What's new

Guide - Unbreakable {Updated} List of All Parryable String Gaps

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
(Updated with October 4th patch)

Here's a list a list of all the gaps in the strings of the entire cast that can be parried using regular parry or EX parry.

Legend:
* = Gap that can be parried using EX parry
** = Gap that can be parried using normal parry.
(more stars = larger gap)

Alien
Tarkatan:
Rekkas: BF2, 1 ** 2
Rekkas: BF2, 1 * 4

Bo Rai Cho
F2 * 1
34 ** 1
B3 ** 1+3
4 * 1

Cassie Cage
B12 ** 4
33 * 2
12 * 1

Goro
B12 ** U2

Ermac
F21 * D2
F3 * 4
F4 * 3

Jacqui Briggs
233 * 4

Jason
2 * 3 (Non-Slasher)

Jax
B3 ** D2
11 * 1
23 ** 2
Wrestler:
F3 ** 1+3
F4 ** 1+3

Kano
Cybernetic:
F3 * 2+4

Kenshi
44 * 1

Kung Lao
4 * 4

Liu Kang
11 * 3
F44 * 4

Mileena
F4 * 4
Piercing & Ravenous:
B12 ** 1+3

Predator
B22 ** d2

Raiden
Thunder God
:
112 ** 2 (Switch inputs direction when doing the parry because Raiden switches sides)
B112 ** 2 (Also switch sides, otherwise you'd get an ice ball)

Reptile
14 * 1

Shinnok
112 * 3

Tanya
24 * 3
B31 ** 2
B31 ** 3
F4 ** 3
Kobu Jutsu:
32 * 1

Tremor

B2 * 4

Triborg
111 * 2
11 ** 4
21 * 3
F4 * 3
Smoke:
B21 ** 4
F21 ** 3
Cyber Sub-Zero:
F1 * 2

Last edited:

Braindead

BTW I don't know most of the characters yet, but from the list above, the good gaps that we can abuse are KL's 44, and Raiden's bullshit.

Not that we care about Raiden's bullshit chip damage, but hey free punishes, why not?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
BTW I don't know most of the characters yet, but from the list above, the good gaps that we can abuse are KL's 44, and Raiden's bullshit.

Not that we care about Raiden's bullshit chip damage, but hey free punishes, why not?
I interrupt cassies b124 all the time...it's so easy. ;)

Can't wait to tall this shit out with other characters. Pretty soon people will be asking for nerfs for Unbreakable. Lol

Braindead

did you test anything into specials?

This list seems...... tiny.
Yeah I was surprised at not seeing so many gaps. I thought there would be more. However, as I said, there are other 1-frame gaps that you can armor out of but can't use parry in, and I didn't include them in this list.

As for the specials I thought about it, but it's going to be absolutely exhausting lol. I might work on it slowly if I have time, but we can also leave it for specific matchup discussions and build that knowledge over time.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's in the list, look again lol.

F12 * 4 isn't in the list, though. It probably means that the gap is 1 frame and couldn't be parried. I think that's the case because I remember one string stuffing the parry so it might be that one.
Well the last hit in F444 can be ducked and combo punished anyway so I wouldn't worry.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Here's a list a list of all the gaps in the strings of the entire cast that can be parried using regular parry or EX parry.

Notes:
  • I tested this using the AI reversal, so I don't know exactly how large the gap is or how easy it is to pull off the parry, but it's there.
  • You can perform an option select on normal parry but inputting the parry input WHILE blocking (see this thread here) so you don't have to risk releasing the block. If you pressed the inputs correctly and there was a gap, it will parry. Otherwise, you'll just continue blocking.
  • Obviously not all of these gaps will be useful because the strings won't be used, but I tested everything.
  • There are many other 1-frame gaps in the strings in this game, which can be armored out of using EX slide, but EX parry starts in 2 frames, so you will get hit if you try to parry. These gaps are not listed here.
Legend:
* = Gap that can be parried using EX parry
** = Gap that can be parried using normal parry.
(more stars = larger gap)

Cassie Cage
B1 2 * 4
3 3 * 2
1 2 * 1 (Exactly a 2-frame gap, extremely hard to time it. Also inconsistent - might depend on the stance)

Goro
B1 2 ** U2

Ermac
F2 1 * D2
F3 * 4

Jacqui Briggs
2 3 3 ** 4

Jax
B3 * D2
Wrestler:
F3 ** 1+3
F4 ** 1+3

Kano
Cybernetic:
F3 * 2+4

Kenshi
4 4 * 1

Kung Lao
4 ** 4

Liu Kang
1 1 * 3
F4 4 * 4

Mileena
F4 * 4
Ravenous:
B1 2 ** 1+3

Quan Chi
Warlock:
1 2 ** 1+3

Raiden
Thunder God
:
1 1 2 ** 2 (Switch inputs direction when doing the parry because Raiden switches sides)
B1 1 2 ** 2 (Also switch sides, otherwise you'd get an ice ball)

Reptile
1 4 ** 1

Shinnok
1 1 2 * 3

Takeda
B2 1 ** 2+4

I hope I didn't miss anything.
This is awesome, great work man. Please update as the patche(s) come in. Can you do Johnny Cage as well please?

I don't see this listed here yet, but you know that string 2112 command garb string Sonic Fox does with Erron Black? Sub can EX Parry that shit. :cool:

Braindead

I don't see this listed here yet, but you know that string 2112 command garb string Sonic Fox does with Erron Black? Sub can EX Parry that shit. :cool:
I only tested the gaps in the middle of the strings, not the cancel gap between strings and specials.
That would take ages to test and I thought it would just come naturally with different match-ups experiences.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Was thinking of maybe trying unbreakable with all this "the clone doesn't work now" talk.

Seems like a small list for parries though. Guess most of the parries will come from cancelling into specials then?

Braindead

Was thinking of maybe trying unbreakable with all this "the clone doesn't work now" talk.

Seems like a small list for parries though. Guess most of the parries will come from cancelling into specials then?
It is a small list because EX parry starts in 2 frames instead of 1. If it started in 1 the list size would become almost the double.

For your question, I think the answer is yes. There are more gaps in cancelling strings into specials. Compiling that list though would be exhausting so I think it's better just to acquire it in the MU experience.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
If you're playing against a Kotal that does b14 into mix up city, you can parry the OH/mid/low. Ice parry needs to be a reversal for the OH though or else you'll get rekt. Ice parry will not work against Kotal's db3 with or without the cancel cuz???? If he does MB sword throw, ice parry will block it, but Kotal can f2 you afterwards because you'll be in recovery from ice parry.