What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Uses for 11?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Does 11 ice ball connect when punishing? Does it anti air at all? Is it useable to create pressure? I'm curious to know if others are using it at all an how?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Does 11 ice ball connect when punishing? Does it anti air at all? Is it useable to create pressure? I'm curious to know if others are using it at all an how?
Punish unsafe strings like Quan's b324(?). That's pretty much all I use it for... It does connect with ice ball without the use of meter. No real pressure, as far as I know, and it isn't that good as an anti air. Just use standing 1 to anti crossover and follow up with f42 grab/slide or 123 slide.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
11 xx ice ball connects and is the fastest punish string SZ has, albeit short range. I use it where b12 won't be fast enough, or if I'm unsure I can punish (a good in between is f33, but you need a bar to freeze obviously).

As an anti-air? I've never done it personally, but it looks like it could work.

For pressure, it depends on the variation. It's a decent 50/50 in cryomancer between 113 low and 11 xx ex crushing hammer overhead. I say decent because you could go make a sandwich and still come back in time to block the OH on reaction.

A lot of SZ players I've seen like too use it to freeze with clone in the corner too, when b12 won't connect.
- b2, b2, d1, b12 xx clone OR 11 xx clone...

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Anyone not punishing with 11 ice ball needs to start , it's great! Found a good way to start the first round with an aggressive opponent is to back dash into 11 iceball , if they jump forward or use a fast advancing attack it catches them everytime, and yea s1 works great against crossover jumps thanks

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Blowing them up with 11 starters , 11ice ball punish , 114 when they start blocking high. Run in 11 blowing up armored wake ups! Haven't hit the lab to see exactly which ones it works consistently on but it's gotta be a lot because it's worked on many so far. I'm favoring the 11 over the b2 and b33 !

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
In case anyone missed it, you can duck (Balanced) Kenshi tele-flurry (high) from full screen, run in, and whiff punish with 11. Completely changes the match up

11~df2~b is an OS for 11 punishes. Because you cant hit confirm 11, using the OS will only have the ice ball come out if the attack hits. If you mistime the punish and 11 is blocked, you get 112 instead of 11~ice ball.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
11 is Sub's fastest punisher. 11~Ice Ball.
Rarely used though, since b12 usually covers everything and does more damage.
Also, first hit of 11 is high. Second hit can usually be poked under.

In case anyone missed it, you can duck (Balanced) Kenshi tele-flurry (high) from full screen, run in, and whiff punish with 11. Completely changes the match up
...not quite.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Sage, when you say "not quite" in response to a post that has 2 positive statements, no one knows what you're referring to. So which part seems wrong to you?

Lokheit

Noob
Is a fast punisher but the short range makes F3,3 better for punishing IMO as many punishable moves push you a bit and 1,1 won't connect.

In Cryomancer some time ago I realized there is a use of 1,1,1 for 37% damage in the corner (1 bar): 1,1,1~EXBOMB~B2~1~F4,2,1+3. Which is the most damage I've been able to find out of our faster punisher, but again, 1 has very short range and it's not always advisable to punish with it.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Is a fast punisher but the short range makes F3,3 better for punishing IMO as many punishable moves push you a bit and 1,1 won't connect.

In Cryomancer some time ago I realized there is a use of 1,1,1 for 37% damage in the corner (1 bar): 1,1,1~EXBOMB~B2~1~F4,2,1+3. Which is the most damage I've been able to find out of our faster punisher, but again, 1 has very short range and it's not always advisable to punish with it.
F33 needs meter to get anything tho, and B12 / F4 are both meterless advancing punishes