What's new

Uses of 21212

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Right, I only the other day managed to be able to do the chained fist string whenever I wanted without getting the overhead at the end, and I've been looking at setups for it and such.

But the one thing that always bothered me (and other KL players) is that hit confirming this string leads to alot less damage than just hit confirming 21.

Literally just now found a combo that makes the damage even up to the 2 1 hitconfirm, its harder than his normal bnb but can see it working consistently with a lil practice.

21212xxspin JKDK JKDK 24 grab 2 is 33%
Whereas 21xxspin JKDK DK 24 grab 2 is 35%

Have fun chippin away with this string. Especially when you have X-ray

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Has to be a corner combo, two dive kicks midscreen and the opponent drops to the floor like a stone, much like double teleport combos.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Right, I only the other day managed to be able to do the chained fist string whenever I wanted without getting the overhead at the end, and I've been looking at setups for it and such.

But the one thing that always bothered me (and other KL players) is that hit confirming this string leads to alot less damage than just hit confirming 21.

Literally just now found a combo that makes the damage even up to the 2 1 hitconfirm, its harder than his normal bnb but can see it working consistently with a lil practice.

21212xxspin JKDK JKDK 24 grab 2 is 33%
Whereas 21xxspin JKDK DK 24 grab 2 is 35%

Have fun chippin away with this string. Especially when you have X-ray
I love this string.

so tom said it was punishable by dash up fast normals. So I can't get a hold of mk until tomorrow but I saw at VSM last week that maxter punished it with the f3 which is 9 frames. so still a lot of characters have a 9 frame normal like subzero, raiden and you have sektor, sonya, jax and others who have even faster normals. This gave me a reason to make more use of b1 f1 off of cross over/jumpinpunches for meter building. why is nobody using it off of jumpins anyway? its 0 on block and gives good pushback for 24overhead I think, Im gonna try this out tomorrow.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
so tom said it was punishable by dash up fast normals. So I can't get a hold of mk until tomorrow but I saw at VSM last week that maxter punished it with the f3 which is 9 frames. so still a lot of characters have a 9 frame normal like subzero, raiden and you have sektor, sonya, jax and others who have even faster normals. This gave me a reason to make more use of b1 f1 off of cross over/jumpinpunches for meter building. why is nobody using it off of jumpins anyway? its 0 on block and gives good pushback for 24overhead I think, Im gonna try this out tomorrow.
Using b1f1 is actually a good idea. It has horrible start-up so you cant just throw it out like 212121 (which has 7 execution frames). But it builds about the same chip, is cancelable into spin for big damage (same as 21 and 24 scaling), hits mid, and has a good vertical and horizontal hitbox. Never thought about this before, good stuff. But Using Cage's f3 to punish 212121 is special, its an advancing normal with a ridiculous hitbox. Any other 9 frame normal wont cut it, i fear.

Using b1f1 is actually a good idea. It has horrible start-up so you cant just throw it out like 212121 (which has 7 execution frames). But Using Cage's f3 to punish 212121 is special, its an advancing normal with a ridiculous hitbox. Any other 9 frame normal wont cut it, i fear.
You sure? But raiden cant still punish with superman and sektor+sonya must be able tp punish it with their normals, jax might be able to punish it since th f4 is 8 frames? I hope not so that I can blow him up if I block F4.

UsedForGlue

so tom said it was punishable by dash up fast normals.
Dude, I love Tom, and I really like everything he does for the community, and he is theoretically bang on the money, that it can be punished by anyone with 9 frame or faster normal, but in high level fights Ive been punished after 112 on block for trying a throw, but that doesn't mean I can't go for that as an option, no way, BUT you have to improvise in your fights and sometimes you go for things like this string as they serve a specific purpose.

We don't play against robots that punish everything perfectly everytime under pressure, Tom even used 334 :ex Fireballs with Raiden on many occasions even though he knew it wasn't 100% safe and not a perfectly brilliant idea but he gambled, and thats ok, sometimes it pays off, nor do I hold it against anyone for sticking an arm out like that.

