What's new

[Updated] MLG's Fall Fighter Arena Officially Cancelled Due to "Demanding Fall Schedule"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
After some speculation of what was going on with Major League Gaming's 'Fall Fighter Arena', reports have been coming in that the event which was planned to happen this weekend on Saturday, September 15th has been cancelled. Although, there has yet to be an official word via MLG's twitter on why this event was cancelled, many players that were planned to attend have been tweeting about it. The evidence continues on MLG's official website where once earlier today read "September 15: Fall Fighting Game Arena - New York City, MLG Studio" has been removed from the schedule. [Update] Players who were planned to attend i.e. GGA 16 Bit and DMG CD Jr were apparently emailed notification of cancellation of the event via Mortal Kombat Online. An explanation of the cancellation remains unknown.

This is indeed a shame as many were anxious to see more MLG Mortal Kombat action. However, the Fall Championship in Dallas, Texas remains and will likely follow-through with a big bang as players gear up for one of the next biggest events to come their way on November 2-4.

mlgfall.jpg

[Update] We've recently received official word from MLG as to why the Fall Fighter Arena was cancelled,
“After reviewing the demanding Fall schedule for the players, staff and the community, we elected to cancel the fighting game arena. We will continue to keep everyone up to date regarding future activities.” - MLG

Attachments

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
Yea I saw this on twitter a few times, i was hoping it wasn't true. *sigh* Ah well, seems that MLG Illuminati got me down until I know why it was cancelled. :(

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
This could well spell the end of MLG Fighter Arena's, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll drop the game from the majors as well. Some clarification from MLG would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath for one.

Hopefully they're just axing the Arena's altogether and replacing it with something else.

I dont think mortal kombat will be removed from mlg next year. Everyone is acting like this injustice game is gonna be good, but that has yet to be proven. Remember street fighter x tekken guys?

MLG Deimos

MLG Community Outreach Manager
MLG regrets to announce that the fighter arena on September 15 has been cancelled. We have contacted the players scheduled to compete, and they are aware of the change. Huge thanks to the FGC for all of their support so far in 2012- please stay tuned for further details on the Fall Season.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
MLG regrets to announce that the fighter arena on September 15 has been cancelled. We have contacted the players scheduled to compete, and they are aware of the change. Huge thanks to the FGC for all of their support so far in 2012- please stay tuned for further details on the Fall Season.
How come soul calibur is out now? :(

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Will this effect MK being at MLG Dallas? Alot of us are making plans/arrangements atm.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
How come soul calibur is out now? :(
perhaps to make room for TTT2? Tekken used to be on the circuit, with the new release id be surprised if it didnt come back. both are Namco games, so now theyre moving to the newer namco game, just a guess tho

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What does this "demanding schedule" thing mean? The poor communication with this situation has been disappointing coming from the usual professional and organized MLG.

Reactions: Jim

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
What does this "demanding schedule" thing mean? The poor communication with this situation has been disappointing coming from the usual professional and organized MLG.
It means they either can't or just don't want to organize 3 arenas and a championship, so they cut the least popular event.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is not the first time there has been mystery, or miscommunication on pressing matters with MLG. I'm sure they have good reason as to why, whether we like the reason or not, but as a company sometimes things like this happen. We'll find out the exact reason soon enough. Otherwise, seems like they are too busy.