What's new

USA vs the World at EVO 2012 [We need a team]

Saint

Noob
So you are telling me you can't book a flight 6 weeks in advance. Last time i checked you can book a flight and hotel within 6 weeks.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

You're right man how could I be so stupid, there are no other external factors

man, this hasn't been the best display of your intelligence, I suggest you stop now

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I do not have any bee man, its all good. I'm not attacking you or anything...Its just that you and Foxy act like you've dissected MK and know the game in and out...Its funny how confident you are considering the fact that you don't have that many players to play against. ( Pls don't even mention online) In this particular thread I didn't like the comment for CD jr. He's a true beast and imo he is top of the top. He is also fortunate enough to practice against the best in the US. people calling him overrated and shit is so ignorant. I hope you and Foxy go to EVO and back up everything you say. Then, talk all you want....Especially Foxy, I cant wait to see him beating REO's Kabal by "mashing."

Don't take it the wrong way, no beef no attacks....just discussion. :) peace
This is funny because I was saying to Glue and Foxy a couple of days ago that people would pick up on all the "mash this or that" posts and have the impression of scrubbyness. That's why it's funny because it's the opposite of the truth. Foxy just doesn't respect options until you make him, and even then he doesn't really respect them, lol.

Just wait and see, man. The 5v5 should be a great event. Don't let it degenerate into trash talk; you guys should treat the EU players like special guests if they all manage to actually make it out. Some of them are putting a whole year's worth of planning, saving, effort, etc, into going. Think about that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just wait and see, man. The 5v5 should be a great event. Don't let it degenerate into trash talk; you guys should treat the EU players like special guests if they all manage to actually make it out. Some of them are putting a whole year's worth of planning, saving, effort, etc, into going. Think about that.
Just because it's costing them a lot to make it to EVO doesn't mean we should automatically kiss their ass. If they want "no trash talk" then they should stay in EU. The American FGC involves trash talk, it's just how it is. Don't expect to come here and be treated like you're royalty.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Just because it's costing them a lot to make it to EVO doesn't mean we should automatically kiss their ass. If they want "no trash talk" then they should stay in EU. The American FGC involves trash talk, it's just how it is. Don't expect to come here and be treated like you're royalty.
ive been trying really hard to not get involved in this thread as all ive been seeing are players bickering amongst themselves and i didnt want to get involved, but come on man, dont tell us EU players to stay here just because you guys want tot rash talk for no reason, why should we miss out on the world championships just because they happen to be in america?

im fine with trash talk so long as it doesnt get personal, and thats exactly where discussions like these always end up, i dont expect to be treated like royalty, just treat me like a decent human being, as i will all of you.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
That isn't what I said though, is it?

Saint

Noob
HAHAHAHAHA

there are a collection of members on this website whom together form the epitome of stupidity

this is crazy

These people are putting in alot of money and effort to be given the opportunity to play in the US. Instead of welcoming them this is what you have to say?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Evo is the world championship, I understand that the game has changed a lot but its still mk9. Kung lao was not the reason why Pl won Evo, there were enough Kung lao players at the time and Perfect legend is the only real kung lao up to this day that goes to and has won majors up to this day...thats says something my friend. The biggest arguement people had was the 24 low hat shenanigan. If people cant learn to block low and d1 punish it its their own problem... people werent really punishing Mileenas ex teleport at the time , its the same thing
People still aren't punishing mil teleport...may favorite quote from FR was @CDjr yelling Maxter while playing pig..."d1 f3 fucking NUT PUNCH" lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
ive been trying really hard to not get involved in this thread as all ive been seeing are players bickering amongst themselves and i didnt want to get involved, but come on man, dont tell us EU players to stay here just because you guys want tot rash talk for no reason, why should we miss out on the world championships just because they happen to be in america?

im fine with trash talk so long as it doesnt get personal, and thats exactly where discussions like these always end up, i dont expect to be treated like royalty, just treat me like a decent human being, as i will all of you.
I said if you want "no trash talk", stay in EU. It's just not going to happen in America. If you'd seriously not come to EVO just because you can't handle trash talk, I don't know what to tell you.

These people are putting in alot of money and effort to be given the opportunity to play in the US. Instead of welcoming them this is what you have to say?
So they should be treated differently than everyone else just because they have to put down more money? Why would we treat the EU guys any differently than we'd treat anyone else of competition? Are you suggesting that the more money and effort that it costs you the more you should be respected? Sorry, respect is one of the few things money can't buy.

