What's new

Uses/setups for EX kanoball

Plop

Noob
I was just messin about in the lab with Kano and i came across a kinda useful(-ish) use for the EX Kanoball. If everyone already knows about this then I'm sorry for posting a new thread, but i have some questions as well.

Basically, i did a 212, b11xxEXknives, EXKanoball.

Now, the 212, b11xxEXKnives do 26% (29% with a jump in punch), and the EXKanoball does 12%. Whats interesting about this is that the kanoball doesnt actually kombo with the 212,b11xxEXKnives, but hits them before they can do anything about it, even before they hit the floor. (its almost like the kanoball picks them up from the floor slightly). Thus, not scaling.
Altogether, this totals up to 38% (41% with the jp,which is pretty good for Kano). and, although it does use 2 bars of meter, its pretty simple to pull off. I've never bothered with the EX Kanoball before because i always found it too tricky to pull off, but as soon i found that you need to hold block as soon as you press down (forward, down/holdblock, back, forward, release block), i realised that its really quite simple.

This got me thinking about the EXKano ball. I never use it, even though its got the armour. I'm thinking of using it now, but i'm not too sure about the armour properties it has. I know it only has armour if you dont charge it, but does it have armour for the duration of the move? How many hits can it absorb? Can someone fill me in on this stuff please?

Also, i was wondering if anyone's found any decent setups for the fully charged unblockable version. There's gotta be SOME use for it right? I'm not very good at coming up with this kinda stuff on my own so if anyone's got any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it

Diolch yn fawr :)

EDIT: I've just been messing about with this some more. Turns out you can do this after pretty much any juggle AND it works with REGULAR knives. How i didnt notice this before, i do not know. Although, i personally can only get it to work with the regular knives if i do b11xxknives instead of b12xxknives.I've recorded some videos...

This is the version with the regular knives. The dummy in both of these videos is actually set to block, but as soon as i pressed record the bitch stopped blocking. I kept it simple because whenever go to to record something my fingers forget what to do.

This is the EN knives version. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it doesnt usually switch sides like that but whatever. Whats good about it is that the changes in gravity dont seem to matter.

Btw, this also works in the corner, resulting in some pretty good damage
This probably works exactly the same as Smoke's EN Smokebomb reset, meaning that although it seems to work fine in practice mode, if the opponent is holding block it has to be timed PERFECTLY to work properly. The difference i've found though, is that if you try the smokebomb reset in arcade mode, the computer blocks it, but it dont block this.
Its been working fine for me online too. Maybe thats because my opponents are just completely unaware of it. Who knows. More research needs to be done.

I just wish there was a way to follow up from this like Smoke can, a 98% reset would be lush...

"He needs it!"

NKZero

Noob
I don't think it's a bad find actually. But the fact that it takes 2 bars is a waste in my opinion. Even 1 bar with Kano is questionable because you need meter for breakers or his x-ray imo. However, it would be useful if you are closing out a match I guess so it does have a use.

I don't use the EX Kano ball either. It has start-up armour (don't know frame details). After charging it loses armour but then becomes unblock able (but who's gonna stare at you for five seconds before you release the Kano ball lol).

Thinking about it, perhaps sending the opponent to the other side of the screen and via up ball or something could then allow you to set-up the EX Kano ball. Of course if the opponent does a wake-up then you can't execute the move. If they don't it could allow you enough time to charge the ball up and let rip.

Simple find out how many frames it takes for this to happen then find a move that helps cut off atleast 3/4 of the time and you have new tech :) I'll try to figure this out!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
i thought about doing f1,2-EX ball and charge to unblockable, can someone see if thats viable or not?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
i thought about doing f1,2-EX ball and charge to unblockable, can someone see if thats viable or not?
As much as I would love to see new tech for the ExBall, I don't have an ounce of faith for the charged version.
Even though it will fool the AI quite a bit, no human who has played the game more than 15 mins is going to
allow you to complete the charge and connect it. They either toss a projectile, or dodge it completely.

Sure, you'll get an initial "WTF?" but once that half-second has passed, you're getting a spear/fan/gasblast/freezeball to your naughty bits.

But if F1,2-ChargedBall starts to work for you, preferably offline, it could be something to explore.
Here's to hoping.

Plop

Noob
f1,2 is actually quite a nice theory. I just had a little play about with it in training mode. I think if the charge took a second less (at the very least) or actually had half decent armour properties we could be onto something here. Its gotta be the longest charging move in the game,am i right? It just seams to be too open. I havent tested it in an actual match though, so who knows.

I wanna know what NRS were thinking when they gave this move the properties they did. How did they think this could be beneficial? Is there something we don't know that they're just waiting for us to figure out?

Or were they just being dicks?

