What's new

USF4 - 1.04 Full Patch notes for December 15th

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/13/full-patch-notes-released-for-ultra-street-fighter-ivs-1-04-update/

I'm pretty sure that is not todays news that there will be a Patch release for tomorrow, although i'm not completely against it, i think some characters doesn't need those fix.

I have to say, i'm extremely salty because Capcom doesn't like Ibuki to Kara-Cancel Backhand Punch and they will nerf it, come on, after all the trouble she got, that is probably her best footsie tool right now and i don't think that needs fixing. The thing that needs fixing are the wonky hurtbox some characters have that she should be able to loop at will, like Guy who was possible to do loops while he was standing, and now it can only be done when it catches him crouching.

Salty over others nerfs as well, as for Ken and Ryu nerfs (poor ryu)

But extremely pumped for the Decapre buffs, holy shit.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Here is my character's "changes".

Poison
-Vitality reduced to 950 from 1000
-Hurtbox in general increased
-Back throw could no longer be done with negative edge
-Close standing HP, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-Far standing MP, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-EX Aeolus Edge, easier to land it on opponent point blank
-Aeolus Edge, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-Whip of Love, hitbox increased greatly
-Love Me Tender, damage reduced to "70 80" from "90 100", recovery frame increased to 19 from 16 on whiff
-EX Kissed By Goddess, 1st hit hitbox increased
-U2, increased range

1.)Hurtbox in general increased. I feel like I should know what this means but can someone explain this to me? lol

2.)Whip of Love, hitbox increased greatly. This is good right? Someone elaborate for me.

3.)Ex Kissed By Goddess, 1st hit hitbox increased. Does this mean I can finally use this move to anti-air?

@Filipino Man

RunwayMafia

Catwoman and WW have small hurtboxes, moves whiff on them for no particular reason, so this might be a nerf.
Okay. That's where I was leaning with my thinking. My friend who plays Ibuki used to complain that some stuff would whiff on Poison...makes sense.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Here is my character's "changes".

Poison
-Vitality reduced to 950 from 1000
-Hurtbox in general increased
-Back throw could no longer be done with negative edge
-Close standing HP, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-Far standing MP, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-EX Aeolus Edge, easier to land it on opponent point blank
-Aeolus Edge, bug fix where counter hit was not recognized properly
-Whip of Love, hitbox increased greatly
-Love Me Tender, damage reduced to "70 80" from "90 100", recovery frame increased to 19 from 16 on whiff
-EX Kissed By Goddess, 1st hit hitbox increased
-U2, increased range

1.)Hurtbox in general increased. I feel like I should know what this means but can someone explain this to me? lol

2.)Whip of Love, hitbox increased greatly. This is good right? Someone elaborate for me.

3.)Ex Kissed By Goddess, 1st hit hitbox increased. Does this mean I can finally use this move to anti-air?
1.) Error answered that one
2) It means the range on the move was increased, so yes it's good.
3.) Same as above

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
that gief buff is major. means any hit with a full super bar = half health gone plus gief on top of you.

decapre lookin crazy, FADC combos off of rapid daggers sounds nice, also on block get more pressure. super cancel off of cr. hp opens more possiblities. far standing MP buff helps her get in in the mid range. might have to switch back to her cuz guy didnt get anything :(

RunwayMafia

that gief buff is major. means any hit with a full super bar = half health gone plus gief on top of you.

decapre lookin crazy, FADC combos off of rapid daggers sounds nice, also on block get more pressure. super cancel off of cr. hp opens more possiblities. far standing MP buff helps her get in in the mid range. might have to switch back to her cuz guy didnt get anything :(
Decapre looks great. I am soooooo looking forward to Omega Decapre mostly because she will be a command character instead of charge.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
omega mode patch tomorrow
hype lol
Everyone's ignoring the true rebalancing. :)

Though, Decapre's balance changes are great. ^_^

@gamemk SFIV DeeJay wouldn't do much to destroy the game because it'd take a lot to make him not garbage lol. At least they gave him back invincible LK sobat and kept it mostly safe.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Can someone knowledgable tier the grapplers for me, taking the patch notes into consideration? I'm aware this will obviously be mostly speculative, but I'd still appreciate it nonetheless.