I see this the same way with Kung Lao, and it being punishable doesn't make it a bad string. (I'm not implying that you think this)

But most importantly, when Kung Lao has :x, then go to town on this string.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i think a dude with a sektor avatar posted this double dk string mid screen bnb last weekk in etc mcfly thread, good shit none the less

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
You sure? But raiden cant still punish with superman and sektor+sonya must be able tp punish it with their normals, jax might be able to punish it since th f4 is 8 frames? I hope not so that I can blow him up if I block F4.
212121 is -13 on block, so yeah Raiden and Jax can punish it. Im skeptical with other characters because 212121 has good pushback (note that 212121 is not the overhead, 2121212 is)

Garasky

Noob
So there is really no reason to do the 212121 unless you going for chip dmg? Hmm ... 112 can gointo spin as well with about the same dmg

UsedForGlue

So there is really no reason to do the 212121 unless you going for chip dmg? Hmm ... 112 can gointo spin as well with about the same dmg
You can hit confirm into :x and Spin on hit, you can push the opponent back on block and punish them with an :x if they try ti punish you.

You can hit confirm on block into :ex teleport, or even special teleport if you want.

And it looks badass.

It has its uses.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Just wanted to point out that the overhead is NOT 212121 or 2121212.

The overhead is done by hitting 1+2 during the rapid punches. (the flurry after the first 21)
Anything else (assuming you do not hit 1 and 2 at the same time) will result in the safe ender. This means you could theoretically hit confirm the overhead. (albeit it would be hard to do)

Good stuff Foxy. Sweet combo.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Just wanted to point out that the overhead is NOT 212121 or 2121212.

The overhead is done by hitting 1+2 during the rapid punches. (the flurry after the first 21)
Anything else (assuming you do not hit 1 and 2 at the same time) will result in the safe ender. This means you could theoretically hit confirm the overhead. (albeit it would be hard to do)

Good stuff Foxy. Sweet combo.
Its already well known that 1+2 doenst do the overhead. Its ending with 2 that matters. Trust me, i've tested this time and time again, ending with 2 gives the overhead, ending with 1 is the "safe ender" (it isnt safe)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
212121 is -13 on block, so yeah Raiden and Jax can punish it. Im skeptical with other characters because 212121 has good pushback (note that 212121 is not the overhead, 2121212 is)
Ermac probably can too. Lift is at 13f, but it must be a just frame punish. Kinda risky.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ermac probably can too. Lift is at 13f, but it must be a just frame punish. Kinda risky.
Well if you are at -13 and you do a 13 frame move...i think you have a 50/50 chance of both things happening. 50% chance you can block, 50% chance you get hit.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well if you are at -13 and you do a 13 frame move...i think you have a 50/50 chance of both things happening. 50% chance you can block, 50% chance you get hit.
What about dash in and then do 12 to lift ?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
What about dash in and then do 12 to lift ?
12 is 11 frames so you got 2 frames to dash in...but then again 12 has massive horizontal range. I think you can, but it would be quite the feat. You definitely can do a 312 blockstring though, providing KL doesnt spin in anticipation.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
All you do is press 21 and then 212 quickly in rapid succession to receive the 2nd part of the juggle punch animation. Optioning the overhead at the end of this string is performed with a 1+2 after pressing 21212 as RM_Smoke has previously stated. Cancel options are off of 21 or 21212.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
All you do is press 21 and then 212 quickly in rapid succession to receive the 2nd part of the juggle punch animation. Optioning the overhead at the end of this string is performed with a 1+2 after pressing 21212 as RM_Smoke has previously stated. Cancel options are off of 21 or 21212.
Thank you Sao. If i must make a video i will. You can mash 2 all you want, do 21212222222222 x10000 it will never happen.
I do 21212 and then do 1+2 during the flurry punches and get it every time.

Perhaps you are hitting 1+2 by accident without even realizing it? I mean i'm not sure what to tell you, i tested it all today and there is no way in hell 2 does the overhead...