Its like a big, wompin, delicious lookin chocolate cake...but with dogshit icing

"This is not just a chocolate cake, this is an NRS chocolate cake"
(Non-UK residents won't get that reference btw)

MagicMan357

Plop Ive actually known of this since mk9's release, it just seems like its pointless even if it worked unless you can find a bigger combo variant so it can do good damage with 1 bar. Remember the target damage you would want to beat is 42/43% since thats what he can achieve with one EX knife.

Try this against a human if you can, have them hold block or try a wake up

Im feeling that this can be a possible setup against certain characters

Plop

Noob
Plop Ive actually known of this since mk9's release, it just seems like its pointless even if it worked unless you can find a bigger combo variant so it can do good damage with 1 bar. Remember the target damage you would want to beat is 42/43% since thats what he can achieve with one EX knife.

Try this against a human if you can, have them hold block or try a wake up

Im feeling that this can be a possible setup against certain characters
How do you achieve 42/43%? i've seen one or 2 combos posted on here that reach around about that by following the EN knives with...some strings, i cant remember. I found those too difficult to pull off though, which is why i use this.

A quick example. 212, 212, b11xxknives, ENkanoball does 40% in total (43% with a jip) and its pipsy to do. Kano just builds meter so quickly that i dont see any reason not to throw out the odd EN move every now and then (although, i know alot of Kano players will disagree with me)

I will try it out with a human though. Soon, hopefully :)

MagicMan357

@Plops

JiP-f3,b2-b1,1-EX Knives-f1,2-upball 42%

exchange f1,2 with b1,2 for 43%, the latter is harder though

just an idea, it might let you reset your opponent, see if can dash up and d3 or something lol i dunno

Plop

Noob
see if can dash up and d3 or something lol i dunno
Yeah that aint happenin lol. I just had a quick fiddle, might be able to get something in the corner. I cant be bothered right now though :coffee:lol. I've got a feeling though, if anything, by that point it'll either be too tricky or too much meter will be going into it. I like the EXKanoball cos its just a nice and easy little 12% to slap on the end of your combos, kinda like the smokebomb or Scorpion's hellfire

Do you use that combo in matches? I just cannot, for the absolute LIFE of me, follow up after that EXknife. lol

MagicMan357

Yeah that aint happenin lol. I just had a quick fiddle, might be able to get something in the corner. I cant be bothered right now though :coffee:lol. I've got a feeling though, if anything, by that point it'll either be too tricky or too much meter will be going into it. I like the EXKanoball cos its just a nice and easy little 12% to slap on the end of your combos, kinda like the smokebomb or Scorpion's hellfire

Do you use that combo in matches? I just cannot, for the absolute LIFE of me, follow up after that EXknife. lol
Plop The thing about it is that its really risky because you have to juggle the opponent at the highest point, some practice will def help though

I found out that if you set the AI to roll and auto block, it will get blocked. So now we are back to square one -__-

Plop

Noob
I found out that if you set the AI to roll and auto block, it will get blocked. So now we are back to square one -__-

Gutted :(

also, some wake-ups maaaay be a problem too.

Just tried holding block on the other control and it blocks like a motherfucker.
Its been working for me online, but evidedently that's been because my opponents didnt think to hold block. Come to think of it, nobody really holds block all through a combo. Unless you're against Smoke. Abusing this will not do me any favours. So in future, i think i'll be ending all my combos with a knife and whipping this out when i believe the coast is clear.

I still think this has a use in-game, but just as a cheeky surprise or a novelty 12% more than anything though :(

Back to the drawing board!

MagicMan357

Plop i wish there was a use but i really think NRs did a slop job

Had i updated kano, i wouldve made it so you could cancel the EXball for combo extension and gave the armor to his EX choke

but those are just dreams, do you have psn btw?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Simple find out how many frames it takes for this to happen then find a move that helps cut off atleast 3/4 of the time and you have new tech :) I'll try to figure this out!
Choke, they HAVE to wake up because you can hold the ball and it will go through block if they stand block. Not sure if it hits low block but yeah, give this a go.

Plop

Noob
Plop i wish there was a use but i really think NRs did a slop job
Or as we say in Wales - "Shower o' shit!" lol
Had i updated kano, i wouldve made it so you could cancel the EXball for combo extension and gave the armor to his EX choke

but those are just dreams, do you have psn btw?
That's a pretty damn good idea if i do say so myself! As for the armour on the choke, I've still got my fingers crossed for this supposed hotfix ;)

Oh, and PSN: Plopalina :)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Does anyone finishes combos with JK Throw? If they don't wake up is 50/50 for you. If you cach them with b23 knifes is again 50/50. If you cach them with f3b2 and finish the combo with JK Throw......another 50/50. Don't forget wake ups and X-rays.Try it..........

