What's new

Guide - Mystic use of ex overhead

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
so i main ermac and i've never really used his ex istant air db2...i've seen players throwing it out every once in a while, but not a big fun of it personally..i mean one bar? for no damage midscreen and only plus 2 on block..
though, i see the use of it at the corner..it could be pretty useful since ermac doesn't have a fully unpunishable overhead that gives him damage...ex i.a. db2 solves the problem at least damage wise ang gives him another cool tool to use..
i noticed that if not somewhat frame perfect if u jump forward and the do i.a. db2 it misses...so to solve the problem since i don't feel to waste a bar for nothing how about using it after a push knockdown in the corner..after that u have a free dush in into jump back punch to apply pressure, what if i do ex overhead after that, i can 50/50 after it because i can jump back punch then b3 for a low or i can ex overhead right after the jump punch..i mean its safe and solves the problem of execution i believe..
also i don't see an advantage in using that ex overhead point blank on your opponent's face because u dont have a great low conditioning game with ermac, so your opponent should be blocking high for the most..
what u think? any suggestions?

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I mean you can get 20 or 22% midscreen by going into lift after your ex blast. I'm at work and I don't recall the exact percentage. But you're right though, I don't go for it midscreen that much unless I really need the 20% and I'm confident it'll work. Midscreen I prefer to use regular instant air burst and f3 staggers for pressure.

Another setup that works really well in the corner is d3 into instant air blast, even on block. Probably works 80% of the time I do it. Can't take credit for that though, that's actually Ragnarok's tech. Does your setup work against delayed wakeup? It sounds good, but also sounds susceptible to delayed wakeups. I can't test it now though.

As to prevent your opponent from cheating and constantly stand blocking after jump-ins, you do have a low option that is safe, unlike the b321 or b34. You can cancel any jump-in attack into hover and immediately ground slam.

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
I mean you can get 20 or 22% midscreen by going into lift after your ex blast. I'm at work and I don't recall the exact percentage. But you're right though, I don't go for it midscreen that much unless I really need the 20% and I'm confident it'll work. Midscreen I prefer to use regular instant air burst and f3 staggers for pressure.

Another setup that works really well in the corner is d3 into instant air blast, even on block. Probably works 80% of the time I do it. Can't take credit for that though, that's actually Ragnarok's tech. Does your setup work against delayed wakeup? It sounds good, but also sounds susceptible to delayed wakeups. I can't test it now though.

As to prevent your opponent from cheating and constantly stand blocking after jump-ins, you do have a low option that is safe, unlike the b321 or b34. You can cancel any jump-in attack into hover and immediately ground slam.
unfortunately against delayed wake ups it doesnt work.. i'll try the d3 tech u suggested though and i wouldn't istant air midscreen cause u'll get punished easly if u don't meter burn it

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
unfortunately against delayed wake ups it doesnt work.. i'll try the d3 tech u suggested though and i wouldn't istant air midscreen cause u'll get punished easly if u don't meter burn it
I dunno man, I never get punished for it and it seems to be plus a couple frames?

I know it says air blast, but he shows plus frames with the regular burst as well.