What's new

Uses for B12/B12U3/B12D3?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Was wondering what purpose these strings serve considering that all of them are unsafe on block aside from B12U3 which still doesn't actually lead to anything, and B2 still has the same startup and reaches further or at least the same distance from what I've seen, I guess it does more damage so that's nice?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Was wondering what purpose these strings serve considering that all of them are unsafe on block aside from B12U3 which still doesn't actually lead to anything, and B2 still has the same startup and reaches further or at least the same distance from what I've seen, I guess it does more damage so that's nice?
the only thing close I've found is that it does the most chip of any of his strings on block, but last time I checked was a long time ago so that could've changed by now, and I might just be mistaken anyway

Cursa

I've noticed it isn't terribly negative when cancelled into trait, I'll have to do some testing to find out the actual frames though.

Edit - It's pretty negative lol

Last edited:

Cursa

the only thing close I've found is that it does the most chip of any of his strings on block, but last time I checked was a long time ago so that could've changed by now, and I might just be mistaken anyway
I just went and tested and 212 does more than B12 :( But B12 with either U3 or D3 does more chip so there's that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I just went and tested and 212 does more than B12 :( But B12 with either U3 or D3 does more chip so there's that.
I think b12u3 is the best chip you can do safely without a gap, so you can just do it for the meter, and b12 is really easy to hit confirm if you're expecting mashers.

Wigy

There it is...
Doesnt it hit multiple times quickly so armour breaking

also better aerial hitbox

I only use robin for shits and giggles but thats what i’ve noticed

Cursa

Doesnt it hit multiple times quickly so armour breaking

also better aerial hitbox

I only use robin for shits and giggles but thats what i’ve noticed
Might actually be useful stuff. Like if I use swoop on hit, I don't MB it because I want to keep them in my B2 range, but they can back-dash my followup and then MB B3 for a combo which sucks. Also works if they jump back instead since B2 is pretty low for a mid while B12 just hits everywhere.

Hankiro

Noob
Fun fact, if you start with 212 and end with 212, you actually get less damage than if you had ended with b12. Any other time 212 will do more except for this one starter. I haven't found much use for the other two you mentioned outside of catching someone off guard due to unfamiliarity, but it'll usually only work once. You can catch a really bad player off guard by doing b12d3 and then next time around doing b12xxbounce cancel... but this shits useless.

Actually no.. b1 is actually not a bad whiff punisher if your opponent is too close and you think B2 might get stuffed. I use it sometimes on a backdash against Superman if my timing is off and he's closer than I want him to be.

Most likely these strings would have some use on kd for setup, you might be guaranteed a dash up meaty grab or dash up njp to beat certain wakeups. I haven't really labbed these strings though so feel free to prove me wrong

Cursa

Fun fact, if you start with 212 and end with 212, you actually get less damage than if you had ended with b12. Any other time 212 will do more except for this one starter. I haven't found much use for the other two you mentioned outside of catching someone off guard due to unfamiliarity, but it'll usually only work once. You can catch a really bad player off guard by doing b12d3 and then next time around doing b12xxbounce cancel... but this shits useless.

Actually no.. b1 is actually not a bad whiff punisher if your opponent is too close and you think B2 might get stuffed. I use it sometimes on a backdash against Superman if my timing is off and he's closer than I want him to be.

Most likely these strings would have some use on kd for setup, you might be guaranteed a dash up meaty grab or dash up njp to beat certain wakeups. I haven't really labbed these strings though so feel free to prove me wrong
212 is his only HDK string though isn't it?