Make no mistake. We welcome anyone from out of country to compete with us. What better way to welcome you than to treat you as if you're one of our own? In fact, I'd say it would be DISRESPECTFUL if we didn't talk shit to you guys. Also, it's not all we do. But shit talk does happen, and it rarely gets personal. It's all for the competitive nature of fighting games and MK.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I said if you want "no trash talk", stay in EU. It's just not going to happen in America. If you'd seriously not come to EVO just because you can't handle trash talk, I don't know what to tell you.
dude, i clearly said im fine with trash talk as long as it doesnt get personal.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
So what's the problem?
like i said in my first post to you, every single thread ive seen like this ends up with people just throwing insults at one another, trash talk is how it starts and should stay, but thats never the case.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Everyone needs to realize that trash talk happens, people get offended, community takes sides, etc...

Trash talk between me an king hippo, and hippo and pig...all of it was moot at FR. We are all cool with each other and have a mutual respect. Even though I called out Kraziebone bone hard core, had he been able pro come to FR we would have chilled and had fun regardless. The same will happen the the EU guys.

As much trash as I talked about Hidan, and ketchup, I would gladly take them out for a drink if they can make it to EVO. Everybody feels big on the Internet. People still talk trash to me like what I said didn't pan out. I didn't do as well as I wanted at FR but I didn't get to play anyone I called out because I was in Spain till late sat night...I almost didn't even make it to FR.

Point is...this community has respect for each other. I talk about PL but reading his posts on here already makes me respect him a little more...(a little). I still want to see him go to more than one major in the life span of a game. But I would take him out for a drink too.

Lmaoo i made a thread asking the same thing and it didnt take off like this.
There should be a 5v5 tourny after the US vs EU. Like in the tourny there could be team representing NY, ATL, MIDW, and other teams like WNBA and stuff. just to see everyone play. Then of course other players would make their own teams. So itd be real fun to watch. But i see this tourny taking forever

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I'm not sure if it's appropriate, but I'd like to throw $100 into some sort of pot for the winning team. I don't think it's betting or gambling per se, but I really want this as hype as can be so I figure a little extra incentive might kick things off? If people are interested in developing this idea further, let me know. Again, if this isn't appropriate by any means, please just disregard it.

AC1984

Kaballin!
This is funny because I was saying to Glue and Foxy a couple of days ago that people would pick up on all the "mash this or that" posts and have the impression of scrubbyness. That's why it's funny because it's the opposite of the truth. Foxy just doesn't respect options until you make him, and even then he doesn't really respect them, lol.
Great!!! there is an answer for that as well. :-D

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Its just that you and Foxy act like you've dissected MK and know the game in and out...people calling him overrated and shit is so ignorant.
Thats your opinion of what you believe me and FOxy to be, and thats fine, but your putting words in my mouth, and not once did I say, or could you quote that I thought he (CDjr) was overrated. I think CDjr is a good player, that should be obvious by now.

The thread was asking for USA's team for the 5v5, I gave my opinion, and It didn't include CDjr, it also didn't include around 15 other eligible great players, but you didn't mention them, just CDjr, and all I simply wanted was Pig Of The Hut instead.

Remember, the only reason I mentioned CDjr, was because someone brought it up to me first, with ''why not CDjr'', otherwise I would never have started making comparisons the way you and that others have, I just simply made a pragmatical personal choice. Nothing more.

Has that cleared everything up for you now?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This thread has pretty much turned into what i thought it would. Just clear things up.

I respect ALL mk players, we all go to tournaments to compete and support this game, and i commemorate everyone for that, EVO will be the greatest tournament get together in the lifespan of MK9. This is a chance to show the world that we do care about keeping this game alive and to show that every one of us means business.

I'm greatly looking forward to having to chance to fight a bunch of players I've never had the chance to fight. If someone wants to underestimate me, or think I'm not very good sure go ahead, everyone's entitled to their own point of view. So long as you don't end up slanting my name for no reason we're cool. I want to fight a bunch of the US players not to prove who's better, but because high level matches are really fun to play.

If anyone does want to straight up talk shit to me, just back it up at EVO is all. I don't talk shit because I'm just not that kinda guy.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

You're right man how could I be so stupid, there are no other external factors

man, this hasn't been the best display of your intelligence, I suggest you stop now
I suggest you stop insulting peoples intelligence because it's making you look like a fucking asshole. I saw you just did it to someone else. The fact is if you really want to come to something you can do it in 6 weeks. Does it suck? Of course and maybe you won't be able to make it but it's nowhere near impossible like you are making it sound and it has nothing to do with intelligence.