OmyMk

Noob
Ok now, so about this Ex Kano ball pseudo-reset:
It can be achieved if:
- ending juggles in knives/ex knives.
- ending juggles in b1,1,2 combo.
- after f3,3 combo.
We all know it's not a true reset (it can be blocked), but after succesfully landing this a few times, opponents will start blocking after they hit the ground wich leads to other options like throw, 50-50, blockstring.
My personal favorite combo ender is f1,1 xx knives wich leaves the opponent pretty close, tempting the opponent to wakeup attack wich Ex ball will stuff, or u can just block and punish after.

So in combining the ideas of the "EX Sleeper execution" thread with this one, doing the combo b2f1, EX knife, straight ball is 32%. Doing b2f1, EX knife, EX straight ball is 34%. But if you do the EX straight ball a milisecond later, as mentioned in this thread, it doesn't connect into the combo and just adds the EX Ball's damage in addition.

So it does 23% for the combo and 12 % added on. For a whopping 1% more than if it connected. :p The whole idea of wasting a 2nd bar of meter for an extra 2% or 3% is stupid. But after reading these threads, I was playing around in practice, and I thought I'd share.

OmyMk

Noob
So in combining the ideas of the "EX Sleeper execution" thread with this one, doing the combo b2f1, EX knife, straight ball is 32%. Doing b2f1, EX knife, EX straight ball is 34%. But if you do the EX straight ball a milisecond later, as mentioned in this thread, it doesn't connect into the combo and just adds the EX Ball's damage in addition.

So it does 23% for the combo and 12 % added on. For a whopping 1% more than if it connected. :p The whole idea of wasting a 2nd bar of meter for an extra 2% or 3% is stupid. But after reading these threads, I was playing around in practice, and I thought I'd share.
Just that the Ex Ball will get blocked. In this situation the standard "Ex Sleeper" combo will do the trick. But u never know when u catch them by surprise.

I was just messin about in the lab with Kano and i came across a kinda useful(-ish) use for the EX Kanoball. If everyone already knows about this then I'm sorry for posting a new thread, but i have some questions as well.

Basically, i did a 212, b11xxEXknives, EXKanoball.

Now, the 212, b11xxEXKnives do 26% (29% with a jump in punch), and the EXKanoball does 12%. Whats interesting about this is that the kanoball doesnt actually kombo with the 212,b11xxEXKnives, but hits them before they can do anything about it, even before they hit the floor. (its almost like the kanoball picks them up from the floor slightly). Thus, not scaling.
Altogether, this totals up to 38% (41% with the jp,which is pretty good for Kano). and, although it does use 2 bars of meter, its pretty simple to pull off. I've never bothered with the EX Kanoball before because i always found it too tricky to pull off, but as soon i found that you need to hold block as soon as you press down (forward, down/holdblock, back, forward, release block), i realised that its really quite simple.

This got me thinking about the EXKano ball. I never use it, even though its got the armour. I'm thinking of using it now, but i'm not too sure about the armour properties it has. I know it only has armour if you dont charge it, but does it have armour for the duration of the move? How many hits can it absorb? Can someone fill me in on this stuff please?

Also, i was wondering if anyone's found any decent setups for the fully charged unblockable version. There's gotta be SOME use for it right? I'm not very good at coming up with this kinda stuff on my own so if anyone's got any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it

Diolch yn fawr :)

EDIT: I've just been messing about with this some more. Turns out you can do this after pretty much any juggle AND it works with REGULAR knives. How i didnt notice this before, i do not know. Although, i personally can only get it to work with the regular knives if i do b11xxknives instead of b12xxknives.I've recorded some videos...

This is the version with the regular knives. The dummy in both of these videos is actually set to block, but as soon as i pressed record the bitch stopped blocking. I kept it simple because whenever go to to record something my fingers forget what to do.

This is the EN knives version. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it doesnt usually switch sides like that but whatever. Whats good about it is that the changes in gravity dont seem to matter.

Btw, this also works in the corner, resulting in some pretty good damage
This probably works exactly the same as Smoke's EN Smokebomb reset, meaning that although it seems to work fine in practice mode, if the opponent is holding block it has to be timed PERFECTLY to work properly. The difference i've found though, is that if you try the smokebomb reset in arcade mode, the computer blocks it, but it dont block this.
Its been working fine for me online too. Maybe thats because my opponents are just completely unaware of it. Who knows. More research needs to be done.

I just wish there was a way to follow up from this like Smoke can, a 98% reset would be lush...

"He needs it!"
lol jut found this myself with the cpu blocking and it reset. f3b2, dash 212 reg. knife, then ex ball a second later to hit them up making it do more damage, aka reset. thought it wouldnt work and they could block it but no. lol my point is i did this and was about to video it, lol good thing i checked the threads before wasting time.