What's new

Upgraded jacqui the gimmick character, whats the trick?

Wheres the counter or gap? How do you beat this rabbit that seems to have endless meter and hops around more than lao? When she burns meter she continues the combo from bunny hop right? So where can you definitively say ok its my turn? Someone educate me, i dont get it. I play shang.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Your turn is in a few places:

As far as Bionic Bounce to get in.. If she’s not going to commit to air blast, you can interrupt her before anything else comes out. Even if she does ground pound, it goes active slow enough that you can jab her out of it.

If she does the amplified Air Blast Cancel, you can interrupt her with AA after the meter burn, before the jump normal comes out.

If she does a regular air blast on block, go ham, it's punishable.

If she cancels into Close Bionic Bounce on block, you can AA her as normal when she’s coming down on the other side. But if you think she’s going to Air Blast Cancel, just wait it out and AA her immediately afterwards.

She’s meter-dependent, so if you block patiently and let her spend both bars, she’s limited for a bit. Likewise if you force her to breakaway.

She doesn’t have the string cancels in this variation, so look for f13 staggers and take your turn after.

As far as combos.. She can Bounce~Air Blast Cancel a couple times maximum mid-combo.. So just watch the combo counter and notice where she ends it. Eventually you'll get a feel for her enders.

That’s about all you need to know. Watch Deoxys first set in Grand Finals of the Playstation tournament last week to get an idea.

Last edited: