What's new

Tech Uses for B4

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hi all, much like the u3 thread this is for talk about rakas b4 normal
(noticed a bit of talk spilled into the u+3 thread)

...and this is one of barakas best normals imo

so lets look at the data (thanks to somberness)

startup: 25 frames
becomes active: 26 frame
block: +11
hit: +33, +30 (on tech roll)
duration (startup,active and recovery): 42

*as the move recovers very fast it is great to whiff it as a bait to charge or excharge, even spin for jumpers

*it otgs sleeping opponents into a +11 frametrap

*messes up ALOT and i mean alot of wakeups because of it lowered hitbox, also will go under alot of normals/projectiles when timed right also

*great in the footsies game for messing up opponent dash ins or at times jip/crossover attempts
(also very handy after raka's backdash)

*B4 (on hit) to D3 leaves oppenent standing
B4 (on hit) to D3~slices/spin gives a mini juggle combo or reset to standing while building meter depending on oppenents blocking.
your even able to do b4, d1 ~ xray and it will combo.
in corner B4 on hit to spin is unscaled damage if it hits (strict link)

*is a awesome +11 on block, rakas most plus on block move
D4 in the corner is guarenteed after a blocked B4 (link d4 to special if they try jump)
B3 50/50 mixup option with 6 frame gap for escape
F2 50/50 mixup option with a 8 frame gap for escape
dash into 3,4,f4 and throw also some mixups from a blocked B4 after is respected

*corner combo ender
b4 can be used as a combo ender with alot of follow up options.
you can do the somecubanguy reset with b4..d4~ex slices, 4~slices or f44.
you also have the option to try b4..b3/f2 for a guaranteed 50/50 attempt

VOR

Noob
I want to try and see how b4 works on block at different ranges. I haven't used b4 a ton, but I can imagine it on an opponent's wakeup, it would be a good way to keep them blocking. If they stagger their wakeup, you have the benefit of quick recovery. I hope the threat of b4 turns into an opening for f2. I don't think d1 or d3 slices will die, it'll just be better understood. I think there's still openings for it. More to test in the lab though...

1man3letters

I want to try and see how b4 works on block at different ranges. I haven't used b4 a ton, but I can imagine it on an opponent's wakeup, it would be a good way to keep them blocking. If they stagger their wakeup, you have the benefit of quick recovery. I hope the threat of b4 turns into an opening for f2. I don't think d1 or d3 slices will die, it'll just be better understood. I think there's still openings for it. More to test in the lab though...
yes theres a opening for f2 after your oppenent figures out once you block rakas b4 you must block a d4
also

not sayin d1/d3~slicies is useless, just not as good a alot of people say, its not his go to tool, it just a tool

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Sometimes I like NRS' whacky inconsistent frame data. It makes the characters more interesting!

1man3letters

just another note,if aa a opp starting to jump, a follow up spin or poke~special is available , looks so weird when u do it

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
b+4 is for a maybe situation, not something to truly incorporate in game play. I've still been thinking about it for awhile and its still too slow and risky.

1man3letters

b+4 is for a maybe situation, not something to truly incorporate in game play. I've still been thinking about it for awhile and its still too slow and risky.
yea wasnt saying it should be used as much as f4 but the move does have alot of uses for when you can fit it in,
like +11 on block, the most + on block thing baraka has, great range but yes slow startup, also makes his hitbox crazy low,
no way it should be totally ignored

how is it risky also? its +11 on block and recovers nearly instantly on whiff, very little can hit it in its startup frames because his hitbox is so low

1man3letters

There are characters as well that gains more advantage after a sweep, so every character should sweep? Like shang, he has a way better back + 4 than baraka.
no im not sayin that, all way saying was we should explore other options like u mentioned and b4 is a option,mightnt be the best one all the time but thats why this thread is here to discuss it and thanks for your input

on shang b4, i really dont know why u saying its way better than barakas....

shangs b4. 21 frames-o on block-+22 on hit
rakas b4, 26 frames-+11 on block-+33 on hit

id take those extra 5 frames startup for extra +11 on block and +11 more on hit anyday

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Played Big D's Nightwolf and Ermac last couple of nights using B+4 shenanigans. He and I both agree, that shit is too good lol. It's near impossible to punish, and if it hits you, D+3 for a tricky reset, if it's blocked you get free pressure. The only way to beat it is by random pokes. I highly recommend implementing the move in your arsenal guys...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1man3letters

its better than good my freind,
that i dont make threads often, when i do i make them count ;)

with the things b4 can do, honestly any raka play would be stupid to ignore this move