fun to play with and really annoying to play against.
If your fine with charge characters, Decapre seems like she would fit that, though I don't know how scrub friendly she will be.