What's new

Uses for Cat Stance + 1

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
For whatever reason I really like this move but I can't seem to find a decent place to use it (combo or otherwise) I know it is decent in getting someone off of you and if timed right can be used after the Pickpocket combo to add a little damage, but that's the only place I know I can use it in a combo. So does anyone know of any other way to use this move in a combo?

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
For whatever reason I really like this move but I can't seem to find a decent place to use it (combo or otherwise) I know it is decent in getting someone off of you and if timed right can be used after the Pickpocket combo to add a little damage, but that's the only place I know I can use it in a combo. So does anyone know of any other way to use this move in a combo?
It is used in her corner combos and if you are playing vs a female char, 12 cat stance1 combos midscreen which you can follow with a b3

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
CS 1 is not a move that you can just throw out randomly. You can use it after strings like 112, f112, and b12d3 to add some extra block damage. It works best after a 112 hit confirm to stagger them, dash up and throw or continue pressure. Other than that, it's used in corner combos instead of cat claws because it doesn't scale the damage down as much.
Example in corner: f112xxCS1, f2xxup whip, 112xxMB cat dash, trait.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I use it against Doomsday as a time waster when he's traited up. Block string into it. Takes up time and pushes her out.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
Its also my number 1 punish against against Hawkgirls mace charge.

Interesting, never thought of using CS1 to punish mace charge. Do you use it by itself? Or do you use a string into it? I'd test and experiment with it but i'm at work unfortunately.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Interesting, never thought of using CS1 to punish mace charge. Do you use it by itself? Or do you use a string into it? I'd test and experiment with it but i'm at work unfortunately.
I'm releasing a video later today...but yeah it's a read. If I can see that they are going to mace charge and I just go straight into cat stance and hit them with 1 and you can get a full combo punish.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Does this only work after 1f2 or can you WU with CS while banes pressuring you with his specials?
http://testyourmight.com/threads/wakeup-catstance-punishing-banes-knockdown-pressure.41783/

Certain catstance moves can avoid certain attacks from Bane. But he controls his distance from you, and that effects it. You can't cause the DP to whiff when you're not up close, because of the downward motion of the hitbox. The 1F2 knockdown into dash puts you at point blank and causes the attacks to whiff over you, and also lets you hit him out of a raging charge before he starts running.